Kyle Orton waived - Possible Short Term Solution?

Want to play GM? Think the Redskins should sign a free agent or trade for someone? Speculation / rumors / trade possibilities / fantasy football / mock drafts - Do it here!
Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:22 am

frankcal20 wrote:Not going to happen. Sorry guys.

It was reported that Orton told other teams he would not show up if they claim him...only Bears. Will to forfeit $2.58 million. Also reported he asked to be cut when Cutler when down.

The Redskins did not invest $2.58 million on QBs in 2011, I doubt they would spend that much for six games on a guy that would need a few weeks (at least) to learn the system.
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

08 Champ

Re: Kyle Orton waived - Possible Short Term Solution?

Postby SkinsJock » Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:44 am

RayNAustin wrote:Denver waived Kyle Orton - and the Redskins could pick him up from the waiver wire, at a cost of 2.5 Mill.

Even though that would be a waste of 2.5 Mill this year, remember, Orton originally beat out Grossman in Chicago for the starting job, and would provide veteran competition for next year's starter while a young QB is drafted and groomed. He's only 29, and he does have the ability to play at a respectable level.

We should have learned from the past - we should ONLY add players that help this franchise going forward NOT just bring in players 'because they're better' - we need players that WILL make the other players here better

Mike & Bruce should look at what players can do and how he fits here NOT at whether he's better than what we have - ALMOST every QB is better than what we have
I will agree that, next season, we're going to need another QB other than the future great QB we draft AND that is not likely to be either of the 2 we have now

I'm not against any player being brought in as long as that player is a better fit and can help here

we have to stop just 'adding' players like Cerrato & Snyder did
Getting our QB back will help a lot but we still have a lot of issues to address

Players and coaches need to believe that they can be successful - they are not playing with that attitude - big changes are coming

HAIL

Currently 50-41

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:47 am

CanesSkins26 wrote:
aswas71788 wrote:Did you even watch Orton play this year? I vote an emphatic no to acquiring him. A complete waste of time and energy.

His qb rating is higher than both Beck's and Grossman's.

NOT that that's an achievement :roll:
Getting our QB back will help a lot but we still have a lot of issues to address

Players and coaches need to believe that they can be successful - they are not playing with that attitude - big changes are coming

HAIL

Currently 50-41

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:51 am

frankcal20 wrote:Not going to happen. Sorry guys.

I agree but some guys like to play fantasy football with this franchise and just 'bring in everybody'

HAIL

Currently 50-41

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:02 am

Colorado Skin Fan wrote:I 2nd DarthMonk's post!....

I'm with you on that one Colorado!!!!!

Darthmonk, great idea!

Let Rex have at it this season, bring in Orton to learn the playbook and draft a youngbuck in the draft. I wouldn't drop Rex next year though but I'd drop Beck in half a heartbeat.

Rex/Orton/QB Draftpick for 2012 season. I like that one.
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally
When I die, remember me as one loyal S.O.B.!

Hog

Postby StorminMormon86 » Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:15 am

The Bears or the Chiefs will pick Orton up. I don't see any reason in bringing in a guy who does not know this "illustrious Kyle Shanahan offensive scheme" just to play for 6 more games in a season that's already over.

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Wed Nov 23, 2011 1:27 pm

The Redskins might bring in a QB but it will not be to finish out this season

we are going to need a QB or 2 to help the future great Redskins' QB get ready to play in the NFL

Beck does not have a job here next season - Rex's job security here for next season is tenuos at best

The Bears needs at QB RIGHT NOW might force the issue

HAIL

Currently 50-41

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Wed Nov 23, 2011 1:28 pm

sorry for the double post
Last edited by SkinsJock on Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

HAIL

Currently 50-41

Mmmm...donuts
Location: How much text will they let me fit in this 'Location' space? I mean, can I just keep writing and wr

Postby joebagadonuts » Wed Nov 23, 2011 1:56 pm

We already have two 'short-term' solutions at quarterback.
I'm a jack of all trades, the master of three
Rockin' the tables, rockin' the mikes, rockin' the young lay-dees.

**ch44

Postby chiefhog44 » Wed Nov 23, 2011 3:31 pm

Claim and trade to the bears
Miss you 21

12/17/09 - Ding Dong the Witch is Dead...Which Old Witch? The Wicked Witch.

1/6/10 - The start of a new era

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Wed Nov 23, 2011 3:38 pm

chiefhog44 wrote:Claim and trade to the bears

Sounds like fantasy football. I like it!!

DarthMonk
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

Hog

Postby oneman56 » Wed Nov 23, 2011 4:17 pm

ESPN is reporting the Chiefs have claimed Orton.

Hog

Postby BearSkins » Thu Nov 24, 2011 11:59 pm

Cowboys also put in a claim on Orton - presumably to stop him going to the Bears. Caleb Hainie will be a Free Agent and word is that Orton will back Cutler up next year. I guess we will see in the next few weeks how Hainie does. May be a decent option for the Redskins as a depth guy/#2 while they bring on a rookie
It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom – for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.

Hog

Postby StorminMormon86 » Fri Nov 25, 2011 9:36 am

langleyparkjoe wrote:Let Rex have at it this season, bring in Orton to learn the playbook and draft a youngbuck in the draft.

I'd drop Rex quicker than a hiccup.

#######

Postby The Hogster » Fri Nov 25, 2011 2:00 pm

We are out of the running for anything. Claiming Orton would have been a waste. Matt Barkley or BUST.
SPIT HAPPENS!!

Return to General Manager's Office