Kyle Orton waived - Possible Short Term Solution?

Want to play GM? Think the Redskins should sign a free agent or trade for someone? Speculation / rumors / trade possibilities / fantasy football / mock drafts - Do it here!
kazoo

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Fri Nov 25, 2011 2:15 pm

We already have two quarterbacks who suck, why do we another one?
Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Proverb: Failure is not falling down. Failure is not getting up again

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

#######

Postby The Hogster » Fri Nov 25, 2011 2:58 pm

KazooSkinsFan wrote:We already have two quarterbacks who suck, why do we another one?

They want to go for the Trifecta.
SPIT HAPPENS!!

#######

Postby The Hogster » Fri Nov 25, 2011 3:00 pm

KazooSkinsFan wrote:We already have two quarterbacks who suck, why do we another one?

They want to go for the Trifecta.
SPIT HAPPENS!!

|||

Re: Kyle Orton waived - Possible Short Term Solution?

Postby HEROHAMO » Sat Nov 26, 2011 1:30 am

CanesSkins26 wrote:
DarthMonk wrote:I say we:

1) Acquire him.

2) Draft Griffin.

3) Release Grossman and Beck.

4) Start Griffin from Day 1.

I was actually thinking about this this morning and almost posted as much. I think Orton was due to become a free agent next year.

DarthMonk

RayNAustin wrote:Denver waived Kyle Orton - and the Redskins could pick him up from the waiver wire, at a cost of 2.5 Mill.

Even though that would be a waste of 2.5 Mill this year, remember, Orton originally beat out Grossman in Chicago for the starting job, and would provide veteran competition for next year's starter while a young QB is drafted and groomed. He's only 29, and he does have the ability to play at a respectable level.

I'd much rather have Landry Jones or Matt Barkley.

Landry Jones had a chance to win a National Championship this year. In my opinion he blew it. So no thanks to him. Barkley on the other hand not a bad year. He helped lead a victory against Oregon. Which makes me think how did he lose to Stanford? Anyways which brings me to my point.

RG 3 is better then both. RG 3 can throw better, run better and will be a front runner for the heisman. It will be between Luck and RG3 in my opinion.

If RG3 was on Oklahoma they would be headed to the National Championship. RG3 is better then both.
Sean Taylor starting free safety Heavens team!

21 Forever

"The show must go on."

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Sat Nov 26, 2011 7:22 pm

+1
I agree with all of the above. Hope RGIII is in the B&G next year badly!
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

Return to General Manager's Office