Robert Griffin III

Want to play GM? Think the Redskins should sign a free agent or trade for someone? Speculation / rumors / trade possibilities / fantasy football / mock drafts - Do it here!
---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:59 pm

The Browns need a WR and have a lot of holes to plug. They may not take RGIII....

It'll be interesting to see who they acquire in free agency.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

Hog

Postby riggofan » Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:24 pm

Chris Luva Luva wrote:The Browns need a WR and have a lot of holes to plug. They may not take RGIII....

It'll be interesting to see who they acquire in free agency.

Yeah I've seen both Blackmon and Richardson as possible picks for them as well as RGIII. Just goes to your point that they have a lot of needs.

Postby skinsfan#33 » Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:54 pm

GoSkins wrote:
Countertrey wrote:Sorry... I just don't see the Browns "passing" on RGIII. McCoy MAY turn into a franchise Quarterback, but that's pretty iffy... If Griffin is there at 4, they take him.

You're probably right. So that's why I hope Shanny trades up with St. Louis.

Of the Browns want RG3, there is nothing we can do about it. They have way more ammo than us.

If they think we are going to the #2 spot and they really want him they can just out bid us. So trying to get to #2 is over kill. Move to #3 at the most.
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain"
(It is time to roll the dice) Tai'shar Manetheren

"Duty is heavier than a Mountain, Death is lighter than a feather" Tai'shar Malkier

RIP James Oliver Rigney, Jr. 1948-2007

goskins

Postby GoSkins » Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:04 pm

skinsfan#33 wrote:
GoSkins wrote:
Countertrey wrote:Sorry... I just don't see the Browns "passing" on RGIII. McCoy MAY turn into a franchise Quarterback, but that's pretty iffy... If Griffin is there at 4, they take him.

Of the Browns want RG3, there is nothing we can do about it. They have way more ammo than us.

If they think we are going to the #2 spot and they really want him they can just out bid us. So trying to get to #2 is over kill. Move to #3 at the most.

If we follow your scenario then what happens if Cleveland waits till #3 and then trades with the Vikings? The Browns do have 2 1st round picks but if we want RG III then we do what we have to do.

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:13 pm

This FO could trade up if they really like RGIII ...... but they are not going to be stupid and "do what it takes" :lol:

THANKFULLY

some of you guys don't have any idea of what this FO is going through and trying to get done

some of you sound (and think) like Snyder and Cerrato :lol:
Getting our QB back will help a lot but we still have a lot of issues to address

Players and coaches need to believe that they can be successful - they are not playing with that attitude - big changes are coming

HAIL

Currently 50-41

Postby skinsfan#33 » Sat Jan 14, 2012 8:51 am

GoSkins wrote:
skinsfan#33 wrote:
GoSkins wrote:

If we follow your scenario then what happens if Cleveland waits till #3 and then trades with the Vikings? The Browns do have 2 1st round picks but if we want RG III then we do what we have to do.

Same thing applies, but then they are taking the risk that w could strike a deal for #2. If they want him they will get him.
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain"
(It is time to roll the dice) Tai'shar Manetheren

"Duty is heavier than a Mountain, Death is lighter than a feather" Tai'shar Malkier

RIP James Oliver Rigney, Jr. 1948-2007

tribe
Location: SURF CITY, HB, CALI *** Occasionally flying into a SUPERNOVA

Postby tribeofjudah » Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:39 pm

Bleacher Report ....reports:

By Matt Stein(Featured Columnist) on January 20, 2012

2. Washington Redskins (from St. Louis Rams)
Selection: Robert Griffin III, Quarterback, Baylor

The first big trade of the 2012 NFL Draft will be the Washington Redskins trading up to get their quarterback of the future in RG3.

While the Cleveland Browns, Miami Dolphins and Seattle Seahawks will likely make a play for the second pick, I think the Redskins will be the most desperate, and be willing to give up the most to land Griffin.

Griffin may no be as polished as Andrew Luck, but he is certainly ultra-talented and will thrive in the NFL. He's more athletic than Luck, which might make him a better prospect while the two are still learning the professional game.

Proverbs 27:17 As iron sharpens iron,
so one person sharpens another.

B-rad

Postby brad7686 » Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:58 pm

The more I think about it the more this trade has to happen. Personally after evaluating the situation, I think everybody is stupid for thinking Luck is better than Griffin. If you look at tape and stats he looks head and shoulders above everybody else IMO. He won the Heisman for a reason.
No Pressure, No Diamonds

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:33 am

This is my favorite thread of the offseason.. I'd take RGIII over luck without thinking twice. The team needs this just as much as the B&G nation! Hail to RGIII and Hail to victory!
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

Hog

Postby riggofan » Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:10 pm

brad7686 wrote:The more I think about it the more this trade has to happen. Personally after evaluating the situation, I think everybody is stupid for thinking Luck is better than Griffin. If you look at tape and stats he looks head and shoulders above everybody else IMO. He won the Heisman for a reason.

I don't know if RGIII is better than Luck or not. But I gotta say the more I've learned about RGIII the past few weeks, the more impressed I am by him. If the team feels he is worth trading up to get, I won't have any problem with it.

Return to General Manager's Office