Robert Griffin III

Want to play GM? Think the Redskins should sign a free agent or trade for someone? Speculation / rumors / trade possibilities / fantasy football / mock drafts - Do it here!
Hog

Postby emoses14 » Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:42 am

I'm curious to see where the rankings of the qbs (griffin, luck, barkely, jones, kellen (boise state), the guy from wisconsin, etc.) by the experts is post-combine. I know that the redskins are going to reveal exactly squat (which is how I like it, actually) about their draft logic prior to making each pic. If shanahan taught me anything last year its that he will do damn near anything in the draft. Right now, I am firmly all in for either Barkely or Griffin and starting to lean toward griffin, even if Barkely's available. Someone noted his short medium passing prowess, but what has impressed me in the oklahoma and I believe 2 of the subsequent games has been his deep ball which seems to always be on the money to his WRs. And his decision making, at least what I've seen, seems to be quite good (from where and when to throw, to the difference between moving to create time/space for WRs to break open vs. when to pull it down and boogie, to how he carries himself in interviews, etc. Be very curious to hear what the buzz on him will be come draft.

Also wondering if we might not be able to snag him in the second round rather than the first.
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:10 am

Just saw your sig.

Congrats on Ezra "7 pound" Merrick!

DarthMonk

emoses14 wrote:I'm curious to see where the rankings of the qbs (griffin, luck, barkely, jones, kellen (boise state), the guy from wisconsin, etc.) by the experts is post-combine. I know that the redskins are going to reveal exactly squat (which is how I like it, actually) about their draft logic prior to making each pic. If shanahan taught me anything last year its that he will do damn near anything in the draft. Right now, I am firmly all in for either Barkely or Griffin and starting to lean toward griffin, even if Barkely's available. Someone noted his short medium passing prowess, but what has impressed me in the oklahoma and I believe 2 of the subsequent games has been his deep ball which seems to always be on the money to his WRs. And his decision making, at least what I've seen, seems to be quite good (from where and when to throw, to the difference between moving to create time/space for WRs to break open vs. when to pull it down and boogie, to how he carries himself in interviews, etc. Be very curious to hear what the buzz on him will be come draft.

Also wondering if we might not be able to snag him in the second round rather than the first.
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

Hog

Postby emoses14 » Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:13 am

DarthMonk wrote:Just saw your sig.

Congrats on Ezra "7 pound" Merrick!

DarthMonk

emoses14 wrote:I'm curious to see where the rankings of the qbs (griffin, luck, barkely, jones, kellen (boise state), the guy from wisconsin, etc.) by the experts is post-combine. I know that the redskins are going to reveal exactly squat (which is how I like it, actually) about their draft logic prior to making each pic. If shanahan taught me anything last year its that he will do damn near anything in the draft. Right now, I am firmly all in for either Barkely or Griffin and starting to lean toward griffin, even if Barkely's available. Someone noted his short medium passing prowess, but what has impressed me in the oklahoma and I believe 2 of the subsequent games has been his deep ball which seems to always be on the money to his WRs. And his decision making, at least what I've seen, seems to be quite good (from where and when to throw, to the difference between moving to create time/space for WRs to break open vs. when to pull it down and boogie, to how he carries himself in interviews, etc. Be very curious to hear what the buzz on him will be come draft.

Thank you, sir. Appreciate that.
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

swine

Postby elprez19 » Wed Dec 07, 2011 6:22 pm

We need to take a page out of the Bengels book and draft Blackmon then RGIII somehow. Pick up a guard in the thrid and fourth round. Grab depth on D with everything else. Dont forget about free agency. We would be legit next year. Come join me in fantasy land

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:22 pm

elprez19 wrote:We need to take a page out of the Bengels book and draft Blackmon then RGIII somehow. Pick up a guard in the thrid and fourth round. Grab depth on D with everything else. Dont forget about free agency. We would be legit next year. Come join me in fantasy land

Here's a fantasy:

RGIII and ...

... Shanahan has almost no choice but to take a quarterback at some point, and he should draft a receiver to pair him with. Alshon Jeffery and Justin Blackmon, two top-10 talents unlikely to fall to Washington, headline this class of receivers, but there is still value to be found in the second or third rounds.

One of those prospects is Dwight Jones, a 6'4", 225-pound receiver from UNC who runs a 4.53 second 40-yard dash and has all the physical tools to be the Redskins’ top wideout. He is ranked as the sixth- or seventh-best receiver in the draft, and he could easily fall to the second round, where Shanahan would do well to draft him.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/9113 ... son/page/3

DarthMonk

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We want heap more!

-----------

Postby Smithian » Sat Dec 10, 2011 8:48 pm

RGIII for Heisman!
"I said when he retired that Joe Gibbs was the best coach I'd ever faced." - Bill Parcells

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Sat Dec 10, 2011 9:25 pm

Love that R Griffin III won the Heisman - BIG congratulations to him & his family :up:

Hope he makes the top 10 in the draft - he will NOT be taken before Luck or Barkley
Getting our QB back will help a lot but we still have a lot of issues to address

Players and coaches need to believe that they can be successful - they are not playing with that attitude - big changes are coming

HAIL

Currently 50-41

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Sat Dec 17, 2011 1:21 pm

I had a dream:

DarthMonk

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We want heap more!

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Sat Dec 17, 2011 2:52 pm

DarthMonk wrote:I had a dream:

DarthMonk

I don't see "Wilson" or "The Duke" anywhere on that ball...

just sayin'...
... and didn't we retire the great Jay Schroeder's #10? :P
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Sat Dec 17, 2011 7:30 pm

Countertrey wrote:
DarthMonk wrote:I had a dream:

DarthMonk

I don't see "Wilson" or "The Duke" anywhere on that ball...

just sayin'...
... and didn't we retire the great Jay Schroeder's #10? :P

Me neither. I was wondering who'd notice first. I actually found a better pic with a #11 but couldn't link it.

http://www.google.com/imgres?q=griffin+ ... 29,r:0,s:0

You know Jay made a huge play in the Super Bowl after Wiliams went out. He got blind sided and it had fumble written all over it but he did not cough it up.

DarthMonk

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We want heap more!

tribe
Location: SURF CITY, HB, CALI *** Occasionally flying into a SUPERNOVA

Postby tribeofjudah » Mon Dec 19, 2011 7:18 pm

NO ....not liking Landry Jones. Saw him on tv a few weeks ago and he absolutely STUNK IT UP.........
Proverbs 27:17 As iron sharpens iron,
so one person sharpens another.

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:50 am

Be great to bring in Luck, Barkley or Griffin and we will draft a QB

Griffin offers a lot and I'd love to get him

we will be better off in 4 or 5 years if we continue to build the whole team and NOT give up draft picks

If we have seen anything or learned from this season it's that we are not far off from being competitive in the NFC East
we need to continue to add young players to the mix

this FO deserves to be looked and based on what they have done and NOT what has happened here before
OR based on what other francises have done - these guys will continue to add to what they've begun here
we all can look forward to being consistently competitive as long as the formula for success continues

DO NOT GIVE UP ANY DRAFT PICKS

love to get Griffin, however .... we really need to make sure we continue to add to the depth at all positions

NOT having Grossman or Beck as a starting QB here next season IS AN UPGRADE at the QB position
Getting our QB back will help a lot but we still have a lot of issues to address

Players and coaches need to believe that they can be successful - they are not playing with that attitude - big changes are coming

HAIL

Currently 50-41

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:05 pm

Here is the current order:

Indianapolis (1-13) LUCK QB
Minnesota (2-12) KALIL OT
St. Louis (2-12) BLACKMON WR
Jacksonville (4-10) BARKLEY or RGIII
Cleveland (4-10) BARKLEY or RGIII
Tampa Bay (4-10) CLAIBORNE CB
Washington (5-9) JONES QB

If you knew this was going to happen would you give our 1st rounder and Arakpo to the Jags for their number 1 in order to land Barkley or RGIII?

Would they? Would they need more?

DarthMonk

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We want heap more!

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Thu Dec 22, 2011 3:26 pm

WE NEED TO ADD GOOD PLAYERS - NOT GIVE THEM AWAY

we need to continue to build

THANKFULLY this FO will not cave in to this Snyder type, idiotic way of running things

If all the good QBs are gone when we pick, we should continue to address areas of need

We do NOT want to give up what we've started

WE ARE NOT BAD ANYMORE and we have Rex Grossman as our starting QB

WE WILL BE BETTER AT QB NEXT SEASON by NOT STARTING GROSSMAN

HAIL

Currently 50-41

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Thu Dec 22, 2011 3:28 pm

I want to win the next 2 games

I don't care when we pick as long as we continue to build

KEEP ALL THE DRAFT PICKS

HAIL

Currently 50-41

Return to General Manager's Office