Leinart...watch closely

Want to play GM? Think the Redskins should sign a free agent or trade for someone? Speculation / rumors / trade possibilities / fantasy football / mock drafts - Do it here!
**ch44

Leinart...watch closely

Postby chiefhog44 » Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:12 am

If he succeeds through the rest of the year, could you see us making a trade for him? The guy is basically playing in the same offense right now, and I think he's really grown up over the last two years. Listen to his interview on Sirius NFL this past week if you don't believe me. He could confirm those thoughts if he plays well. Just thinking we could upgrade at OL in the first AND secure our QB situation with a 5th rounder.
Miss you 21

12/17/09 - Ding Dong the Witch is Dead...Which Old Witch? The Wicked Witch.

1/6/10 - The start of a new era

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Sun Nov 27, 2011 1:27 pm

I'd say we need to take the best Qb available in the first ol can follow as well as FA.

I really like the idea of getting Griff
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

tribe
Location: SURF CITY, HB, CALI *** Occasionally flying into a SUPERNOVA

Postby tribeofjudah » Sun Nov 27, 2011 3:37 pm

NO THANKS........LOOKS LIKE HE BROKE A COLLAR BONE

Citing a source with knowledge of the situation, Profootballtalk.com reports that the Texans fear Matt Leinart fractured his left collarbone on a third-down play Sunday, knocking him from the game.
He has returned to the sideline in a sling, all but confirming a significant injury. Leinart also fractured his left collarbone in early October of 2007 with the Cardinals, and it ended his season. The Texans will have to hit the quarterback market this week if Leinart's incurred the same injury. Fifth-round pick T.J. Yates has shown better arm velocity than Leinart against the Jaguars, but has been inconsistent. Either way, the Texans will remain the NFL's most run-heavy team during the season's stretch run.
Proverbs 27:17 As iron sharpens iron,
so one person sharpens another.

Hog

Re: Leinart...watch closely

Postby Red_One43 » Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:19 pm

chiefhog44 wrote:If he succeeds through the rest of the year, could you see us making a trade for him? The guy is basically playing in the same offense right now, and I think he's really grown up over the last two years. Listen to his interview on Sirius NFL this past week if you don't believe me. He could confirm those thoughts if he plays well. Just thinking we could upgrade at OL in the first AND secure our QB situation with a 5th rounder.

We did try to sign him as a free agent during the offseason, but no chance of trading for him.

We draft a rookie.
Grossman is a good back up.
If we keep three QBs - Beck is a good three

That gives you two guys to school the rook on how the offense works. Grossman and Beck are low paid and won't cost you draft picks.

ATX

Re: Leinart...watch closely

Postby ATX_Skins » Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:45 am

Red_One43 wrote:
chiefhog44 wrote:If he succeeds through the rest of the year, could you see us making a trade for him? The guy is basically playing in the same offense right now, and I think he's really grown up over the last two years. Listen to his interview on Sirius NFL this past week if you don't believe me. He could confirm those thoughts if he plays well. Just thinking we could upgrade at OL in the first AND secure our QB situation with a 5th rounder.

We did try to sign him as a free agent during the offseason, but no chance of trading for him.

We draft a rookie.
Grossman is a good back up.
If we keep three QBs - Beck is a good three

That gives you two guys to school the rook on how the offense works. Grossman and Beck are low paid and won't cost you draft picks.

No, you draft a QB early, Grossman as a back up and draft late round potential QB as your third. I think it's pretty clear Beck is not NFL quality.
Support the troops, especially our snipers.

Return to General Manager's Office