Baylor QB Robert Griffin III Beats Andrew Luck Wins Heisman

Want to play GM? Think the Redskins should sign a free agent or trade for someone? Speculation / rumors / trade possibilities / fantasy football / mock drafts - Do it here!
Hog

Baylor QB Robert Griffin III Beats Andrew Luck Wins Heisman

Postby SprintRightOption » Sat Dec 10, 2011 9:28 pm

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Sat Dec 10, 2011 9:40 pm

as I posted elsewhere

I LOVE that R Griffin III won the Heisman - BIG congratulations to him & his family

Hope he makes the top 10 in the draft - he will NOT be taken before Luck or Barkley
Griffin will become a really good QB but it's going to take time

We are lucky to have Cousins - hopefully he can continue to play well

HAIL

Week 3 - 27-21

Hog

Re: Baylor QB Robert Griffin III Beats Andrew Luck Wins Heis

Postby Red_One43 » Sat Dec 10, 2011 9:41 pm

SprintRightOption wrote:So much for Suck for Luck. It's Suck for Griffin III now.

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2011/12/10/robert-griffin-iii-wins-first-heisman-trophy-for-baylor/

Peyton Manning didn't win the Heisman either amd I think someone coined "Whiff for Griff" as the slogan to get him. :)

Hog

Postby SprintRightOption » Sat Dec 10, 2011 9:52 pm

SkinsJock wrote:as I posted elsewhere

I LOVE that R Griffin III won the Heisman - BIG congratulations to him & his family

Hope he makes the top 10 in the draft - he will NOT be taken before Luck or Barkley

Andrew Luck looks a lot bigger compared to the other guys. I just checked his stats. He is 6ft 4inches 235lbs, while Griffin is 6ft 2in. 220lbs.

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Sat Dec 10, 2011 10:04 pm

Did anyone notice who won the Heisman last year? - where is he now?

- Griffin III had a great year and thoroughly deserved the Heisman

Andrew Luck is so far ahead of R Griffin III as far as their potential in the NFL is concerned - NOT even close
Griffin will become a really good QB but it's going to take time

We are lucky to have Cousins - hopefully he can continue to play well

HAIL

Week 3 - 27-21

-----------

Postby Smithian » Sat Dec 10, 2011 10:31 pm

Future Redskin.
"I said when he retired that Joe Gibbs was the best coach I'd ever faced." - Bill Parcells

#######

Postby The Hogster » Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:26 pm

I'm still in favor of Matt Barkley for the Skins. But, I would not be mad if we take RG3. He seems like a quality character guy, and is obviously talented. When standing next to Luck, he doesn't appear 2 inches shorter. Either Luck isn't 6'4 or he isn't 6'2, we will find out at the Combine.

I prefer Barkley because I believe that our OC wouldn't know how to use RG3 anyway. Kyle isn't flexible enough. I think Barkley will be a great pro, and his skills fit the mold of what it appears that Kyle wants.

If they're willing to tweak the offense to win with RG3, I'm all for it. But, I doubt they are.
SPIT HAPPENS!!

#######

Postby The Hogster » Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:27 pm

I'm still in favor of Matt Barkley for the Skins. But, I would not be mad if we take RG3. He seems like a quality character guy, and is obviously talented. When standing next to Luck, he doesn't appear 2 inches shorter. Either Luck isn't 6'4 or he isn't 6'2, we will find out at the Combine.

I prefer Barkley because I believe that our OC wouldn't know how to use RG3 anyway. Kyle isn't flexible enough. I think Barkley will be a great pro, and his skills fit the mold of what it appears that Kyle wants.

If they're willing to tweak the offense to win with RG3, I'm all for it. But, I doubt they are.
SPIT HAPPENS!!

Postby skinsfan#33 » Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:32 pm

Smithian wrote:Future Redskin.

Heisman winning QB's scare me. They almost always such in the prod. Sure there are some that overcome that, but it still gives me pause.

I haven't watched any of the top college QBs, but from what I've read RGIII seems to be a very accurate kid with over the top athleticism and he is smart, hard worker to boot!

Seems like his only two knocks are his experience and the Heisman.
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain"
(It is time to roll the dice) Tai'shar Manetheren

"Duty is heavier than a Mountain, Death is lighter than a feather" Tai'shar Malkier

RIP James Oliver Rigney, Jr. 1948-2007

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:16 am

Ill take griff like I been spittin for months! His heisman might put him up in the draft tho... Hope we get someone good
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

~~~~~

Postby Warmother » Sun Dec 11, 2011 8:45 am

skinsfan#33 wrote:

Heisman winning QB's scare me. They almost always such in the prod. Sure there are some that overcome that, but it still gives me pause.

I haven't watched any of the top college QBs, but from what I've read RGIII seems to be a very accurate kid with over the top athleticism and he is smart, hard worker to boot!

He actually has a lot of expierience. He has started 3 years. Was redshirted his sophmore year after an injury. His numbers got better every year he played.

I'd love to have him. super smart and athletic,
"I never apologize. I'm sorry but that's just the way I am."

^^^^^^^

Postby frankcal20 » Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:11 am

Warmother wrote:
skinsfan#33 wrote:

He actually has a lot of expierience. He has started 3 years. Was redshirted his sophmore year after an injury. His numbers got better every year he played.

Gibbs???

Skins History Buff

Postby welch » Sun Dec 11, 2011 7:36 pm

Joe Gibbs would take the smart guy who can throw long and accurately. That was Rypien, and, thinking about it, I'm not sure any Redskin QB since then has been as good.

Maybe there's a risk: Shuler, Ramsey, and Campbell were first rounders, and Shuler was drafted back-to-back with Trent Dilfer. Considered the best of that year.

Ryan Leaf?

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Sun Dec 11, 2011 8:40 pm

The "Whiff for Griff" campaign was coined by me, as a tongue in cheek response to an out of control poster who stole an earlier tongue in cheek campaign (Suck for Luck) and, apparently, went over the edge.

I really like RGIII, a lot. He is going to be a superior NFL quarterback. Super disciplined. Super smart. Super athletic, and a Super leader. He is not, however, NFL Ready. I would not be at all unhappy if he is selected by the Redskins, but it does mean that we will suffer through at least part of a season with Grossman, or some other journeyman, as our quarterback.

I expect that, if he comes out, Matt Barkley will be selected by the skins... I'm fine with that, too... had I found another verb for "miss" that rhymed with Barkley... I'd have used it... Barkley IS NFL ready, and will likely be ready to run, if not the first game, then within a few weeks of the start of the season.

I don't see either of these young QB's missing. Both will have successful careers... One of them will have that career with the Redskins. Hail.
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

~~~~~

Postby Warmother » Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:10 am

frankcal20 wrote:
Warmother wrote:
skinsfan#33 wrote:

Gibbs???

I knew I'd heard that before! :D
"I never apologize. I'm sorry but that's just the way I am."

Return to General Manager's Office