Baylor QB Robert Griffin III Beats Andrew Luck Wins Heisman

Want to play GM? Think the Redskins should sign a free agent or trade for someone? Speculation / rumors / trade possibilities / fantasy football / mock drafts - Do it here!
the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:29 pm

As I noted in another thread, I think that a mobile quarterback is ideal to the game that Kyle wants to call. The only part of the game that is really likely to be a real impediment to RGIII is working the pocket from under center. Any of the rooks will have difficulty with the fine points of scheme and terminology... both of which I suspect Griffin can grasp fairly quickly. The major impediments, again, are likely to be technique under center, reading pro defenses post snap, and the speed of the game. Three of these four issues are going to be an issue for ANY rookie. Kyle actually prefers a quarterback who has the ability to extend via athleticism. The question is, how long would it take for RGIII to be ready to use the full scheme?

Don't forget, not only is Mike looking to build a winner... but he's also looking to pass that winner to his son. No matter which rookie they select next year, they are not going to be making a trip to the Superbowl... and, based on this season's performance, any post season play is a bonus. He will want a quarterback who is ready to make the run in 2013, at the earliest. Griffin, I think, can do that.
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:52 pm

Trey - we are not far off from being competitive in the NFC East - we have some key components here now and just need a little more help PLUS the OC needs to get his act together a little better here

I am NOT saying if we added Luck, all would be rosy - we're NOT getting him anyway

I think a good QB (like RG III or Barkley) will come in here and (it would take some time) get ready to play

we need to IMPROVE the O line PLUS get some quality depth - but we can do all that with another good draft PLUS free agency
I think we'd be close and we might even be in the playoffs next year

I am really pissed at Davis and Williams for what they did - not once, not twice BUT 3 times - that is troubling

The Williams/Davis fiasco plus not having a rookie QB already here really hurts our chances a lot
Getting our QB back will help a lot but we still have a lot of issues to address

Players and coaches need to believe that they can be successful - they are not playing with that attitude - big changes are coming

HAIL

Currently 50-41

Return to General Manager's Office