Josh Gordon

Want to play GM? Think the Redskins should sign a free agent or trade for someone? Speculation / rumors / trade possibilities / fantasy football / mock drafts - Do it here!
^^^^^^^

Postby frankcal20 » Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:39 pm

Per twitter and multiple people, the Browns were the only team to bring him in for a visit and more importantly, he was there for a few days.

Also, Rich Gannon brings up a good point. Brad Childress is now on the coaching staff on offense and he loves young WR's.

Hog

Postby SouthLondonRedskin » Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:12 pm

So the Browns get Gordon and give up a 2nd round pick next season, is that right...?

:hmm:

Errr, wouldn't they have been more likely to get RG3 if they had been prepared to give up that 2nd round pick...???

Oh dear....

ROTFALMAO
Here It Comes Again: Worst to First Baby!

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:58 pm

SouthLondonRedskin wrote:So the Browns get Gordon and give up a 2nd round pick next season, is that right...?

:hmm:

Errr, wouldn't they have been more likely to get RG3 if they had been prepared to give up that 2nd round pick...???

Oh dear....

ROTFALMAO

Karmic juistice
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:26 pm

:shock: a 2nd round pick - and that pick might very well be the 35th to 38th slot - that is AMAZING :shock:

I would agree that WR is a position of need with the Redskins but ....
this franchise has already made some moves and we really don't know how the other guys will be with RGIII

IMHO - the WR position is going to be filled from the group that is here

with our draft pick situation, THANKFULLY we did not go after this guy :roll:

I just don't see giving up even a fifth pick for a kid that is going to take time to get ready to play and basically did not play at all in 2011 :roll:
Getting our QB back will help a lot but we still have a lot of issues to address

Players and coaches need to believe that they can be successful - they are not playing with that attitude - big changes are coming

HAIL

Currently 50-41

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:04 pm

I'd like to know what other teams made offers, and what round they were willing to go. I guess they don't publish that info.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:54 am

not much about this is clear, JSPB ..... :shock:

The process involves 'bidding' - it's reported that Cleveland thought it might be as high as a 3rd round pick :lol:

they wanted this kid and offered a 2nd .....

IMHO - that is just a really bad decision :roll:
Getting our QB back will help a lot but we still have a lot of issues to address

Players and coaches need to believe that they can be successful - they are not playing with that attitude - big changes are coming

HAIL

Currently 50-41

Hog

Postby riggofan » Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:33 am

SkinsJock wrote:I would agree that WR is a position of need with the Redskins but ....
this franchise has already made some moves and we really don't know how the other guys will be with RGIII

IMHO - the WR position is going to be filled from the group that is here

Looks like you're right on that one! Let's hope the earlier WR moves pay off this season and we're stronger at the position than we thought.

Hog

Postby Red_One43 » Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:11 pm

Deadskins wrote:I'd like to know what other teams made offers, and what round they were willing to go. I guess they don't publish that info.

No one else put a 2nd round pick on Gordon, so far no release on who else put out bids. Schefty, the man who knows most all, may get some more info later.

Schefter also noted that the Browns were the only team to submit a second-round pick for Gordon. That means that a third-round pick would have likely landed him. But the Browns had to submit a claim based on what they thought Gordon was worth and what other teams might do.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1256 ... ntal-draft

Return to General Manager's Office