Free Agent Thread

Want to play GM? Think the Redskins should sign a free agent or trade for someone? Speculation / rumors / trade possibilities / fantasy football / mock drafts - Do it here!
Hog

Postby ACW » Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:34 pm

MAN I wish we head the cap space...I'd LOVE to get Charles Woodson.
DMV Born,
DMV Bred,
When I Die I'll Be
DMV Dead.

Hognostications 2012-2013 Co-Champion (and Playoff Champion)

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:05 pm

DarthMonk wrote:Any chance we go after Tavaris Jackson as a cheap, talented, and fast backup who'd be dangerous in the pistol?

Nope
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:01 pm

The Hogster wrote:Dwayne Bowe - WR Upgrade over Josh Morgan
Brent Grimes - CB Upgrade over Cedric Griffin
Glenn Dorsey - DL (3-4 DE) Upgrade over Kedric Golston

We have a good team. We just lack a few players at key positions who can change a few games. I'm counting on Tanard Jackson and Brandon Merriweather manning both safety spots.

If not, I'd add William Moore - S ATL

scratch Bowe off the 'wish' list - he's staying at KC

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/eye-o ... den-albert
The Redskins need to change to improve - we need a better GM and we need to do a better job of who we bring in to coach and play here - players and coaches need to be held accountable when they do not do their jobs well

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:08 am

I want to see Josh playing healthy before he's written off. Even with his injuries, he still led the team in receptions.

Plus it was his first year in the offense. I think we gotta cut this guy some slack.

But I get for the money he's getting, people expect more... The thing is, he was given that money while injured/recovering. Now that he'll finally be 100%, he could ball out.

I think what we're forgetting here is that, he's a helluva run blocker. If you insert Bowe or Player X, is there a drop off? How many holding calls did Josh have this year? Are we looking at his complete body of work, because I don't think he gets credit where it's due.

WR's are a huge part of this run game. They're a huge reason why Morris had a banner year.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:06 am

Chris Luva Luva wrote:

I want to see Josh playing healthy before he's written off. Even with his injuries, he still led the team in receptions.

Plus it was his first year in the offense. I think we gotta cut this guy some slack.

But I get it ... for the money he's getting, people expect more... The thing is, he was given that money while injured/recovering. Now that he'll finally be 100%, he could ball out.

I think what we're forgetting here is that, he's a helluva run blocker. If you insert Bowe or Player X, is there a drop off? How many holding calls did Josh have this year? Are we looking at his complete body of work, because I don't think he gets credit where it's due.

WR's are a huge part of this run game. They're a huge reason why Morris had a banner year.

that ^^ .... is a very constructive post - well done CLL
The Redskins need to change to improve - we need a better GM and we need to do a better job of who we bring in to coach and play here - players and coaches need to be held accountable when they do not do their jobs well

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:47 pm

How about Vince Young for some camp fodder?
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:56 pm

DarthMonk wrote:How about Vince Young for some camp fodder?

Why? Do you, as a fan, have a need to be flipped off by a player?
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:49 pm

we have 3 QBs and managed to win the NFC East with them

we do have a number of issues but we do not need another QB at this time

I'm sure we'll see a couple of QBs in camp but the 3 we had last season will be fine

The offense here is going to continue to evolve and I don't see Vince Young or T Jackson as being 'suitable' for what we will be doing here AT ALL :lol:

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:08 am

Countertrey wrote:

Fill me in on this one, please. :hmm:

Hey SJ - I know we have 3 QBs but one is on the mend and the other is named Rex and I don't think he's under contract. BTW - I'm not lobbying for VY.

I bet we draft a QB or at least bring another one in.

... and yes, CLL, Josh Morgan is a good receiver and a terrific run blocker. I can remember him springing Griff for a TD on the edge against Dallas and he did that more than once.

EDIT: Just found this ~

How did Vince Young go broke after earning $26 million in six years of professional football? Cars? Trips? Houses? Women?

As Clay Travis details, the former Tennessee Titans quarterback had a more lowbrow, deep-fried road to the poorhouse: He spent thousands of dollars per week at chain restaurants.

Folks in the Nashville area helped piece together Young's squandered wealth during the3HL radio show this week. Among other tales, they report the University of Texas legend spent as much as $5,000 per week at Cheesecake Factory during his rookie season.

Five thousand. Per week. At a place with appetizers for $7.99.

A buddy of mine waited tables at Cheesecake for years. He served a number of famous people and large groups and estimates that the biggest tab he ever saw was $1,400 from a 20-person group. Even if Young brought the entire Titans offense out to eat, getting to $5,000 per week is mind-boggling. It's not like there's $90 steaks and $250 bottles of wine on the menu to help rack up tabs, you know?

Other amazing, hard-to-believe rumors: Young once spent $6,000 in a single sitting at T.G.I. Fridays, he paid a kid $200 to carry his luggage at the airport and he'd do $600 shots of Louis XIII de Remy Martin at Morton's after games. It's the last one that's most appalling. Shooting, rather than sipping, a fine cognac is like putting ketchup on Kobe beef. Or, more appropriately, spending $6,000 at T.G.I. Friday's.

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We want heap more!

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:20 am

Darth - I'd agree that we'll likely see some new faces at QB but I do not think we're making a change here at QB - there's just no need ....

I certainly don't think that any players who are not completely focused on practicing and playing will be a part of Bruce & Mike's group

not many players last very long in the NFL, spending money like that ..... such a waste

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:31 am

DarthMonk wrote:
Countertrey wrote:

After one of his particularly bad games in front of the home crowd VY, gave the fans a ne finger salute as he headed to the locker room
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:03 am

1niksder wrote:
DarthMonk wrote:
Countertrey wrote:

After one of his particularly bad games in front of the home crowd VY, gave the fans a ne finger salute as he headed to the locker room

Ah, yes. That rings a clock ... as Dexter might have said.

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We want heap more!

Hog

Postby fredp45 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:29 am

Qb position...

1) Make sure RGIII is healthy before playing him.

2) Trade Cousins for a couple nice picks, at least a 2nd this year, and maybe a 3rd or 4th next year;

3) Cut Rex. Salary, age, mobiilty all an issue...

4) Sign or draft a QB (late in the draft, e.g., 6th round) that can play this kind of offense. One that gets overlooked becuase of size, experience, etc...a RGIII minnie me, not a slow footed qb like Rex.
AND, here's the bombshell, I know few will agree with me....

5) sign Tebow to a cap friendly deal, once the Jets release him.

Great teammate, can play in short yardage, can play FB...provides Kyle flexibility. Allows us to protect RGIII on obvious short yardage plays.

I'm liking it!!

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:57 pm

DarthMonk wrote:
Countertrey wrote:

Hey SJ - I know we have 3 QBs but one is on the mend and the other is named Rex and I don't think he's under contract. BTW - I'm not lobbying for VY.

I bet we draft a QB or at least bring another one in.

... and yes, CLL, Josh Morgan is a good receiver and a terrific run blocker. I can remember him springing Griff for a TD on the edge against Dallas and he did that more than once.

EDIT: Just found this ~

How did Vince Young go broke after earning $26 million in six years of professional football? Cars? Trips? Houses? Women?

As Clay Travis details, the former Tennessee Titans quarterback had a more lowbrow, deep-fried road to the poorhouse: He spent thousands of dollars per week at chain restaurants.

Folks in the Nashville area helped piece together Young's squandered wealth during the3HL radio show this week. Among other tales, they report the University of Texas legend spent as much as $5,000 per week at Cheesecake Factory during his rookie season.

Five thousand. Per week. At a place with appetizers for $7.99.

A buddy of mine waited tables at Cheesecake for years. He served a number of famous people and large groups and estimates that the biggest tab he ever saw was $1,400 from a 20-person group. Even if Young brought the entire Titans offense out to eat, getting to $5,000 per week is mind-boggling. It's not like there's $90 steaks and $250 bottles of wine on the menu to help rack up tabs, you know?

Other amazing, hard-to-believe rumors: Young once spent $6,000 in a single sitting at T.G.I. Fridays, he paid a kid $200 to carry his luggage at the airport and he'd do $600 shots of Louis XIII de Remy Martin at Morton's after games. It's the last one that's most appalling. Shooting, rather than sipping, a fine cognac is like putting ketchup on Kobe beef. Or, more appropriately, spending $6,000 at T.G.I. Friday's.

Even that money only accounts for $1.5 million. What'd he do with the other $24.5?
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:50 pm

Deadskins wrote:Even that money only accounts for $1.5 million. What'd he do with the other $24.5?

Try this:

www.google.com

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We want heap more!

Return to General Manager's Office