Trade for Revis

Want to play GM? Think the Redskins should sign a free agent or trade for someone? Speculation / rumors / trade possibilities / fantasy football / mock drafts - Do it here!
FanFromAnnapolis

Re: Trade for Revis

Postby Irn-Bru » Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:26 pm

SKINS#1 wrote:Would you consider trading Cousins to the Jets for Revis? If we could work a deal on the contract for Revis, I think it is worth considration.

You mean Revis for Cousins plus a bunch of draft picks, right? Because there is no chance in hell the Jets would take a straight up deal like that.
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:09 pm

Irn-Bru wrote:
SKINS#1 wrote:Would you consider trading Cousins to the Jets for Revis? If we could work a deal on the contract for Revis, I think it is worth considration.

You mean Revis for Cousins plus a bunch of draft picks, right? Because there is no chance in hell the Jets would take a straight up deal like that.

Interesting. I always thought the wrong team got the extra picks when we traded for Portis. I understand why, though. Champ wanted out and a doofus was negotiating for us.

I'm not so sure the Jets wouldn't play straight up. Revis is a headache, he costs a lot, he is only under contract for 1 year, his health is in question, he's aging, and they need a QB.

WE should not consider a straight up deal.
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:28 pm

DarthMonk wrote:WE should not consider a straight up deal.

I agree with that.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Return to General Manager's Office