Kyle needs to go.

Want to play GM? Think the Redskins should sign a free agent or trade for someone? Speculation / rumors / trade possibilities / fantasy football / mock drafts - Do it here!

Kyle needs to go.

Postby jambo100 » Sun Oct 27, 2013 6:38 pm

Really poor offensive play calling by Kyle. He has to go. First half of DB the skins looked like the skins. Running the ball smash mouth style. THen in second half, what does he do? Going for home runs. RGIII looked terrible. We got great RBs that are not given the chance to carry the team to wins. I think Helu/Morris are a great combo under utilized. I guess if daddy is HC, you can be a dumb OC and still keep your job. Kyle sucks. :(

Hog

Postby fredp45 » Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:00 am

Don't worry, Kyle will have some lame-ass excuse about why he had to throw bombs and run those 5-7 drop, slow developing plays -- even though his OLine couldn't hold back a good college dline...

Mike will defend it with -- "it's easy to second guess the play calling, blah, blah, blah.." And yes Mike, it is easy to second guess -- and guess what? It sucked!!!! If he truly believes his son did a good job adjusting in the second half, he's blinded by his relationship with Kyle and that isn't healthy for this team.

Seriously, Kyle almost killed our qb.

After the Broncos scored to make it 21-14 that was the time to eat clock, keep Peyton off the field...run the ball, do naked bootlegs, screen passes, hitches, etc...why long passes, or slow developing plays? Even though we had the lead, they had the momentum and we needed another long drive that gave our defense rest, kept Peyton on the bench, shut the fans up, and kept our qb safe.

I'm not sure I agree Kyle needs to be fired, but Mike sure better talk to him about momentum of the game, resting the D, getting some rythm on offense, short plays...an occassional bomb is absolutly good. Protect the franchise player... Did Peyton throw many deep balls? Nope..

God that was painful to watch. That hit on RGIII by that 335lb fat pig made it very clear, our oline is good at run blocking but NOT pass blocking...SO, quick plays, get rid of the ball quickly, run the ball!

Hog

Postby HTTRRG3ALMO » Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:14 am

So...if Kyle goes who's this Knight in Shinning Armor that's taking his place and solving all of our problems?

08 Champ

Re:

Postby SkinsJock » Sun Nov 03, 2013 5:03 pm

HTTRRG3ALMO wrote:So...if Kyle goes who's this Knight in Shinning Armor that's taking his place and solving all of our problems?

there must be a number of OCs that can better utilize the players we have

Players like Griffin, Morris, Garcon and Reed deserve better
Robert Griffin is a franchise QB - we are very fortunate

The Redskins FO are working hard to add players that fit the short term plan & hopefully ensure a consistently competitive franchise

Hail to the Redskins

DarthMonk

Re: Kyle needs to go.

Postby DarthMonk » Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:40 pm

I think Kyle is a very creative offensive mind. He bases his game plans on the weaknesses of a defense. His schemes create big holes and get guys wide open. I think he's mostly a good play caller. If we executed better we would be saying he is an awesome play caller.

I don't know how great a motivator he is.

I think overall, Kyle is a top notch O.C.

My 2 cents
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Wed Nov 06, 2013 3:18 pm

DarthMonk wrote:I think Kyle is a very creative offensive mind. He bases his game plans on the weaknesses of a defense. His schemes create big holes and get guys wide open. I think he's mostly a good play caller. If we executed better we would be saying he is an awesome play caller.

I don't know how great a motivator he is. I think overall, Kyle is a top notch O.C.

maybe he needs to base his game planning on the strengths of his players :D

look - Kyle is a really good OC - he's just not doing very well so far this season …

Kyle did well for the Texans - now he's got a better QB, a better RB, a better TE and some really good guys that can catch the short, intermediate and long passes

why is this offense not producing more …. maybe because the OC is game planning for the defense he's going to face rather than basing it on the offensive weapons that he has :roll:

The Redskins FO are working hard to add players that fit the short term plan & hopefully ensure a consistently competitive franchise

Hail to the Redskins

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:31 am

SkinsJock wrote:
DarthMonk wrote:I think Kyle is a very creative offensive mind. He bases his game plans on the weaknesses of a defense[/color][/b]. His schemes create big holes and get guys wide open. I think he's mostly a good play caller. If we executed better we would be saying he is an awesome play caller.

I don't know how great a motivator he is. I think overall, Kyle is a top notch O.C.

maybe he needs to base his game planning on the strengths of his players :D

look - Kyle is a really good OC - he's just not doing very well so far this season …

Kyle did well for the Texans - now he's got a better QB, a better RB, a better TE and some really good guys that can catch the short, intermediate and long passes

why is this offense not producing more …. maybe because the OC is game planning for the defense he's going to face rather than basing it on the offensive weapons that he has :roll:

Actually, that is the point. He does not simply ask "What do we do well?" He asks "Where can we hurt them with what we do well?" Then we create large holes in the run game and get guys wide open against mal-positioned defenders.

We are not doing well because we are not executing. We are ignoring wide open guys or missing them when we target them. We are dropping balls when we hit them. I disagree with you on this. No biggie.

#shrug

PS - Play design is not game planning. When an OC DESIGNS plays it makes sense to look at one's own talent. When PUTTING TOGETHER A GAME PLAN, it makes sense to look at opponent weakness in order to choose which plays (that were apparently designed with our talent in mind) to run against that opponent.

Anyone who has watched us since Griff got here should easily see that play design has been adjusted to our strengths. We run stretch with nimble O-Lineman and patient, strong, one-cut runners. We run pistol/read option with RGIII. We send fast guys deep and we run slants and hooks with quick guys, etc. We choose from our playbook when we gameplan. Kyle says he does that based on opponent weakness - which makes sense.

I think Lombardi and Gibbs did it too.

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We want heap more!

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:45 pm

If the game planning and play calling by Kyle are not as effective as they should be, then Kyle needs to make some adjustments

If (as you suggest) he's using schemes that used to work in the past - he needs to come up with plays that work in today's NFL :lol:

the offensive issues are not all on poor execution by the players - that is only part of the problem

Kyle has better weapons this season - things are getting better but he's certainly not had a good first half :lol:

Hail to the Redskins

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:49 pm

I think you're right about 1 thing - Kyle thinks that what he's doing is good …

it's OBVIOUSLY NOT :lol:

maybe these guys that are 'executing' the plays can overcome this weakness :lol:

Hail to the Redskins

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:42 pm

maybe next week Kyle can get some inspiration from the Gibbs and Lombardi playbook

I hope this kid is not here next season …

Hail to the Redskins

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:40 am

SkinsJock wrote:I hope this kid is not here next season …

Dad would have to be gone for that to happen.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:58 pm

Deadskins wrote:
SkinsJock wrote:I hope this kid is not here next season …

Dad would have to be gone for that to happen.

well … I hope that does not happen … I guess the good news is that they'll both be here if they get it in gear before the end of the season :lol:

there are too many things going wrong here with almost the same players & almost the same staff (actually probably a better group) as the team that won the NFC East

these guys are not getting the most out of their staff and the players as they should be

Hail to the Redskins

Postby courier2003 » Sat Nov 09, 2013 12:56 am

From the very beginning, I never agreed with this "family affair" coaching staff. Have you ever heard of the term "nepotism?" It has created too many complications. If the Redskins were playing well and winning games, then it wouldn't be as much of an issue, but they aren't and it is. Mike would never fire his own son. Who are we kidding? Kyle should have stayed in Houston and kept his Offensive Coordinator job with the Texans. This is why many companies don't allow relatives to work together---favoritism. Kyle can continue to call bad plays and make questionable decisions, but his job is still secure b/c Daddy is the Head Coach. Kyle can do no wrong and Mike will continue to defend him regardless. I have a big problem with that.

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Sat Nov 09, 2013 1:28 pm

courier2003 wrote:From the very beginning, I never agreed with this "family affair" coaching staff. Have you ever heard of the term "nepotism?" It has created too many complications. If the Redskins were playing well and winning games, then it wouldn't be as much of an issue, but they aren't and it is. Mike would never fire his own son. Who are we kidding? Kyle should have stayed in Houston and kept his Offensive Coordinator job with the Texans. This is why many companies don't allow relatives to work together---favoritism. Kyle can continue to call bad plays and make questionable decisions, but his job is still secure b/c Daddy is the Head Coach. Kyle can do no wrong and Mike will continue to defend him regardless. I have a big problem with that.

This is the one and only aspect of Kyle that truly bothers me.

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We want heap more!

Hog

Postby markshark84 » Fri Nov 15, 2013 11:32 am

Are people serious?

Do you guys really think KS is the problem?

If a coordinator needs to go it's Haslett.

For the first 4 games of the year KS was calling plays with a gimpy, unconfident QB who was epically afraid of contact.

This team has been averaging 28 ppg over the past 4 weeks --- and this is still with a limited playbook due to the RGIII injury.

Meanwhile our D is averaging 35 points against per game since the break. That is our problem.

IMHO, the DEF vs. OFF line is 23. If our D holds the opponent to 23, they have done their job. If the offense scores more than 23, they have done theirs. So, IMHO our offense is now holding their end of bargin. Our D is still almost 2 touchdowns short of theirs.

KS has been successful in Houston and last year in DC. He's nowhere near the problem. It tough to implement any sort of offense if your QB is putting up a <10 QBR every game. His players were failing him in the beginning of the year. KS was unable to use the full playbook. And even with a limited playbook we are putting up enough points to win.

If KS and Haslett were fired this year, KS would get a job in about 2 days. Haslett would likely have to retire or become a positions coach. I think that is most telling.
RIP Sean Taylor. You will be missed.

Return to General Manager's Office