Crazy thought: Champ Bailey at Free Safety?

Want to play GM? Think the Redskins should sign a free agent or trade for someone? Speculation / rumors / trade possibilities / fantasy football / mock drafts - Do it here!
Hog

Crazy thought: Champ Bailey at Free Safety?

Postby Hooligan » Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:33 am

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nf ... d/6104473/

Bailey is a free agent and considering the switch to safety. He's lost a step or two, but talented corners like him can extend their careers with a switch. I feel like Bailey is the type of corner that would make the conversion better than D. Hall.

I'd like to pick up a career safety to hold down the position for several years, but someone like Champ could be a band-aid for a year or two if nothing pans out. That is, if a completely new staff is appealing enough to get Bailey to come back to Washington.

It's far-fetched, but it's still offseason and I felt like stirring the pot. :twisted:
"Even a stopped clock is right twice a day."

JSPB22

Re: Crazy thought: Champ Bailey at Free Safety?

Postby Deadskins » Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:50 am

Hooligan wrote:http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/broncos/2014/03/05/longtime-cornerback-champ-bailey-released/6104473/

Bailey is a free agent and considering the switch to safety. He's lost a step or two, but talented corners like him can extend their careers with a switch. I feel like Bailey is the type of corner that would make the conversion better than D. Hall.

I'd like to pick up a career safety to hold down the position for several years, but someone like Champ could be a band-aid for a year or two if nothing pans out. That is, if a completely new staff is appealing enough to get Bailey to come back to Washington.

It's far-fetched, but it's still offseason and I felt like stirring the pot. :twisted:

I don't think it's the coaching staff in DC Mrs. Bailey cares about. [-X
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog

Postby emoses14 » Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:54 am

Exactly. Unless he got divorced or can prove to his entree that his side dish is not within 800 miles of the dmv, bailey ain't coming here.
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

swine

Postby masterkwon » Wed Mar 19, 2014 4:38 pm

Yes...crazy thought. Leaving the top of the AFC to go to the cellar of the NFC. That's not the way to end a career.

Return to General Manager's Office