Think the Rams will come calling for Cousins?

Want to play GM? Think the Redskins should sign a free agent or trade for someone? Speculation / rumors / trade possibilities / fantasy football / mock drafts - Do it here!
Hog

Think the Rams will come calling for Cousins?

Postby absinthe1023 » Sun Aug 24, 2014 4:39 pm

Now that it is confirmed that Sam Bradford is out for the year with an ACL injury and the Rams don't have an experienced QB to step in, do they make an offer for Cousins? His stock has to be pretty high based on his preseason performance. What would it take for them to pry him away?
"No one played with more heart."

-Clinton Portis on Sean Taylor

As of 11/27/07, I resolve to never again read any version of the Washington Post.

kazoo

Re: Think the Rams will come calling for Cousins?

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Sun Aug 24, 2014 5:00 pm

absinthe1023 wrote:Now that it is confirmed that Sam Bradford is out for the year with an ACL injury and the Rams don't have an experienced QB to step in, do they make an offer for Cousins? His stock has to be pretty high based on his preseason performance. What would it take for them to pry him away?

Probably not, but it's possible.
Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Proverb: Failure is not falling down. Failure is not getting up again

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Sun Aug 24, 2014 6:59 pm

I hope they do! Just so I can hear people chanting for McCoy the first time we face adversity. .

2nd rounder minimum
Last edited by cowboykillerzRGiii on Tue Aug 26, 2014 2:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

B-rad

Postby brad7686 » Mon Aug 25, 2014 7:23 pm

Maybe since people keep talking Cousins up as if he's actually amazing, we could pull a Kevin Kolb-like fleecing of the Rams. It's all about head games. Andy Reid would have had everyone think Kevin Kolb was the best qb of all time and the Cards bit.
No Pressure, No Diamonds

kazoo

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:08 am

brad7686 wrote:Maybe since people keep talking Cousins up as if he's actually amazing, we could pull a Kevin Kolb-like fleecing of the Rams. It's all about head games. Andy Reid would have had everyone think Kevin Kolb was the best qb of all time and the Cards bit.

You mean he's not amazing? I mean we used a fourth rounder on him, and the Browns offered us a fourth rounder for him after he had two years of experience. I am thinking we did the right thing, after the season, I bet we could get a fourth rounder for him...
Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Proverb: Failure is not falling down. Failure is not getting up again

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Mon Sep 01, 2014 12:17 pm

brad7686 wrote:Maybe since people keep talking Cousins up as if he's actually amazing, we could pull a Kevin Kolb-like fleecing of the Rams. It's all about head games. Andy Reid would have had everyone think Kevin Kolb was the best qb of all time and the Cards bit.

I agree with the Kazoo - maybe after this season we could trade him for a 4th rounder or if we find a stupid GM, he'd give us a 3rd :lol:
Getting our QB back will help a lot but we still have a lot of issues to address

Players and coaches need to believe that they can be successful - they are not playing with that attitude - big changes are coming

HAIL

Currently 50-41

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:05 pm

Bump to bury the Survivor on CBS thread.
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

Return to General Manager's Office