Suh for Orakpo

Want to play GM? Think the Redskins should sign a free agent or trade for someone? Speculation / rumors / trade possibilities / fantasy football / mock drafts - Do it here!
G4L

Suh for Orakpo

Postby Gibbs4Life » Sun Sep 28, 2014 12:28 pm

Skins and Lions are natural trade partners ..two players neither intend to keep..Suh wants out..make the trade!
HAIL

Hog

Re: Suh for Orakpo

Postby Kilmer72 » Sun Sep 28, 2014 12:57 pm

Gibbs4Life wrote:Skins and Lions are natural trade partners ..two players neither intend to keep..Suh wants out..make the trade!

As a Redskin he would be much like Merriweather. Just a hit or two away from suspension or being kicked out permanently.

swine

Postby HogHeaven1983 » Sun Sep 28, 2014 2:13 pm

Orakpo is grossly overrated ... he is just a below average / marginal linebacker that can't rush or sack the QB and can't cover ... he has 0 football instincts ... he basically sucks. Osuckpo is just another in a long line of Redskins wasted #1 draft choices.

Suh at least is a good player ... though he does get kicked out a lot.

But there is no way the lions are trading a decent player for one that sucks

Hog

Postby fabe » Sun Sep 28, 2014 5:16 pm

HogHeaven1983 wrote:Orakpo is grossly overrated ... he is just a below average / marginal linebacker that can't rush or sack the QB and can't cover ... he has 0 football instincts ... he basically sucks. Osuckpo is just another in a long line of Redskins wasted #1 draft choices.

Where were you last year? Orakpo was like the ONLY positive thing about the team last year. Orakpo had a Pro Bowl season by recording 10 sacks and he got a pick six. He CAN rush the passer; that's his best quality. It's not his fault that linemen respect his skills and choose to wrap their forearms around his neck on every play.

He was supposed to get a phat contract this year, but chose to accept the franchise tag so that the team could use that money on other guys. He actually cares about this team's success.

Also, he can't cover? How many linebackers can? Outside linebackers are essentially just pass rushers. The Mike backer (Perry Riley) is the one who usually checks tight ends and running backs.

I doesn't sound like you know what you're talking about, but if you didn't watch any games from last season, then I could maybe understand where your complaints are coming from.

Postby yupchagee » Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:02 am

Gibbs4Life wrote:Skins and Lions are natural trade partners ..two players neither intend to keep..Suh wants out..make the trade!

We don't need a criminal on our team.
Skins fan since '55

"The constitution is not a suicide pact"- Abraham Lincoln

Hog

Postby markshark84 » Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:15 pm

Orakpo is a solid OLB. That said, we do desperately need upgrades at the DL --- although Suh is a liability. Orakpo has had a lackluster 4 games this year, but the season is far from over. I wouldn't trade him or anyone of our starters mid-season.
RIP Sean Taylor. You will be missed.

Hog

Postby StorminMormon86 » Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:51 pm

I don't get the Brian Orakpo hate from our fanbase.

08 Champ
Location: IF you're lucky enough to live in Newport, RI, you're lucky enough

Postby SkinsJock » Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:57 pm

there are far more fans that like Orakpo than don't - and when you look at those that don't and consider from their posts, what type of fans they most likely are ...

I mean - there are a few weirdos in any given large group :lol:

I remember thinking that the IRA was a huge part of the Irish population ....
The Redskins will never be a consistently successful franchise while Dan Snyder is so involved with 'managing'
we may have some success but there's no chance of any consistentency ... NONE!

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:00 pm

StorminMormon86 wrote:I don't get the Brian Orakpo hate from our fanbase.
What makes those two "the fanbase"???
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

Hog

Postby riggofan » Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:22 pm

Countertrey wrote:

lol.

I like Rak, but I still find it hard to judge if he's going to be worth the money he wants or that the franchise tag would cost to keep him. Either way, I'm pretty sure we wouldn't be any better without him!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"You can't do epic **** with basic people." - DJax
"We're on the rise, man, whether you're on the train or not." - Josh Norman

swine

Postby HogHeaven1983 » Mon Sep 29, 2014 6:32 pm

For 10 million dollars a year, a player needs to have the ability to take over a game ... like JJWatt did in week 1.

Opo dissapears for LONG stretches and doesn't have any natural instincts. Kerrigan is 10x the player and has 10x the instincts of Opo.

Hog

Postby emoses14 » Mon Sep 29, 2014 7:23 pm

HogHeaven1983 wrote:For 10 million dollars a year, a player needs to have the ability to take over a game ... like JJWatt did in week 1.

Opo dissapears for LONG stretches and doesn't have any natural instincts. Kerrigan is 10x the player and has 10x the instincts of Opo.

The above post has been flagged for the presence of cocaine.
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

#######

Postby The Hogster » Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:36 pm

Orakpo just hasn't developed an arsenal of moves. Kerrigan leads the NFL in sacks. Maybe that will open things up for Rak. But, I've preferred Kerrigan for going on 3 years now.
SPIT HAPPENS!!

swine

Postby HogHeaven1983 » Tue Sep 30, 2014 4:01 am

The Hogster wrote:Orakpo just hasn't developed an arsenal of moves. Kerrigan leads the NFL in sacks. Maybe that will open things up for Rak. But, I've preferred Kerrigan for going on 3 years now.

Brian Orakpo was drafted in the 1st round of the 2009 draft. Making this his 6th year in the NFL. So if he has not yet "developed an arsenal of moves" after 5.25 NFL seasons, how long do you think it will take? What has he been working on for the past 5+ NFL seasons? I mean don't get me wrong, he looks great in the weight room, but pumping iron doesn't equate to being a good football player.

I sure hope they don't offer him a big money long term contract after this season, keep that powder dry in case a true impact player that is still under 27 comes available in the free agent market (but please no more free agents 30 or older). Ideally they should spend that money on a young pro bowl caliber Offensive Linemen. Our OL needs a lot of help and upgrading. What we dont need is an overrated LB that is only marginal, sucking up 10% of the salary cap.

Hog

Postby StorminMormon86 » Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:32 am

Countertrey wrote:

Do you post over at ExtremeSkins? There is a thread, nearly 100 pages long, that was started last year that is basically a dump on Orakpo thread. Well it's about 50/50.

Return to General Manager's Office