Jameis Winston Going Pro

Want to play GM? Think the Redskins should sign a free agent or trade for someone? Speculation / rumors / trade possibilities / fantasy football / mock drafts - Do it here!
08 Champ
Location: IF you're lucky enough to live in Newport, RI, you're lucky enough

Re: Jameis Winston Going Pro

Postby SkinsJock » Thu Jan 08, 2015 11:26 am

KILO wrote:We don't need this kind of garbage on our team. We need to focus on building a core of offensive linemen and a defensive secondary that is not the worst in the league first. A late round QB to groom should be the focus.

first off - welcome to the site ..

I agree with you and now that we have a guy like Scot running things, the process of building this franchise will almost certainly change

we will soon see if Snyder and Allen are not involved anymore as a plan will be put together and players and coaches will be added that fit what the plan is and not just because of what the stupid owner thinks will 'work' best here ...

despite what some here (+ #47) think the O line is a disaster and the defense has got to be focus points before the QB issue is resolved ...

btw - old Redskins players should just STFU and behave better - you should be proud to have been able to wear the B&G
The Redskins will never be a consistently successful franchise while Dan Snyder is so involved with 'managing'
we may have some success but there's no chance of any consistentency ... NONE!

Postby TrueRedskin11 » Thu Jan 08, 2015 4:29 pm

MarkShark,
If you want to google my coach or whoever go ahead. Whatever names you want I will email them to you. Never got on this board to boast about connections, you brought this up and made it a big deal. I brought the topic of Jameis Winston for people on here to consider and discuss considering our lack of QB play. BUT You slammed everything I said right off the bat. Calling everything I said into question and calling these people imaginary, which I think was childish. I have been on this board reading posts for years. Decided I would join the discussions, because everyone seemed to be mature and decent people. Everyone on this board except for you, posts appropriate an sensible posts. So yes I wrote a appropriate response to you calling me out over things you do not know, for whatever reason. I did not get on here to slam other peoples opinions. You turned this into something ridiculous. If you got better things to do WHY did you take the time to reply and HATE on my post in the first place??? I did not get on here to have a childish argument with you. So if you got better things to do then quit taking the time to slam other peoples topics of discussion. I think everyone would appreciate that.
Last edited by TrueRedskin11 on Thu Jan 08, 2015 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby TrueRedskin11 » Thu Jan 08, 2015 4:31 pm

http://espn.go.com/blog/washington-redskins/

Here's what ESPN draft analyst Todd McShay said about Winston on a conference call Tuesday:

"He picks up football concepts quickly. He knows how to go through progression reads. He's comfortable in the pocket and can manipulate the pocket. He feels pressure coming. He's not the quickest QB, but he's mobile enough and strong enough to extend plays with his feet. He anticipates throws as well as any quarterback in the last couple drafts in terms of being inside the pocket."

"The funny thing about Jameis Winston is that he's a better fit for what the Washington Redskins want to do in the pass game. He has size, a strong arm and knows how to operate in the pocket -- all qualities prized by coach Jay Gruden. Griffin's SHORTCOMINGS are Winston's strengths. "

Hog

Postby Prowl33 » Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:19 pm

Ill end this thread with this...

I dont care what QB is available... our team does not need to ruin another rookie QB. Fix the o line and defense so ourqb doesnt get beat on and put in bad field position every time he gets the ball... THEN we can do whatever with a qb.

All we do is waste high round picks to draft qbs to get obliterated physically...and obliterate their confidence as part of it.

tribe
Location: SURF CITY, HB, CALI *** Occasionally flying into a SUPERNOVA

Postby tribeofjudah » Thu Jan 08, 2015 9:20 pm

TrueRedskin11 wrote:MarkShark,
If you want to google my coach or whoever go ahead. Whatever names you want I will email them to you. Never got on this board to boast about connections, you brought this up and made it a big deal. I brought the topic of Jameis Winston for people on here to consider and discuss considering our lack of QB play. BUT You slammed everything I said right off the bat. Calling everything I said into question and calling these people imaginary, which I think was childish. I have been on this board reading posts for years. Decided I would join the discussions, because everyone seemed to be mature and decent people. Everyone on this board except for you, posts appropriate an sensible posts. So yes I wrote a appropriate response to you calling me out over things you do not know, for whatever reason. I did not get on here to slam other peoples opinions. You turned this into something ridiculous. If you got better things to do WHY did you take the time to reply and HATE on my post in the first place??? I did not get on here to have a childish argument with you. So if you got better things to do then quit taking the time to slam other peoples topics of discussion. I think everyone would appreciate that.

Boys, boys? Calm the heck down. Can we join hands and sing Kum Bah Yah now...? Come, I'll play the guitar.

Skin11, welcome to the boards.
Proverbs 27:17 As iron sharpens iron,
so one person sharpens another.

Postby TrueRedskin11 » Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:36 pm

Boys, boys? Calm the heck down. Can we join hands and sing Kum Bah Yah now...? Come, I'll play the guitar.

Skin11, welcome to the boards.[/quote]

TribeofJudah,

Thanks! glad to be on here. Been reading your guys post for years. This is my favorite site/board for Redskins news. You guys do a good job with the site.

tribe
Location: SURF CITY, HB, CALI *** Occasionally flying into a SUPERNOVA

Postby tribeofjudah » Sat Jan 10, 2015 3:36 pm

Skins11, I take no credit for this site. Its all Boss Hog.

Glad u joined us here.
Proverbs 27:17 As iron sharpens iron,
so one person sharpens another.

08 Champ
Location: IF you're lucky enough to live in Newport, RI, you're lucky enough

Postby SkinsJock » Sat Feb 07, 2015 12:23 pm

I understand the reasoning behind the decision for the Bucs to take Winston, I just don't agree that he will prove to be as valuable a QB as Mariota - I'm sure both will be prepared well and I'm sure Winston's going to be good, I just think Mariota will be better
The Redskins will never be a consistently successful franchise while Dan Snyder is so involved with 'managing'
we may have some success but there's no chance of any consistentency ... NONE!

Return to General Manager's Office