2015 THNFF !!

Want to play GM? Think the Redskins should sign a free agent or trade for someone? Speculation / rumors / trade possibilities / fantasy football / mock drafts - Do it here!
CKRGiii

Re: 2015 THNFF !!

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Sat Oct 24, 2015 12:38 am

Some big games this week! Good luck LPJ, I hope I put together a fighting chance this week sOb
#21 forever in our hearts
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Tue Oct 27, 2015 4:22 pm

cowboykillerzRGiii wrote:Some big games this week! Good luck LPJ, I hope I put together a fighting chance this week sOb

LOL.. It was a close game man, congratulations.. I can't even hate bro, it was down to the wire for real.
Hog Bowl Champions
'09 langleyparkjoe, '10 Cappster, '11 & '13 DarthMonk,
'12 Deadskins, '14 PickSixerTWSS, '15 APEX PREDATOR, '16 vwoodzpusha

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Tue Oct 27, 2015 4:26 pm

Week 7 Results

Week 8 Standings

Week 8 Schedule

Congrats to all the winners and for the losers... I really have no words this time. :mrgreen:
Hog Bowl Champions

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:35 am

langleyparkjoe wrote:Week 7 Results

I hope you're prepared to repost these results when the Washington DEF gets credit for recovering the onside kick, and the W goes to me. :twisted:
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Wed Oct 28, 2015 12:06 pm

LOL.

I sure will bro.. you already know it
Hog Bowl Champions

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Wed Nov 18, 2015 7:12 pm

It's gonna be hard to go far with the injuries and my current squad... Still better then last year annnd *Clenched!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Tue Dec 01, 2015 3:00 am

Regular Season Champs don't get any bragging rights?!? I'm pumped up, but fearfully skeptical of my chances in the playoffs.

This league is by far one of the more active, and hardest leagues I'm in. Good players are snagged immediately, waiver wire is slim pickings, sleepers on the Skins must be drafted, and this is the onky IDP League I'm in...

Good $hit y'all, and as always F yo squad foo!!*

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Tue Dec 01, 2015 9:33 pm

Nice win over me this week. There seems to be a lot of luck in match-ups. Not complaining. I've had more than my share over the years. Anyway ...

What If

If CowboyKillaz- CKR played Laughing Hyenas every week, they'd be 5-7 this season.

If CowboyKillaz- CKR had played every team in the league each week, they would be 102-54.

Timing really is everything. CowboyKillaz- CKR would have lost to Laughing Hyenas 135.98 - 82.20 had they played each other last week.

Laughing Hyenas would be 103-53 if they played every team every week.

Laughing Hyenas (6-6, 1,996.39 points) drops to sixth place and CowboyKillaz- CKR (10-2, 1,973.73 points) remains in first place.

I lead the league in points against.

I think I'll get in at 6-7 even if I lose this week. Hope we play again.

Good luck moving forward. :up:
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013, 2016)

Hognostibowl XII Champion (2017)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Tue Dec 01, 2015 9:34 pm

We need something to counter biggest blowout.

How about smallest pubing ?

LTI took it hard last night.

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We want heap more!

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Wed Dec 02, 2015 2:03 am

DarthMonk wrote:Nice win over me this week. There seems to be a lot of luck in match-ups. Not complaining. I've had more than my share over the years. Anyway ...

What If

If CowboyKillaz- CKR played Laughing Hyenas every week, they'd be 5-7 this season.

If CowboyKillaz- CKR had played every team in the league each week, they would be 102-54.

Timing really is everything. CowboyKillaz- CKR would have lost to Laughing Hyenas 135.98 - 82.20 had they played each other last week.

Laughing Hyenas would be 103-53 if they played every team every week.

Laughing Hyenas (6-6, 1,996.39 points) drops to sixth place and CowboyKillaz- CKR (10-2, 1,973.73 points) remains in first place.

I lead the league in points against.

I think I'll get in at 6-7 even if I lose this week. Hope we play again.

Good luck moving forward. :up:

I welcome it!

I don't really see how those "what ifs" account for player acquisitions and the choices of who to start or sit... While we have super close "points for" I've also left MANY points on the bench- doubt that is factored in too.

Accounting for matchups, week in and week out, is kind of the whole point isn't it?? I think you're much better then your record suggests, but I won't discredit mine as dumb luck either [-X

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Wed Dec 02, 2015 7:21 am

cowboykillerzRGiii wrote:I don't really see how those "what ifs" account for player acquisitions and the choices of who to start or sit...

I do.

cowboykillerzRGiii wrote:Accounting for matchups, week in and week out, is kind of the whole point isn't it??

If you are talking about whom your fantasy players are facing on the field - yes. But if you are talking about your fantasy matchup in THN - what manager you are facing - then no - it's not "kind of the whole point" at all.

Do you pick up guys based on your THN fantasy opponent or based on what your squad needs, what's available, and whom they are facing on the field?

Do your pick ups usually affect how much your opponent scores on you? Have you been making blocking moves every week to limit your opponents ability to score?

I have 300 more points against than LTI. Does that really have anything to do with roster moves he made?

Like I said I'm not complaining and I've had more than my fair share of good luck. You should see my first two playoff wins last year - I could not have been luckier. You can also see that we have virtually identical stats except for our records. I attribute that to the luck of the draw. I lost two times when I put up 190. Happens.

BTW - I too have left tons of points on the bench.

Not sure why you are wagging your finger.

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We want heap more!

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Thu Dec 03, 2015 4:07 am

Sorry for your bad luck man... Boy am I the luckiest!

Wow

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Thu Dec 03, 2015 4:32 am

The individual matchups of course..

I've noticed people who make too many moves, or not enough moves have poor records...

Maybe your indecisiveness or over thinking cost you some Wins... Not the lack of a four leaf clover?

Lmmfao I don't feel like bickering bro I'm done

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Thu Dec 03, 2015 8:33 am

cowboykillerzRGiii wrote:The individual matchups of course..

I've noticed people who make too many moves, or not enough moves have poor records...

Maybe your indecisiveness or over thinking cost you some Wins... Not the lack of a four leaf clover?

Lmmfao I don't feel like bickering bro I'm done

Hey - I just figured out why you wagged your finger ... it's fun !!

Anyway, I've always checked things out after a match-up is over and no moves/non-moves have cost me yet.

FWIW, the "what if" of being roughly 100-50 if we played every team every week means we "should be" 8-4. So 6-6 vs 10-2 is just a swing of two games in each direction - nothing unusual about that in a 12 game sample. I've just been a little unlucky and you've just been a little less unlucky. No biggie. I'm just glad I'll be playing in week 14 - as long as a few guys don't outscore me by 200 this week !!

Peace.

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We want heap more!

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Thu Dec 03, 2015 10:36 am

Good luck bro, even with a loss I'll be the regular season champ... Among some of the better FF players I've played with; that's a pretty big accomplishment in my eyes.

Talking about the draft and injuries and what if I picked up Manzel, is just a silly waste of time. Even the number you provided, can't possibly be accurate when everyones starting lineup changes every week.

I could be 12-0; but what if I lose to the lowest seed? When you get down to it you can write off every bit of football as luck, one way or the other.

We both know a little more goes on then that.

I said your team is better then your record indicates... I also see us tied in the Hognosticstions... But what if I made all of the Thursday games picks? Lol

I've spent much to many hours on my phone and watching football... To chalk up all of my success to dumb luck.

Being pretty good yourself, you understand the hours we've put in to this sport this year, and it just seems like a cop out. You don't have to pat me on the back or anything, but you can thank me for shutting up PotRoaster! Lmmfao :twisted:

Return to General Manager's Office