2015 THNFF !!

Want to play GM? Think the Redskins should sign a free agent or trade for someone? Speculation / rumors / trade possibilities / fantasy football / mock drafts - Do it here!
DarthMonk

Re: 2015 THNFF !!

Postby DarthMonk » Mon Dec 28, 2015 9:54 am

Hey LPJ:

Did you lock rosters after the semifinals? It looks like adds were made by people week who were not in the finals. Just wondering.
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013, 2016)

Hognostibowl XII Champion (2017)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

tribe
Location: SURF CITY, HB, CALI *** Occasionally flying into a SUPERNOVA

Postby tribeofjudah » Tue Dec 29, 2015 1:16 am

Well, I've been silent through this whole thing cuz I never want to jinx myself................so, is it done? Is the coast clear?

I'm kinda glad that the Vikes sat down Peterson, or he would have put up bigger numbers then I woulda been *sh$t* bricks.
And Ted Ginn laid a 1.40 for me (you piece of shiite)

Funny cuz I was rated with a Grade C ...............in September for how poorly I drafted.

So with that...............y'alls can EAT MY DUST............!!!

avatar APEX PREDATOR Draft Report Card
C
Grade
Recap

Draft Results

Despite a Set of Beast RBs, APEX PREDATOR Should Have Hired an Expert

Draft Summary
Someone get Chip Kelly on the line because it's time to make moves. Projected to finish 11th in THN Football League with a record of 4-9-0 (2,289 points), APEX PREDATOR will have to get creative if they want to reach the postseason. They went after guys who can tote the rock with their early picks, using three of their first five picks to scoop up RBs DeMarco Murray (second round), Mark Ingram (third round), and Andre Ellington (fourth round). They have the highest-scoring TE pair in the league, as they have Rob Gronkowski and Coby Fleener on their team.

We're not mad. We're just disappointed. Go nominate yourself for the Toyota Hall Of Fame to make it up to us.

Schedule
While Week 8 has the most players on bye for APEX PREDATOR (four), Week 4 is actually projected to have the team's highest number of idle fantasy points. Taking a look at the entire season from start to finish, they have a more-difficult-than-average schedule. Along with the fifth-most grueling overall schedule, both the first four games and last four games of the season are pretty average for APEX PREDATOR.

Draft Notes
Positional Fortitude
APEX PREDATOR has four positions that are better than league average. While RB, QB, and K are projected to be good, TE is the strongest on APEX PREDATOR.

Close to the Vest
APEX PREDATOR was focused on a squad with minimal risk, grabbing eight "low-risk" players out of 19 picks.

Going Out with a Whimper
APEX PREDATOR didn't end the night the way they might have liked, winding up with the fewest projected points in the league over the second half of the draft.

A Pair of Proven Winners
APEX PREDATOR has a couple of fantasy MVPs in their lineup. Last season, two of their players (Rob Gronkowski and DeMarco Murray) finished among the top-20 players that were on the most first-place fantasy teams.

Potent Potential
Victor Cruz and Malcolm Butler are a couple of late-round fliers with decent upside for APEX PREDATOR.

The Heist Is On
The other league managers passed over a diamond in the rough. According to ADP, APEX PREDATOR got a steal in snatching Marques Colston in the 11th round (152nd overall pick vs. ADP of 109.5).

Proverbs 27:17 As iron sharpens iron,
so one person sharpens another.

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Tue Dec 29, 2015 8:33 am

Congratulations Tribe. It's funny how things work out. I had the drafts for my two leagues on consecutive nights, and drafted many of the same players (the big difference being QB. Luck in THNFF, and Brees in the other, because Luck was taken by the guy before me). I tanked in THNFF, losing several games solely because of the matchup (including when I played you), while in my other league, I lost my first three games, then only once more. Last night, I won the Championship game by over 130 points (I started Cousins over Brees). I also had the highest points for in that league by more than 300. I made the fewest roster moves, but when I did make one, it paid off in spades. I'd pick up a FA for the week and he would pump out the most points all season. I started that league, of old college buddies, over 10 years ago, and this was the first time I've won, so I was really pumped. Anyway, great job this season. We now have a new name to join the ranks of THNFF champions in LPJ's sig line.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

tribe

Postby tribeofjudah » Tue Dec 29, 2015 9:23 am

Thanks Deadskin. Glad to hear you won your college FF league.

For THNFF, I was pick 12 of 14. I did some homework but was left with Gronk as my #1 pick. Then after 3 RBs etc......I looked at round 5 and there was Tom Brady, still sitting there. I snatched him up and did well most of the season with the Brady to Gronk combo.

That's the real deal when you can "double dip" with the QB to Receiver combo.... (it's not a secret anymore.....hahaha)

Thanks everyone for a good run. The 2 that really struck FEAR in me was Cowboy Killerz and Pot Roasted.....

Do I get a trophy? (virtual trophy?) Maybe next season we can ALL put in $50 and make it fun....(or is that gambling, not allowed on THN?)

HTTR

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Tue Dec 29, 2015 9:50 am

APEX:

I thought you drafted a solid core - Gronk, Ingram, Allen, Brady, Denver - then made great managing decisions all year and especially down the stretch. White, Jennings, and Baldwin were HUGE! I know you got 2 of those guys right before I tried. Pot Roasted kicked my ass the same way - beat me to 3 or 4 key guys by a minute or two.

I know you don't wanna hear about any of my BS so I won't bother - except to say why the hell did I bench 2 studs against you in the playoffs??

This league was tougher than ever and you beat us all. You were the best all year and deserved it. Well done.
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013, 2016)

Hognostibowl XII Champion (2017)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

Hog

Postby Skins Fan in Indy » Tue Dec 29, 2015 10:00 am

Congrats Tribe!!!! =D>

It was a good season for the most part, so I will regroup, research and prepare for next year :wink:

tribe

Postby tribeofjudah » Tue Dec 29, 2015 7:57 pm

DarthMonk wrote:APEX:

I thought you drafted a solid core - Gronk, Ingram, Allen, Brady, Denver - then made great managing decisions all year and especially down the stretch. White, Jennings, and Baldwin were HUGE! I know you got 2 of those guys right before I tried. Pot Roasted kicked my ass the same way - beat me to 3 or 4 key guys by a minute or two.

I know you don't wanna hear about any of my BS so I won't bother - except to say why the hell did I bench 2 studs against you in the playoffs??

This league was tougher than ever and you beat us all. You were the best all year and deserved it. Well done.

I knew who my studs were and I kept them. The bums were: Demarco Murray, Ingram was a stud (until IR), Ellington fizzled out. I had to work the waiver and FA wires. Baldwin was getting HOT and I snatched him up.

Got lucky on Allen Robinson cuz I didn't even know WHO that guys was......but he was rated high in 5th round.

I kept 7 of 19 original players (36%)

HTTR

tribe

Postby tribeofjudah » Tue Dec 29, 2015 7:58 pm

Skins Fan in Indy wrote:Congrats Tribe!!!! =D>

It was a good season for the most part, so I will regroup, research and prepare for next year :wink:

What's your team name? Which one are you....?

Hog

Postby Skins Fan in Indy » Wed Dec 30, 2015 9:04 am

tribeofjudah wrote:
Skins Fan in Indy wrote:Congrats Tribe!!!! =D>

What's your team name? Which one are you....?

Diesel and Gas was my team this year.

tribe

Postby tribeofjudah » Sat Jan 02, 2016 8:30 pm

LPJ..... I think you now should ADD me as a Hog Bowl winner 2015 down at your signature.

HTTR

tribe

Postby tribeofjudah » Sat Jan 02, 2016 8:43 pm

DarthMonk wrote:APEX:

Thanks DarthMonk.....coming from a 4x Champion, that means alot.

I was simply tired of my players NOT producing. I would scour the wire or FA to get better WR, RB, and defensive players. Then when someone would be out on injury or played piss poor for 2-3 weeks...........they were CUT.

I so badly wanted to CUT Demarco Murray, but I simply benched him instead.

A little bit of Luck, a bit of planning, a bit of praying that my opponents would tank.................. that's what it took to get on TOP.

Thanks for the great run, until next season....!!!

HTTR

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:53 am

My good people at THN.. I am proud to add a new name to that elite list of Hog Bowl champions..

APEX PREDATOR.. Aka.. "tribeofjudah"

=D> As commish of THNFF, I really do enjoy seeing new champions come out of the league. Apex isn't a rookie and he showed it this year by staying competitive and having management skills only rivaled to our very own Scot McCloughan. My friend it's an honor to add you to my signature of champions as the Hog Bowl VII winner!!! This year I'm sure it's an even better feeling as our boys go marching into the playoffs.. Apex, may your victory here bring us good luck on the field into the playoffs.

HAIL TO THE REDSKINS AND AS ALWAYS.. F*** dallass! :mrgreen:
Hog Bowl Champions
'09 langleyparkjoe, '10 Cappster, '11 & '13 DarthMonk,
'12 Deadskins, '14 PickSixerTWSS, '15 APEX PREDATOR, '16 vwoodzpusha

Hog

Postby Skins Fan in Indy » Mon Jan 04, 2016 10:11 am

Congrats again Tribe!!!

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Sat Jan 09, 2016 3:54 am

Waaaay to go Tribe!!! You're a Boss man, well deserved CHAMP!!

Imho this is a TOUGH FF league... Not only sober have a group that know entirely way to much about players not on our team, but you sonamubiches are ON it! Daaamn, even the up and coming no namers get snipped just before you can grab em. You have to hit that wire EARLY AF!!!
*your squad gave me nightmares!! BwaaHahaaa

-LPJ for giggles how'd the standings pan out for us losers?

All HAIL the CHAMP!!! Tribe of Judah! You da MAN!
#21 forever in our hearts
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

08 Champ
Location: IF you're lucky enough to live in Newport RI, you're lucky enough

Postby SkinsJock » Sat Jan 16, 2016 6:10 pm

HEY ckRGiii - what's up - how do you not post your picks on time - if you don't want to play you should have let Deadskins know and B&GF could have played this week

not good
The Redskins have been a huge disappointment since 1999 - it's not getting better until Dan Snyder stops interfering
give people the authority to do their jobs and support them
'Happy Xmas, you're fired Bruce Allen' would be a good start

Return to General Manager's Office