Wizards take Nick Young, Domonic McGuire in NBA draft

Washington Capitals, Washington Nationals, Washington Wizards, Washington Mystics, and D.C. United... all go here!
Hog

Wizards take Nick Young, Domonic McGuire in NBA draft

Postby Skins2daGrave » Fri Jun 29, 2007 1:47 pm

man im lovin the nick young pick, and im also hearing the McGuire kid is a beast defensive player, he averaged 3.6 blocks a game and had 2 triple doubles in college last season, he was expected to be a 1st rounder and we got him in the 2nd. Ernie Grunfield is a great GM :D
16 Ounce Bottle Of Coke: $2
3 Bags Of Chips: $8
40" Plasma Screen TV: $2000
Watching the Cowgirls get beaten in Dallas with 2 4th Quarter TD passes to Santana Moss: Priceless

Hog

Postby BernieSki » Fri Jun 29, 2007 2:38 pm

The Wizards need to find a way to get a big man. As far as Nick Young it looks like he could give them some needed bench points, a catagory that the Wizards finished last in this past year. I still think that one of the big men will be traded probally Haywood. I agree that Grunfeld is a damm good GM, something the Redskins could learn from.
BernSki

The Evil Straw

Postby Fios » Fri Jun 29, 2007 2:58 pm

The question is: who wants Haywood? The Wiz aren't going to get much for him, they'd be better served trying to move Jamison
RIP Sean Taylor

----------

Postby Steve Spurrier III » Fri Jun 29, 2007 3:07 pm

Fios wrote:The question is: who wants Haywood? The Wiz aren't going to get much for him, they'd be better served trying to move Jamison

There is always a market for relatively young, relatively cheap seven-footers. I just don't think they'll be able to get decent value out of Jamison with his contract.

The Wizards need a true presence down low, and since there don't seem to be any options available, they'll just try to continue running people off the court by adding even more scoring potential in Nick Young (who should be an instant upgrade over Jarvis Hayes). And even though that won't win them an NBA Championship, they could easily contend for an Eastern Conference Championship.

Considering we only had the sixteenth pick, I think the Wizards got fantastic value. I'd let Ernie Grunfeld run the Redskins in a heartbeat.
I'm bored, I'm broke, and I'm back.

Junior Hog

Postby Jake » Fri Jun 29, 2007 3:35 pm

They need to win this season because when Gilbert leaves, none of these moves will matter.
RIP Sean Taylor 1983-2007
RIP Kevin Mitchell 1971-2007
RIP Justin Skaggs 1979-2007
RIP Sammy Baugh 1914-2008

RIP JPFair
RIP VetSkinsFan

#60 Chris Samuels: 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time Pro Bowl left tackle!

The Evil Straw

Postby Fios » Fri Jun 29, 2007 9:09 pm

Jake wrote:They need to win this season because when Gilbert leaves, none of these moves will matter.

Gilbert isn't leaving
RIP Sean Taylor

Hog

Postby ChocolateMilk » Sat Jun 30, 2007 12:13 am

what they need to do.. is some how, some way draft roy hibbert next year. i was hoping they'd make a move for him this year but he pulled out of the draft. its the perfect fit for them. a 7'2 LOCAL guy who is known for his defense. we must do what ever we can to get him next year
R.I.P. Sean Taylor

You will be missed, but never forgotten

Hog

Postby skinsfano28 » Sat Jun 30, 2007 12:22 am

the word is that Haywood or Thomas will go, and since Thomas fits more into what Eddie J wants to do with his offense and his defense, Haywood is the odd man out.

Gilbert Arenas is not leaving. He will test the free-agent waters, yes, but the Wizards will not let him leave. He is the best thing that has happened to the Wizards in the last 20 years, and there is no way Grunfeld, the guru GM, will not put up max numbers for the man who puts up, well, max numbers.

I like the way this is shaking out for the wizards. My question is, whatever happened to that Spanish player they drafted a few years ago? Is he ever going to come and actually play for the Wiz, or is he just going to stay in Spain and play ball over there?
Sean, may you always rest in peace and look down on us with the same love that we look up to you.

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog

Postby Skins2daGrave » Sat Jun 30, 2007 11:27 am

Juan Carlos Navarro? well, there have been talks of him coming over this season, but i dont think the Wizards want to buy out his contract so it probably wont happen
16 Ounce Bottle Of Coke: $2
3 Bags Of Chips: $8
40" Plasma Screen TV: $2000
Watching the Cowgirls get beaten in Dallas with 2 4th Quarter TD passes to Santana Moss: Priceless

Return to Washington Sports Teams