Capitals Host Hockey ’n Heels, Monday, Feb. 25

Washington Capitals, Washington Nationals, Washington Wizards, Washington Mystics, and D.C. United... all go here!
and Jackson

Capitals Host Hockey ’n Heels, Monday, Feb. 25

Postby JansenFan » Wed Feb 06, 2008 10:10 am

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE – February 4, 2008

Capitals Host Hockey ’n Heels, Presented by Clyde’s of Gallery Place, Monday, Feb. 25
Second-annual event introduces hockey to female audience at Verizon Center
ARLINGTON, VA. –The Washington Capitals have teamed up with Clyde’s of Gallery Place, Comcast SportsNet and MIX 107.3 to host Hockey ’n Heels on Monday, Feb. 25, from 6:15-10 p.m. at Verizon Center. The second-annual event features instructional lessons, games and prizes targeted toward the Capitals’ female audience. Last year’s Hockey ’n Heels sold out in less than a week, with more than 250 fans in attendance.

The night begins with sessions that will help introduce fans to hockey fundamentals, rules and equipment, as well as make them familiar with the basic skills of the game. A locker room tour, on-ice demonstration and a question-and-answer session with Capitals’ wives makes for a fun and exciting evening.

Members of the Caps coaching staff and broadcast team will also be in attendance at the event, alongside Comcast SportNet on-air personalities and MIX 107.3’s Chilli Amar. The night’s festivities wrap-up when Caps players host a mix-and-mingle cocktail party, featuring signature drinks and specialty hors d’oeuvres at Clyde’s of Gallery Place.

Fans attending Hockey’n Heels will receive special gifts and have the opportunity to win prizes including spa and restaurant gift certificates, as well as autographed Caps items. Each person in attendance will also receive one ticket to the Capitals game against the Toronto Maple Leafs on Saturday, March 1.

Fans interested in attending Hockey’n Heels may purchase tickets by visiting the team’s website at WashingtonCaps.com beginning at 10 a.m. Tuesday, Feb. 5. Tickets for this year’s event are $75 each and include the March 1 game ticket.
RIP 21

"Nah, I trust the laws of nature to stay constant. I don't pray that the sun will rise tomorrow, and I don't need to pray that someone will beat the Cowboys in the playoffs." - Irn-Bru

Return to Washington Sports Teams