COMCAST SPORTSNET INTRODUCES "OVECHKAM"

Washington Capitals, Washington Nationals, Washington Wizards, Washington Mystics, and D.C. United... all go here!
and Jackson

COMCAST SPORTSNET INTRODUCES "OVECHKAM"

Postby JansenFan » Wed Mar 05, 2008 3:59 pm

SO VIEWERS CAN KEEP UP WITH THE NHL’S LEADING SCORER

Special CSN+ Broadcast Accompanying Regular Game Telecast Features Dedicated View of Capitals Left Wing Alex Ovechkin Throughout March 12 Game Vs. Calgary

Bethesda, MD (March 5, 2008) – Comcast SportsNet Mid-Atlantic, the leader in local sports television, will unveil its latest innovation, the “OvechKam,” when the Capitals host the Calgary Flames on Wednesday, March 12.

This unique broadcast, which will be available on CSN+ and replayed on Comcast On Demand, will feature a dedicated view that follows Capitals left wing Alex Ovechkin throughout the entire game, providing viewers with an unprecedented look at the most prolific player in the NHL today.

Ovechkin ranks first in the NHL in points, goals, points per game, and is tied for first in game winning goals, and the “OvechKam” will enable viewers to study the All-Star’s every move, his reactions and all of his goals, up close and personal. Ovechkin recently made history on March 3 netting his 50th goal of the season in the same game in which he recorded a hat trick, joining only Wayne Gretzky on that list.

Comcast SportsNet senior vice president and general manager Rebecca Schulte said, “Alex Ovechkin is the hottest thing on ice today, and as the home of the Caps, we’re pleased to debut this innovation so our viewers don’t miss a moment of the action.”

The CSN+ broadcast will use a split screen so viewers are able to watch the “OvechKam” and regular game broadcast simultaneously. Comcast SportsNet’s primary channel will air the Capitals-Flames live in high definition with the traditional full-game view.

This special CSN+ broadcast will be available to customers in the Comcast SportsNet viewing area on Comcast, Dish Network, Antietam Cable, Cox, OpenBand Multimedia and DirecTV. Immediately following the game, Comcast Digital Cable subscribers can experience “OvechKam” on Comcast On Demand. Viewers can check ComcastSportsNet.com to find the channel number for CSN+ on their local provider.

Comcast SportsNet is broadcasting 74 regular season Capitals games this season, with every home game and select road matches available in high definition.

Comcast SportsNet operates 10 sports networks that cover more than 2,400 live sporting events annually and deliver comprehensive sports news and analysis to nearly 40 million cable and satellite homes. Comcast SportsNet’s networks are: Comcast SportsNet Chicago, Comcast SportsNet Mid-Atlantic, Comcast SportsNet New England, Comcast SportsNet Philadelphia, Comcast SportsNet West, Comcast SportsNet Northwest, SportsNet New York, FSN Bay Area, The Mtn. – MountainWest Sports Network, and CSS. These networks provide live game coverage of 18 professional teams as well as college, minor league and other sports. For more information see ComcastSportsNet.com.
RIP 21

"Nah, I trust the laws of nature to stay constant. I don't pray that the sun will rise tomorrow, and I don't need to pray that someone will beat the Cowboys in the playoffs." - Irn-Bru

Hog

Postby GSPODS » Wed Mar 05, 2008 4:28 pm

As long as this camera doesn't follow Ove into the head it should be pretty cool.

Of course, even if the camera did follow Ove into the head, we as fans would get "I take leak, I score goal."

This guy lives, eats, breathes, sleeps and craps hockey.

Hog

Postby Sir_Monk » Wed Mar 05, 2008 7:29 pm

I wish i was back home so I could watch this on Direct TV..oh well, another round with Steve Kolbe.
Bruce has the authority. When Bruce makes the decision, it's a Redskins decision.

Fire Bruce Boudreau

and Jackson

Postby JansenFan » Thu Mar 06, 2008 12:14 am

I can't believe you don't get CSN at GTMO.
RIP 21

"Nah, I trust the laws of nature to stay constant. I don't pray that the sun will rise tomorrow, and I don't need to pray that someone will beat the Cowboys in the playoffs." - Irn-Bru

Hog

Postby Sir_Monk » Thu Mar 06, 2008 7:40 am

I can't believe you don't get CSN at GTMO.

shocking as it is, no we don't. But AFN is showing the Pens game on Sunday, so I am looking forward to that....
Bruce has the authority. When Bruce makes the decision, it's a Redskins decision.

Fire Bruce Boudreau

and Jackson

Postby JansenFan » Thu Mar 06, 2008 9:33 am

Sweet. Ovie''s due for a big game against the Pens.
RIP 21

Hog

Postby GSPODS » Thu Mar 06, 2008 11:51 am

Probably a really bad time for this question, with BossHog engrossed in his new occupation and JansenFan soon headed to the state which I am convinced is the root of all evil, but here goes anyway:

It's been a while since the last THN On Ice PodCast. With things starting to heat up in the standings and the end of the regular season approaching, is there any chance for another PodCast in the relatively near future?

The Punisher

Postby Bob 0119 » Thu Mar 06, 2008 1:39 pm

The Pens game is a wierd one. It's a 12:30 start, and it's being broadcast on NBC.

Return to Washington Sports Teams