Caps Show Up Big At Worlds

Washington Capitals, Washington Nationals, Washington Wizards, Washington Mystics, and D.C. United... all go here!
and Jackson

Caps Show Up Big At Worlds

Postby JansenFan » Mon May 19, 2008 9:01 am

World Class – Three Washington Capitals are world champions this morning, as Sergei Fedorov, Alex Ovechkin and Alexander Semin – who skated together on Russia’s first line – led the Russians to the gold medal at the IIHF World Championship yesterday in Quebec City. Washington was represented on all three teams to win a medal, as Mike Green (Canada) claimed silver and Sami Lepisto (Finland) earned bronze. Ovechkin and Green both earned spots on the all-tournament team, making the Capitals the only team with two representatives among the tournament all-stars.

It's hard to root for Russia, but their top line being Ovechkin, Semin and Federov is hard to root against. By the way Coach Boudreau, the three combined for 17 goals (Ovie 6, Semin 6, Federov 5). Might be worth a shot in next year's playoff series, assuming Federov is still a Cap.
RIP 21

"Nah, I trust the laws of nature to stay constant. I don't pray that the sun will rise tomorrow, and I don't need to pray that someone will beat the Cowboys in the playoffs." - Irn-Bru

Return to Washington Sports Teams