Contest

Washington Capitals, Washington Nationals, Washington Wizards, Washington Mystics, and D.C. United... all go here!
and Jackson

Contest

Postby JansenFan » Fri Jul 11, 2008 1:00 pm

As many of you know, we here at theHogs.net have been fortunate enough to have a very good working relationship with the Washington Capitals. I have been the main recipient of this relationship, interviewing Ted Leonsis topping that list. Unfortunately last year, due to unforeseen circumstances, I was unable to fulfill these duties to the level that I would have liked. So that brings me to the contest.

We are looking for someone knowledgable about the game of hockey to cover the Caps for us this season. It will hopefully be someone that loves hockey and is ready to write and talk about it a lot. In order to find this person, we are going to hold a little contest. To enter, all you have to do is email me at scott.hurrey@thehogs.net, attaching a 500-600 word article about the Capitals. This should be attached as a text or word document. I'm looking for something other than an Ovechkin article. It could be a profile of a draft pick, analysis of the draft, a beat article on the moves the Caps have made in free agency, or any other thing you might find interesting. The only reason I say no ovechkin article is because that's too easy.

The winner of this contest will be determined by BossHog and I and will be offered the spot as our Capitals beat writer for the upcoming season. It should be someone fairly local to both rinks, and someone that can commit to making games and occasional practices. At least a weekly article and possibly one after every game would be expected, as well as participation in podcasts, to include getting sound bytes after games and during practices.

The contest begins now and will run through August 10th. I look forward to seeing what kinds of entries we receive.
RIP 21

"Nah, I trust the laws of nature to stay constant. I don't pray that the sun will rise tomorrow, and I don't need to pray that someone will beat the Cowboys in the playoffs." - Irn-Bru

Return to Washington Sports Teams