Caps Today

Washington Capitals, Washington Nationals, Washington Wizards, Washington Mystics, and D.C. United... all go here!
The Punisher

Postby Bob 0119 » Thu Dec 18, 2008 1:18 pm

MDSKINSFAN wrote:
Bob 0119 wrote:You know I have often thought the same thing!

McPhee is starting to look like a genius!

Good win last night, but I gotta admit, they made me nervous late in the game!

They almost blew it! But once again the Great Eight saves us. That goal was one heck of a shot!

Yeah, you could tell Alex was pissed about going into overtime. You couldn't get him off the ice, and he wasn't going to be denied that last goal.

Did you see the shot just before he scored that went post-to-post and out?

I know I wouldn't want to be a goalie facing an angry Alex Ovechkin. That's the kind of thing nightmares are built around.
“If you grow up in metro Washington, you grow up a diehard Redskins fan. But if you hate your parents, you grow up a Cowboys fan.”-Jim Lachey

Skins History Buff

Postby welch » Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:39 pm

Now they beat the Blues, and this team is beginning to look pretty good.

Hog

Postby Sir_Monk » Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:42 pm

welch wrote:Now they beat the Blues, and this team is beginning to look pretty good.

Hope Semin is ok, I watched the Blues feed and the announcers did not make much mention of him after he went off.
Bruce has the authority. When Bruce makes the decision, it's a Redskins decision.

Fire Bruce Boudreau

and Jackson

Postby JansenFan » Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:13 am

The only information I have about Semin is that he's day-to-day with lower back pain. I'll update if I hear more.
RIP 21

"Nah, I trust the laws of nature to stay constant. I don't pray that the sun will rise tomorrow, and I don't need to pray that someone will beat the Cowboys in the playoffs." - Irn-Bru

The Punisher

Postby Bob 0119 » Fri Dec 19, 2008 12:34 pm

Yeah, Joe B and Locker didn't say much about it either, but they did point out the two missed calls (the trip and the cross check)
“If you grow up in metro Washington, you grow up a diehard Redskins fan. But if you hate your parents, you grow up a Cowboys fan.”-Jim Lachey

Hog

Postby MDSKINSFAN » Fri Dec 19, 2008 5:17 pm

Bob 0119 wrote:
MDSKINSFAN wrote:
Bob 0119 wrote:You know I have often thought the same thing!

McPhee is starting to look like a genius!

Good win last night, but I gotta admit, they made me nervous late in the game!

They almost blew it! But once again the Great Eight saves us. That goal was one heck of a shot!

Yeah, you could tell Alex was pissed about going into overtime. You couldn't get him off the ice, and he wasn't going to be denied that last goal.

Did you see the shot just before he scored that went post-to-post and out?

I know I wouldn't want to be a goalie facing an angry Alex Ovechkin. That's the kind of thing nightmares are built around.

He has the best will to win in the game. That goal before that went off the post would've been an amazing shot.

He had a nice goal last night too. I liked him standing up to that guy after he hit Semin low, that was cool seeing him fly over to him after he did it. This team is just really getting better every game it seems like. I like Varlamov, he is playing well for just making two starts and you have to think that the only thing he can do is get better. Even though he got sent back to Hershey today at least we know we have a future goalie that should be good
RIP SEAN TAYLOR #21

and Jackson

Postby JansenFan » Sat Dec 20, 2008 10:42 am

Teams take on the personality of their coach and their best player, and I think both make this team successful.
RIP 21

"Nah, I trust the laws of nature to stay constant. I don't pray that the sun will rise tomorrow, and I don't need to pray that someone will beat the Cowboys in the playoffs." - Irn-Bru

Pushing Paper

Postby PulpExposure » Sat Dec 20, 2008 1:09 pm

JansenFan wrote:Teams take on the personality of their coach and their best player, and I think both make this team successful.

It's really an impressive team. There is a lot of good, proven young talent on the team (Ovechkin, Semin (when he's healthy...), Mike Green), and the young guys they've called up have played great (Alzner and Varlamov, though he was just assigned back to the AHL).

I can't help but contrast how this team is built to how the Skins are built. Sigh.

Skins History Buff

Postby welch » Sun Dec 21, 2008 10:52 pm

And I grumbled when they broke up the old team to sign all the kids. Yes, I'm and expert. :lol:

Hog

Postby MDSKINSFAN » Tue Dec 23, 2008 9:38 pm

WOW! What a game and what a comeback! Ovechkin just was amazing tonight. The first goal that sparked it was amazing and the play with him catching the puck and then putting it in to tie was amazing too. Like someone said earlier, the team just takes his attitude and plays with it. Theres no quit in him and the rest of the team plays like that too.

That game was exciting to watch
RIP SEAN TAYLOR #21

The Punisher

Postby Bob 0119 » Wed Dec 24, 2008 1:36 am

MDSKINSFAN wrote:WOW! What a game and what a comeback! Ovechkin just was amazing tonight. The first goal that sparked it was amazing and the play with him catching the puck and then putting it in to tie was amazing too. Like someone said earlier, the team just takes his attitude and plays with it. Theres no quit in him and the rest of the team plays like that too.

You are too right!!

I almost shut the game off at 4-0. I was ready to run Theodore out of town on a rail!!

Spectacular comeback, and you couldn't write a better storyline than Morrison getting the game winner in OT to cap it off on his 26th birthday!!

and Jackson

Postby JansenFan » Wed Dec 24, 2008 3:05 am

Bob 0119 wrote:
MDSKINSFAN wrote:WOW! What a game and what a comeback! Ovechkin just was amazing tonight. The first goal that sparked it was amazing and the play with him catching the puck and then putting it in to tie was amazing too. Like someone said earlier, the team just takes his attitude and plays with it. Theres no quit in him and the rest of the team plays like that too.

You are too right!!

I almost shut the game off at 4-0. I was ready to run Theodore out of town on a rail!!

Spectacular comeback, and you couldn't write a better storyline than Morrison getting the game winner in OT to cap it off on his 26th birthday!!

If only Sara Evans on Channel 9 would have called him "Shawn" instead of "Shane." :lowblow:
RIP 21

Hog

Postby MDSKINSFAN » Wed Dec 24, 2008 10:05 am

Bob 0119 wrote:

You are too right!!

I did turn it off at 4-0 and then I came back to it just to see how bad it was going to be and they were only down by two so I had to watch the rest and I'm glad I did. That was amazing. It was cool having morrison score on his birthday and he wears number 26 and I think they said it was his first goal since the 26th of April or something like that.
RIP SEAN TAYLOR #21

Hog

Postby Sir_Monk » Sat Dec 27, 2008 12:40 pm

Ovechkins goal last night was sick......
Bruce has the authority. When Bruce makes the decision, it's a Redskins decision.

Fire Bruce Boudreau

Hog

Postby MDSKINSFAN » Sat Dec 27, 2008 11:50 pm

Sir_Monk wrote:Ovechkins goal last night was sick......

That was crazy. Falling down on your stomach... I don't think many other players if any in the world could pull that one off
RIP SEAN TAYLOR #21

Return to Washington Sports Teams