For those, like me, that can't get enough Ovie

Washington Capitals, Washington Nationals, Washington Wizards, Washington Mystics, and D.C. United... all go here!
and Jackson

For those, like me, that can't get enough Ovie

Postby JansenFan » Fri Apr 17, 2009 1:12 pm

http://www.thehogs.net/blogs/2009/04/17 ... n-e60-421/

I used to hate Michael Jordan. Not in the sense that I literally hated him, but in the sense that I hate Duke, and the Yankees and the Lakers. Not real hate, but the hate sports fans reserve for the teams that always win, always get the calls, etc.

Now that we have Ovechkin, I can totally get what it was like to be a Michael Jordan fan, and the hate is pretty much gone. Not for Duke and the Yankees, but just for individual players. Its not Jordan's fault he was the best player on the court every time he stepped on the court (as a Bull, anyway).
RIP 21

"Nah, I trust the laws of nature to stay constant. I don't pray that the sun will rise tomorrow, and I don't need to pray that someone will beat the Cowboys in the playoffs." - Irn-Bru

Skins History Buff

Postby welch » Sun Apr 26, 2009 2:58 pm

My grandson is about sixteen months old. He already loves to throw both hands in the air and shout, "Go Ovie!!!"

kazoo

Re: For those, like me, that can't get enough Ovie

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Sun Apr 26, 2009 4:11 pm

JansenFan wrote:http://www.thehogs.net/blogs/2009/04/17/ovie-on-e60-421/

I used to hate Michael Jordan. Not in the sense that I literally hated him, but in the sense that I hate Duke, and the Yankees and the Lakers. Not real hate, but the hate sports fans reserve for the teams that always win, always get the calls, etc.

I hear you. My daughter is going to be a Freshman @ Duke in the fall. She's already getting Duke spirit and telling me I have to root for them, not going to be easy. I just keep thinking, at least it wasn't UNC...
Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Proverb: Failure is not falling down. Failure is not getting up again

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

Return to Washington Sports Teams