Stephen Strasburg

Washington Capitals, Washington Nationals, Washington Wizards, Washington Mystics, and D.C. United... all go here!
Canes Skin
Posts: 6667
Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2007 4:02 pm
Location: Alexandria, VA

Stephen Strasburg

Postby CanesSkins26 » Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:27 pm

Welcome to the Nats. Now we just have to sign him.
Suck and Luck

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 1197
Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2008 8:52 pm
Location: MD

Postby MDSKINSFAN » Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:25 am

I'm happy that we drafted him, but I won't be really happy until we get him signed. Hopefully, we can get him signed sooner than later so we get to see him this year, but it sounds like this might take a while. I like the first 2 picks. Strasburg can be an ace to build a rotation around and Stanen, who we took with the 10th pick, sounds like a great reliever. We all know how badly we need to revamp the bullpen.
RIP SEAN TAYLOR #21

Canes Skin
Posts: 6667
Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2007 4:02 pm
Location: Alexandria, VA

Postby CanesSkins26 » Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:57 pm

MDSKINSFAN wrote:I'm happy that we drafted him, but I won't be really happy until we get him signed. Hopefully, we can get him signed sooner than later so we get to see him this year, but it sounds like this might take a while. I like the first 2 picks. Strasburg can be an ace to build a rotation around and Stanen, who we took with the 10th pick, sounds like a great reliever. We all know how badly we need to revamp the bullpen.


I agree about not being really happy until he is signed. However, I really don't want to see him in the majors this season. I hope that he gets a few months of pitching in in the minors this season and then competes for a spot in the rotation next season.
Suck and Luck

Junior Hog
User avatar
Posts: 11246
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2003 3:18 am
Location: Mayo, Maryland

Postby Jake » Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:58 pm

Well they signed their #10 pick already. That's impressive. I just wish it was Strasburg first.
RIP Sean Taylor 1983-2007
RIP Kevin Mitchell 1971-2007
RIP Justin Skaggs 1979-2007
RIP Sammy Baugh 1914-2008

RIP JPFair
RIP VetSkinsFan

#60 Chris Samuels: 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time Pro Bowl left tackle!

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 1197
Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2008 8:52 pm
Location: MD

Postby MDSKINSFAN » Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:31 am

CanesSkins26 wrote:
MDSKINSFAN wrote:I'm happy that we drafted him, but I won't be really happy until we get him signed. Hopefully, we can get him signed sooner than later so we get to see him this year, but it sounds like this might take a while. I like the first 2 picks. Strasburg can be an ace to build a rotation around and Stanen, who we took with the 10th pick, sounds like a great reliever. We all know how badly we need to revamp the bullpen.


I agree about not being really happy until he is signed. However, I really don't want to see him in the majors this season. I hope that he gets a few months of pitching in in the minors this season and then competes for a spot in the rotation next season.


If he is as ready as they say to pitch in the majors then I wouldn't mind seeing him pitch a game or two towards the end of the year, but if he is playing anywhere in the Nationals system by the end of this year that would be fine with me.
RIP SEAN TAYLOR #21

Canes Skin
Posts: 6667
Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2007 4:02 pm
Location: Alexandria, VA

Postby CanesSkins26 » Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:45 pm

Jake wrote:Well they signed their #10 pick already. That's impressive. I just wish it was Strasburg first.


Apparently Storen wanted to get started right away bc there is a chance that he could pitch in the majors this season. He is reporting to Hagerstown tomorrow so he's not wasting any time getting started.

You can see part of Storen's press conference here:

http://washington.nationals.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20090610&content_id=5247952&vkey=news_was&fext=.jsp&c_id=was
Suck and Luck

Return to Washington Sports Teams