Caps Today - Defensive Minded

Washington Capitals, Washington Nationals, Washington Wizards, Washington Mystics, and D.C. United... all go here!
The Punisher

Caps Today - Defensive Minded

Postby Bob 0119 » Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:47 am

Today’s Storyline

Deep D – The Capitals’ defense corps figures to be an incredibly difficult unit to crack, as evidenced by the assignment of talented first-round draft pick John Carlson to Hershey on Tuesday. Ten blueliners remain in camp, all of whom played at least 15 games (regular-season and playoffs) for the Capitals last season. That experience has paid off in the preseason, with Washington allowing just two goals per game, which makes it that much tougher for vice president and general manager George McPhee and his staff to determine the group of seven or eight who will be with the Capitals when the regular season opens a week from tonight in Boston.
“If you grow up in metro Washington, you grow up a diehard Redskins fan. But if you hate your parents, you grow up a Cowboys fan.”-Jim Lachey

and Jackson

Postby JansenFan » Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:55 am

I'm hoping to see Alzner crack the roster. I really liked what he brought to the table last season in his chances in DC. He plays tough -- something the Caps can use more of.
RIP 21

"Nah, I trust the laws of nature to stay constant. I don't pray that the sun will rise tomorrow, and I don't need to pray that someone will beat the Cowboys in the playoffs." - Irn-Bru

The Punisher

Postby Bob 0119 » Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:33 am

I think if we keep Alzner, it will be over Morrison.

Morrison was a beast in the playoffs, but had a lousy regular season. It'll be a tough call for the coach.
“If you grow up in metro Washington, you grow up a diehard Redskins fan. But if you hate your parents, you grow up a Cowboys fan.”-Jim Lachey

Hog

Postby ChocolateMilk » Thu Sep 24, 2009 5:02 pm

Went to the game last night. My first NHL game and it was a blast. I hope to go to many more this season.. But the team looks really good. Varly was getting good saves and our Penalty kill seemed on point. Our offense will be good for years to come with Ovi, Semin, and Backstrum.
R.I.P. Sean Taylor

You will be missed, but never forgotten

Return to Washington Sports Teams