Caps Today - Longevity

Washington Capitals, Washington Nationals, Washington Wizards, Washington Mystics, and D.C. United... all go here!
The Punisher

Caps Today - Longevity

Postby Bob 0119 » Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:58 am

Today’s Storyline

Longevity – On Thursday the Capitals will open up their 35th season in the National Hockey League on the road in Boston with the team trying to take the next step – win the Stanley Cup. One Capital who has been in Washington through the good times and the bad is Boyd Gordon, he is the longest tenured Capital. Gordon played 41 games as a rookie during the pre-lockout 2003-04 season and has witnessed the franchise rebuild itself from the inside.
“If you grow up in metro Washington, you grow up a diehard Redskins fan. But if you hate your parents, you grow up a Cowboys fan.”-Jim Lachey

and Jackson

Postby JansenFan » Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:55 am

Also of note, Chris Bourque made the opening day roster, as did Tyler Sloan (beating out Karl Alzner for the last D-man slot) and the shot-blocking master Quintin Laing. Uber-scorers Keith Aucoin and Alexandre Giroux are being sent down to Hershey, but both must clear waivers (scary thought). Brandon Sugden also was sent to Hershey.
RIP 21

"Nah, I trust the laws of nature to stay constant. I don't pray that the sun will rise tomorrow, and I don't need to pray that someone will beat the Cowboys in the playoffs." - Irn-Bru

Return to Washington Sports Teams