Caps today - thats 50!

Washington Capitals, Washington Nationals, Washington Wizards, Washington Mystics, and D.C. United... all go here!
Hog

Caps today - thats 50!

Postby Sir_Monk » Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:26 pm

Good win tonight for the Caps against a desperate Atlanta side. My hats off to the gritty play of the fourth line. The game winner by Bradly was great, and he almost notched a second goal after beating Chelios a few minutes later. I have a weird feeling, as well as Theo has played in the second half of the season, Varly is playing himself back into starting shape, and may take a leading role at some point in the playoffs.
Bruce has the authority. When Bruce makes the decision, it's a Redskins decision.

Fire Bruce Boudreau

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:05 am

I was getting a tad bit annoyed by the 3 losses.. I'm glad we pulled this one out but they need to get in playoff mode right away.

Did anyone see the poll question on the Caps site? It said who would you rather play in the first round...

Boston- 82 points
Montreal- 82 points
Atlanta- 80 points
Philadelphia- 82 points
New York Rangers- 78 points

I don't know how they do the playoffs for NHL so maybe one of you can break down how they'd do the matchups but personally, I want filly in the first round because I want both of the PA teams out EARLY. Of course I'd have to rely on someone else knocking out the happy feet but I'm ok with that. Callers on the radio were saying they really want to meet up with crybaby crosby in the eastern finals after they've been beaten up. Honestly, I don't.. we had our chance last year against them and blew it. Granted this year's team is far superior than last years but I'm just saying. ..... :-k ... the more I think about it though, I can care less who we play.. bring them all on because the Caps are going to the Superbowl! ... :lol: Ok ok, Stanley Cup but whatever, same thing just a lil bit different. :lol:
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally

Hog

Postby Sir_Monk » Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:08 pm

langleyparkjoe wrote:I was getting a tad bit annoyed by the 3 losses.. I'm glad we pulled this one out but they need to get in playoff mode right away.

Did anyone see the poll question on the Caps site? It said who would you rather play in the first round...

Boston- 82 points
Montreal- 82 points
Atlanta- 80 points
Philadelphia- 82 points

I don't know how they do the playoffs for NHL so maybe one of you can break down how they'd do the matchups but personally, I want filly in the first round because I want both of the PA teams out EARLY. Of course I'd have to rely on someone else knocking out the happy feet but I'm ok with that. Callers on the radio were saying they really want to meet up with crybaby crosby in the eastern finals after they've been beaten up. Honestly, I don't.. we had our chance last year against them and blew it. Granted this year's team is far superior than last years but I'm just saying. ..... :-k ... the more I think about it though, I can care less who we play.. bring them all on because the Caps are going to the Superbowl! ... :lol: Ok ok, Stanley Cup but whatever, same thing just a lil bit different. :lol:

The playoffs are more or less the same as the NBA: 1 vs 8, 2 vs 7, 3 vs 6 and 4 vs 5. After the first round they reseed the teams, so if the Caps played Montreal and beat them and the 7th seeded team knocked off #2, the Caps would play the 7th seed team in the second round.

I would not mind playing Montreal, Boston or Atlanta. I hate playing the Flyers, and they always give the Caps fits, but considering their goaltending situation, that matchup would be ok. I would not want to play the Rangers again after the tough series last year.
Bruce has the authority. When Bruce makes the decision, it's a Redskins decision.

Fire Bruce Boudreau

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:12 pm

Sir_Monk wrote:
langleyparkjoe wrote:I was getting a tad bit annoyed by the 3 losses.. I'm glad we pulled this one out but they need to get in playoff mode right away.

Boston- 82 points
Montreal- 82 points
Atlanta- 80 points
Philadelphia- 82 points

The playoffs are more or less the same as the NBA: 1 vs 8, 2 vs 7, 3 vs 6 and 4 vs 5. After the first round they reseed the teams, so if the Caps played Montreal and beat them and the 7th seeded team knocked off #2, the Caps would play the 7th seed team in the second round.

I would not mind playing Montreal, Boston or Atlanta. I hate playing the Flyers, and they always give the Caps fits, but considering their goaltending situation, that matchup would be ok. I would not want to play the Rangers again after the tough series last year.

Thanks Monk! I never even knew they reseeded the teams.. geez, what was I REALLY doing last year :hmm:
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally

Return to Washington Sports Teams