Ovechkin Hits 1,000 Point Mark

Washington Capitals, Washington Nationals, Washington Wizards, Washington Mystics, and D.C. United... all go here!
Hog

Ovechkin Hits 1,000 Point Mark

Postby Burgundy&GoldForever » Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:53 pm

Not sure how many hockey fans there are here, or if there are any, but this is a huge deal. Ovi is on pace to score over 800 career goals, something only two other players in the history of the sport have done.

When his career is over he may very well be the greatest individual D.C. athlete ever, in any sport.
"I coached in Washington - and in Washington, you lose the ballgame, it's a bad Monday, I just want to tell you that." - Joe Gibbs

Skins History Buff

Re: Ovechkin Hits 1,000 Point Mark

Postby welch » Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:26 pm

Burgundy&GoldForever wrote:Not sure how many hockey fans there are here, or if there are any, but this is a huge deal. Ovi is on pace to score over 800 career goals, something only two other players in the history of the sport have done.

When his career is over he may very well be the greatest individual D.C. athlete ever, in any sport.

I've seen Gordie Howe and Bobby Hull, plus the "Edmonton Greats" and a couple of guys from the Penguns in the early '80s. Ovie is one of the all-time greatest. Among DC athletes? Right there with Walter Johnson and Sammy Baugh.

Return to Washington Sports Teams