Sean Taylor Shot, In Critical Condition

In memory of Sean Taylor. Please post all thoughts, well-wishes and prayers here.
Fire in the Sky

Postby SkinsFreak » Mon Nov 26, 2007 8:03 pm

Redskins913 wrote:I heard this at another forum. I heard she was part of the plan.

Whatever...:roll: I'm quite sure the authorities will get to the bottom of this in due time. Right now, all I care about is Sean and his recovery.

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Mon Nov 26, 2007 8:05 pm

SkinsFreak wrote:Whatever...:roll: I'm quite sure the authorities will get to the bottom of this in due time. Right now, all I care about is Sean and his recovery.

=D>
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

swine

Postby Redskins913 » Mon Nov 26, 2007 8:06 pm

admin wrote:
Redskins913 wrote:I heard this at another forum. I heard she was part of the plan.

Where?

I use this forum. And from that forum a Cowboys fan was saying that a Cowboys forum was reporting that Sean Taylor girlfriend was part of the plan. It may not be true. But who knows?

Fire in the Sky

Postby SkinsFreak » Mon Nov 26, 2007 8:07 pm

1niksder wrote:
please_remain_calm wrote:
1niksder wrote:
Redskins913 wrote:Their are reports saying Sean Taylor's Girlfriend had somthing to do with this.

She did :shock:

She and their baby girl were in the room with Sean.

This 913 guy sounds almost as desperate as Wilbon for there to be something else going on :(

Chill out and hope he pulls through intact.

It's all BS, like I said before he was at home in the middle of the night with his family, the week after he home had been broken into. I wonder if Wilbon would have been out of town the week following a break in at his home if his family were to be there alone.

Sean seems to have been doing the right thing, but somehow it's his fault. It's not like he stayed in the same house or area that that caused his previous problems. He moved way across town yet some want to link this to that.

Sean became a father right after going threw a court case where he was charged although he should have been considered a victim. If you go back a few months before that you'll find nothing but positives when talking about the guy. Yet for some it's just not possible for this to be a random act of violence or for Sean to have been targeted because he's a Miami sports figure (mostly NBA players but it's happening in south Fla.)
I he's made all the right steps in getting he professional and personal life together over the last few years.

He is in a bed fighting for his life, yet everyother media outlet on the planet wants to bring up his past mistakes when reporting that he was shot. If there is a link between the past and the present, it would be better if we wait until Sean can tell us what that link is.

Right on... well said, niks. The media justs wants to put some drama in their version of the story.

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Mon Nov 26, 2007 8:07 pm

Im just so relieved that he's making it out of the woods. I'm still believing in a 200% recovery for him.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Mon Nov 26, 2007 8:07 pm

Redskins913 wrote:
admin wrote:

Where?

I use this forum. And from that forum a Cowboys fan was saying that a Cowboys forum was reporting that Sean Taylor girlfriend was part of the plan. It may not be true. But who knows?

What forum ?
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Mon Nov 26, 2007 8:08 pm

They're saying the kid flat lined twice during the surgery. Crazy.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

Skins History Buff

Postby welch » Mon Nov 26, 2007 8:09 pm

There I was at work, hanging at the unsecured computer that talks to the web, of and on all day...left about 6pm feeling like a lump of lead. Now:

Sharpstein said Taylor's responses Monday night provided "a great ray of sunshine, but we're not out of the woods yet. The doctors are still guarded about the diagnosis. Until he comes to and speaks and recognizes people, they are going to be guarded, but this was obviously a very positive sign and a recognition of a command."

Taylor is in intensive care, Sharpstein said.

Taylor's condition had improved dramatically from earlier in the day. "Right now, he's clinging to life and we're all praying he makes it," Sharpstein had said shortly after 3 p.m.

That is what matters, I think. "Responsive"!!

Postby 1niksder » Mon Nov 26, 2007 8:09 pm

Chris Luva Luva wrote:They're saying the kid flat lined twice during the surgery. Crazy.

He's a fighter... you know he'll do his part.
We'll just have to keep praying.
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

swine

Postby Redskins913 » Mon Nov 26, 2007 8:12 pm

1niksder wrote:
Redskins913 wrote:
admin wrote:

Where?

What forum ?
Their are reports from Comcast saying that as well .

swine

Postby Redskins913 » Mon Nov 26, 2007 8:16 pm

Comcast is actually calling her a "suspect"

Fire in the Sky

Postby SkinsFreak » Mon Nov 26, 2007 8:16 pm

Chris Luva Luva wrote:They're saying the kid flat lined twice during the surgery. Crazy.

Damn... that is crazy. I do believe Sean is the kind of guy that could pull through this. I seem to have a smidgen of hope or faith way deep down that says the Lord will give Sean the strength to overcome this unfortunate situation.

The Evil Straw

Postby Fios » Mon Nov 26, 2007 8:19 pm

What angered me about Wilbon was this statement (bold text is my addition):

Michael Wilbon wrote:Whether this incident is or isn't random, Taylor grew up in a violent world, embraced it, claimed it, loved to run in it and refused to divorce himself from it. He ain't the first and won't be the last. We have no idea what happened, or if what we know now will be revised later. It's sad, yes, but hardly surprising.

First, all Wilbon has said about Taylor's lifestyle is that he doesn't believe the PR coming out of Redskins park which, frankly, is a healthy amount of skepticism. However, he has made a direct assertion there about Taylor's current lifestyle. His teammates and the head coaches have repeatedly and consistently testified as to how having a daughter changed him substantially as well as his steady maturation from four years ago. So either everyone at Redskins park is engaging in a collective effort to cover for a player's "violent" off-field behavior OR Wilbon engaged in baseless and irresponsible speculation, bordering on lying. I am not discounting the notion that Wilbon may have some knowledge of Taylor that the general public does not but I would like to see him substantiate that in some fashion. That's a helluva thing to just toss out there when a man is close to death.
Additionally, I am cognizant of the fact that the world we live in, particularly the country we live in, is a disproportionately violent one. Having worked in news media for 10 years, I am as jaded as they come. But -- and let me be clear about this -- when the starting safety of a professional football team is shot and almost fatally wounded, that is -- unquestionably -- surprising. That passage is mean-spirited and wholly unnecessary. Remember, the man was potentially on the brink of death when Wilbon wrote this.
RIP Sean Taylor

Postby 1niksder » Mon Nov 26, 2007 8:22 pm

SkinsFreak wrote:Right on... well said, niks. The media justs wants to put some drama in their version of the story.

It always happens because they are lazy, meaning rehash whatever they can find. Taylor was dragged through the mud and stop talking to them, so they only have negative references of him. It would be too much work to call up a guy like London Flecter or another player that didn't know Sean before last year and find out their opinion of him or if he had changed his ways, they just take the easy route.

This trickles down to the lazy "fan", they love Taylor but will believe whatever is written the most recently and run with it.

For the record the last negative report I heard about Sean was that he was a gun wielding thug facing 20+ years in prison. The truth of the matter was Taylor was a victim of GTA and went about getting his property back the wrong way, after the a prosecutor without a agenda was found the case went away. So did the story until now, of course they'll continue to leave all of the details of the outcome of the two year old incident.
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

Pushing Paper

Postby PulpExposure » Mon Nov 26, 2007 8:26 pm

Fios wrote:
Chris Luva Luva wrote:I don't know about you guys but I'm totally disinterested in any other redskins news. I simply don't care if they play another game this season, I just want Sean to pull through this.

Someone else said this but I like it, I'm pulling for Sean Taylor the man, whether he plays another down of football doesn't matter to me.

The cup runneth over in appreciation of me?

Hoo-rah!

Return to Sean Taylor Tribute