Sean Taylor Shot, In Critical Condition

In memory of Sean Taylor. Please post all thoughts, well-wishes and prayers here.
Hog

Postby joedondero1919 » Mon Nov 26, 2007 10:45 am

an article today on the washington post says it best.... the writer says that when the redskins read the story of goldilocks to their kids, goldilocks gets eaten by the bears. nothing ever goes right for this team. we are forever snakebit.

One Step Away

Postby VetSkinsFan » Mon Nov 26, 2007 10:46 am

Said he was down there getting a second opinion on his knee.
...any given Sunday....

RIP #21 Sean Taylor. You will be loved and adored by Redskins fans forever!!!!!

GSPODS:
The National Anthem sucks.
What a useless piece of propagandist rhetoric that is.

mursilis

Postby Mursilis » Mon Nov 26, 2007 10:53 am

[-o<

swine

Postby SkinMeAlive » Mon Nov 26, 2007 10:56 am

CNN is now reporting Sean Taylor was shot twice. As if this didn't sound bad enough from the initial report.
Voltaire (1694-1778) "This is no time to make new enemies." (When asked on his deathbed to foreswear Satan.)

Hog

Prayers

Postby BadgerKing » Mon Nov 26, 2007 10:57 am

So utterly horrified to read this on CNN and here at the Hogsnet. Prayers from across the pond to you Sean. Fight, fight, fight.
To live in the hearts we leave behind is not to die." ~ Thomas Campbell

Hog

Postby spenser » Mon Nov 26, 2007 10:57 am

I pray to god he makes it, sadly however, knowing about this cursed franchise im not optimistic

^^^^^^^

Postby frankcal20 » Mon Nov 26, 2007 11:01 am

I'm fine with him never playing a down of football. I'm just hoping that the kid makes it through this tough time. Really, thats all we should care about.

The Evil Straw

Postby Fios » Mon Nov 26, 2007 11:04 am

frankcal20 wrote:I'm fine with him never playing a down of football. I'm just hoping that the kid makes it through this tough time. Really, thats all we should care about.

Amen
RIP Sean Taylor

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Mon Nov 26, 2007 11:07 am

I still can't believe this news. Fight it, Sean. You are in our thoughts and prayers.
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

Hog

Postby wormer » Mon Nov 26, 2007 11:09 am

My insider with the Skins told me that as of 10:45 EST he was still in surgery.
Last edited by wormer on Mon Nov 26, 2007 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Evil Straw

Postby Fios » Mon Nov 26, 2007 11:09 am

Rarely these days does news shock me but this most certainly did, Sean is most certainly in the thoughts and prayers of Redskins fans.
RIP Sean Taylor

Hog

Postby RayNAustin » Mon Nov 26, 2007 11:11 am

Fios wrote:
frankcal20 wrote:I'm fine with him never playing a down of football. I'm just hoping that the kid makes it through this tough time. Really, thats all we should care about.

Amen

And a second Amen.

What I find disgusting is that virtually every news report contains a brief statement about Sean being shot, then two or three paragraphs outlining his past difficulties with the law.

Media whores.

The Evil Straw

Postby Fios » Mon Nov 26, 2007 11:12 am

RayNAustin wrote:
Fios wrote:

Amen

And a second Amen.

What I find disgusting is that virtually every news report contains a brief statement about Sean being shot, then two or three paragraphs outlining his past difficulties with the law.

Media whores.

They didn't bother to report the facts the first time and now they need filler so half-truths will be repeated -- over and over again -- for the next few days.
RIP Sean Taylor

The Evil Straw

Postby Fios » Mon Nov 26, 2007 11:15 am

So, before we get to the inaccurate reporting, a reminder:

SkinsFreak wrote:OK, here we go. I was waiting until the end of the season to share this but since a thread was started, I will share a few tidbits with you.

I was born and raised in Maryland however my career has brought me to South Florida, specifically Miami / Dade County. I believe that the current known facts of this case are not being offered or articulated to the public on a national basis the way they are here in Florida, or to say, in a manor that reflects the true and known facts of this case. Here are some KNOWN facts:

1. Sean Taylor did show up with friend Charles Caughman to recover his stolen ATV's and punched a guy. This is true and Sean does not dipute this.

2. More than a dozen eyewitnesses submitted signed affidavits to the State Attorney's office and all said they would testify on Sean's behalf, that he never had a gun or pulled a gun on anyone.

3. The two accusers, including 21 year old Ryan Hill, are known gang members in the area with prior arrest records.

4. Sean Taylor submitted a "passed" lie detector test. (A guilty person would not subject themselves to this, My 2 cents )

5. The State Attorney did try to get Sean's friend Charles Coughman to testify against Sean. Obviously Coughman declined and said he will only testify on Sean's behalf.

6. The only "shooting" took place back at Seans or his mothers place (not sure on this one) But it was definately after Sean left the scene. SEAN'S SUV has the bullet holes in it. The police recovered bullet casings at this location. Everyone seems to forget that Sean is actually the victim in this case.

7. The prosecutor, Mike Grieco, has in the past tried to prosecute several well known public figures. This has been in the news here several times over the past few years. I believe he is just trying to make a name for himself by attacking celeb's just prior to his career as a defense lawyer. This is common for some DA's.

It is logical that the accusers would say that Sean had a gun first (...well he hit me first kind of thing) They are trying to to wiggle out of this and say it was self defense. But the KNOWN facts are much to the contrary. And further, it is NOT self defense when you go to another scene, away from the original location, and start shooting. Sorry, but from my perspective, Mike Grieco has no case and he knows it. My 2 cents
RIP Sean Taylor

Hog

Postby wormer » Mon Nov 26, 2007 11:15 am

According to multiple news reports he had to be airlifted to the hospital. Typically another bad sign.
Have pet sitting needs in Rockville, Gaithersburg, Olney or Montgomery Village? Contact me. I own Fetch! Pet Care of Rockville - Gaitthersburg.

Return to Sean Taylor Tribute