Sean Taylor Shot, In Critical Condition

In memory of Sean Taylor. Please post all thoughts, well-wishes and prayers here.
Hog

Postby riggofan » Mon Nov 26, 2007 11:34 am

Speaking of classless, why does the Post have to spend four paragraphs listing what a bad person Taylor is in their news alert?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/co ... 00794.html

He has had several previous run-ins with law enforcement.

Taylor pleaded no contest to misdemeanor assault and battery charges in connection with a June, 2005 confrontation over an all-terrain vehicle he said had been stolen from him. He avoided jail time in that case by agreeing to serve 18 months probation, speak to 10 Miami-area schools and donate $1,000 to each of them.

In 2004, he was arrested in Fairfax County on suspicion of drunken driving. A judge later dismissed the charge, after viewing a videotape of the field sobriety test and seeing no basis for the arrest. Taylor was nevertheless convicted of refusing to take a breathalyzer test in that incident -- but that conviction was dismissed on appeal.

Taylor also has struggled with discipline issues as a member of the Redskins -- he was criticized for skipping off-season workouts against Coach Joe Gibbs's wishes in 2005 and fined by the National Football League in 2004 for refusing to attend a rookie symposium. In 2006, the league fined him $17,000 for spitting at Michael Pittman during a Redskins --Buccaneers game.

They don't even know what the facts of this are yet.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"That's all you want? Three ones and a two?.... I said, 'Dan, game on.'" - Vinny
"You can't do epic **** with basic people." - DJax

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Mon Nov 26, 2007 11:34 am

Cappster wrote:Sean Taylor will make it through the surgery and make a full recovery. Everyone needs to envision him making it through and stay positive that he will make a full recovery. He is in the best physical shape possible that anyone an be in to make it through something like this.

I agree. I wholeheartedly believe he'll pull through this just fine.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

The Evil Straw

Postby Fios » Mon Nov 26, 2007 11:34 am

Cappster wrote:Sean Taylor will make it through the surgery and make a full recovery. Everyone needs to envision him making it through and stay positive that he will make a full recovery. He is in the best physical shape possible that anyone an be in to make it through something like this.

QFT
RIP Sean Taylor

Site Admin

Postby admin » Mon Nov 26, 2007 11:38 am

Folks... any idea how tactless it is to actually be arguing over someone else's ridiculous comments, when a guy is fighting for his life?

Let's try to maintain some modicum of respect here and reserve this thread for news on Sean and your thoughts and prayers.

Please and thanks.

The Evil Straw

Postby Fios » Mon Nov 26, 2007 11:39 am

admin wrote:Folks... any idea how tactless it is to actually be arguing over someone else's ridiculous comments, when a guy is fighting for his life?

Let's try to maintain some modicum of respect here and reserve this thread for news on Sean and your thoughts and prayers.

Please and thanks.

To that end, I have merged several of those comments with the Smack thread created for that purpose
Last edited by Fios on Mon Nov 26, 2007 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
RIP Sean Taylor

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Mon Nov 26, 2007 11:39 am

Hey!!!

Taylor is in serious situation and this thread needs to be about well wishes and keeping the community up to date on the latest news... let's keep our focus on Sean and not a poster.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

Hog

Postby jeremyroyce » Mon Nov 26, 2007 11:46 am

Hey guys this does not look good.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7490604

Taylor in critical condition after shooting

Alex Marvez
FOX Sports, Updated 2 minutes ago

Washington Redskins safety Sean Taylor has undergone surgery for a life-threatening gunshot wound suffered early Monday morning at his South Miami home, FOXSports.com has learned.

A source said Taylor was shot on the inside of his leg during a home invasion involving "one or maybe more: individuals. The bullet pierced Taylor's femoral artery, causing him to get rushed to Jackson Memorial Hospital in Miami.
"He's in critical condition and has somewhat stabilized after surgery, but things could go either way at this point," the source said. "He's lost an incredible amount of blood. At this point, we're just waiting to see how he responds to the surgery."

Taylor's family has asked that no information about his condition be released at this point, said Lorraine Nelson, a hospital spokeswoman.

The Miami Herald reported that patrol officers received a call about 1:45 a.m. that a homeowner had been shot in the leg. The homeowners told police they heard intruders at the rear door of the house, trying to pry it open.

The male homeowner went to investigate and a female in the house then heard a shot. Paramedics responded and found the victim, with a gunshot wound to the groin.

Taylor has a home in the Miami suburb of Palmetto Bay that he bought two years ago. The 24-year-old player is in his fourth season with the Redskins after playing at the University of Miami, where he was an All-American in 2003. He leads the team with five interceptions but has missed the last two games because of a knee injury.

Taylor has been in trouble numerous times since he was drafted as the No. 5 overall pick in 2004. He has been fined at least seven times during his professional career for late hits and other infractions, including a $17,000 penalty for spitting in the face of Tampa Bay running back Michael Pittman during a playoff game in January 2006. He also was fined $25,000 for skipping a mandatory rookie symposium shortly after he was drafted.

Redskins coaches and players have defended Taylor, saying he was smart and misunderstood. Taylor has been slow let anyone into his inner circle. He has rarely spoken to reporters, saying he does not trust them. Teammates said he became more mature over the last year after he became a father for the first time.

In 2005, Taylor was accused of brandishing a gun at a man and repeatedly hitting him during a fight that broke out after Taylor and some friends went looking for the people who had allegedly stolen his all-terrain vehicles.

Taylor reached a deal with prosecutors last year after they agreed to drop felony charges against him. He pleaded no contest to two misdemeanors in the assault case and was sentenced to 18 months probation. The pleas prompted another fine from the NFL but kept his football career intact.

He also was ordered to talk about the importance of education at 10 Miami schools and had to contribute $1,000 for scholarships to each of those schools.

The man Taylor allegedly hit, Ryan Hill, sued, seeking at least $15,000 in damages. Hill sustained bruises to his body, incurred medical expenses and lost wages because of the fight, the lawsuit said.

Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.

Brown in the Hall

Postby NC43Hog » Mon Nov 26, 2007 11:53 am

Well, this puts yesterdays loss into perspective.

We are pulling for you Sean.
"Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son." - Dean Wormer

Hog

Postby MEZZSKIN » Mon Nov 26, 2007 12:02 pm

my prayers are with you ST. Hang in there Kid.

The Evil Straw

Postby Fios » Mon Nov 26, 2007 12:02 pm

Redskins will be holding a press conference soon, no time announced
RIP Sean Taylor

~~~~~

Postby Warmother » Mon Nov 26, 2007 12:06 pm

Let's keep Sean and his family in our thoughts and prayers.
"I never apologize. I'm sorry but that's just the way I am."

The Evil Straw

Postby Fios » Mon Nov 26, 2007 12:09 pm

Purely third-hand: on the radio, reports that Taylor is stabilizing. What that means or whether it is accurate is unknown.
RIP Sean Taylor

ch1

Postby crazyhorse1 » Mon Nov 26, 2007 12:09 pm

My prayers are for you, ST. Pull through, buddy.

Hog

Postby Primetime42 » Mon Nov 26, 2007 12:10 pm

Just passing to offer my condolences and hope he gets out of this well.

I didn't think it was as serious when I first heard, but regardless of what I think of him, no one deserves that.

Prayers are with the guy.
"He's a playmaker, that's his label. They used to have strong safeties, but now they got another position: They're called playmakers." -Terence Newman on Roy Williams

ch1

Postby crazyhorse1 » Mon Nov 26, 2007 12:14 pm

Just heard from somewhere that he's lost an "incredible" amount of blood, but hanging in there.

Return to Sean Taylor Tribute