Sean Taylor RIP

In memory of Sean Taylor. Please post all thoughts, well-wishes and prayers here.
Hog

Postby BeeGee » Tue Nov 27, 2007 1:28 pm

I'm so sorry, man. Lord, please have mercy.
Cowboys 7- Redskins 6 (All we needed was 2 minutes of the 60)
Cowboys 17 - Redskins 0 (Way to NOT show up for the 100th anniversary)
----- TWO EASY -----

piggie

Postby Secondary_Chaos » Tue Nov 27, 2007 1:30 pm

Goodell's Statement
The commissioner's office has released this statement from Roger Goodell:

The entire NFL is deeply saddened by the death of Sean Taylor. We extend our heartfelt sympathy to Sean's family, friends, teammates, and the Redskins' organization. This is a terrible tragedy involving the loss of a young man who leaves behind many people struggling to understand it. Our office is staying in close contact with the Redskins to provide all appropriate support to the club and Sean's family. We also are working to determine the facts surrounding this tragic event. We will honor the memory of Sean Taylor at all games this weekend.

http://blog.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/?hpid=topnews
RIP #21

The Punisher

Postby Bob 0119 » Tue Nov 27, 2007 1:40 pm

langleyparkjoe wrote:
Bob, there's a short story/article from a mother of a young fan that Sean Taylor touched his life by doing something simple. I clicked "Home" on this site and saw it. It's a good read and it made me more sad but very happy to have cheered for a guy like Sean Taylor.

I haven't read it yet, but I will.

I will miss cheering for him. I'll be wearing his jersey this weekend.

Hog

Postby SkinsHead56 » Tue Nov 27, 2007 1:45 pm

I wrote this last night as I was searching for any bit of good news For ST

Well I can honestly say my favorite Sean Taylor moment was every play he was on the field. From His first preseaon game with two picks. Sean Taylor made me envious of the kind of physical gifts God would bestow on one human being. If Sean never plays ball again and lives I will have enough memories to last a life time. If he is able to make a full recovery to the field I will make it my mission to be at his first home game back. That would be a 3K mile trek for me & I hope I get to do that. For now I will be overjoyed if he is able to return to his duties as a father.

Lord we pray that you see fit to restore Sean to his health and family.

I would like to add RIP Sean Taylor. In a very short time you became a beloved part of this extended Redskins family. You will truly be missed and your legend will be told by the Redskins faithful for years to come.

May the Lord bless your family & freinds with courage & faith.
In memorium Sean Taylor 1983-2007 R.I.P.

Long live the Legend of "Meast".

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Tue Nov 27, 2007 2:13 pm

My darn eyes welled up listening to lunch with the Redskins, the lump is still in my throat.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

~~~~~~

Postby Redskin in Canada » Tue Nov 27, 2007 2:14 pm

I just learned the tragic news now. Truly the saddest day of my life as a Redskins fan. Somehow, I have lost all interest in most other NFL issues. Everything seems irrelevant now.

I wish Sean's family strength and my deepest condolences. We share your pain even if it cannot compare for a second with what you are going through at this moment.
Daniel Snyder has defined incompetence, failure and greed to true Washington Redskins fans over the last decade. Stay away from football operations !!!

Hog

Postby jeremyroyce » Tue Nov 27, 2007 2:15 pm

Guys I'm sorry that I'm late on this. I have been having trouble getting on this site all day. Anyways, I just want to say that my heart goes out to Sean Taylor and his family. My nephew called me early this morning to tell me that he had passed. Nobody deserves this and I hope they catch this scumbag that did this. RIP SEAN TAYLOR #21, AND #36. Folks I know this is not important but I wanted to know what you thought. I have a Sean Taylor Jersey #36. I did not have alot of money but I wanted to buy a Redskins jersey and this was when Sean Taylor had announced that he was changing his jersey number. Do you guys think that I should have this jersey framed and never wear again? Thank you for your imput.

Hog

Postby joedondero1919 » Tue Nov 27, 2007 2:16 pm

jeremyroyce wrote:Guys I'm sorry that I'm late on this. I have been having trouble getting on this site all day. Anyways, I just want to say that my heart goes out to Sean Taylor and his family. My nephew called me early this morning to tell me that he had passed. Nobody deserves this and I hope they catch this scumbag that did this. RIP SEAN TAYLOR #21, AND #36. Folks I know this is not important but I wanted to know what you thought. I have a Sean Taylor Jersey #36. I did not have alot of money but I wanted to buy a Redskins jersey and this was when Sean Taylor had announced that he was changing his jersey number. Do you guys think that I should have this jersey framed and never wear again? Thank you for your imput.

no, wear it. i am wearing mine right now. when the redskins blow another 2nd half lead, you can look down at your jersey and realize there are more important things in life.

Hog

Postby absinthe1023 » Tue Nov 27, 2007 2:45 pm

I possess no words to adequately describe this senseless event. I can't even begin to fathom the pain this young man's family is enduring. I found the words below somewhat comforting, hopefully some of you will as well....

From "To An Athlete Dying Young", A.E. Housman:

Smart lad, to slip betimes away
From fields where glory does not stay,
And early though the laurel grows
It withers quicker than the rose.

Eyes the shady night has shut
Cannot see the record cut,
And silence sounds no worse than cheers
After earth has stopped the ears:

Now you will not swell the rout
Of lads that wore their honours out,
Runners whom renown outran
And the name died before the man.

From "Parabola", Maynard James Keenan:

Remember. We are eternal, all this pain is an illusion.

Godspeed, Sean Taylor

piglet

Postby sirjin » Tue Nov 27, 2007 2:46 pm

Sorry to hear about this horrible news. May he Rest in Peace. My condolences to the Redskins nation.

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Tue Nov 27, 2007 3:56 pm

..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

~~

Postby REDEEMEDSKIN » Tue Nov 27, 2007 4:08 pm

Thanks for sharing that. I encourage others to sign. :up:
Back and better than ever!

swine

Postby Aqua4Ever04 » Tue Nov 27, 2007 4:38 pm

I too am deeply sadend by this news. Awful, just awful. Words can't begine to describe my frustration when a person loses their life because of something so stupid or unecessary. Terrible day for the entire NFL.

My condolences to the Taylor family and you Skins fans. I've slowly grown a liking to the Skins after they beat us on opening day and I've been rooting for them to beat the Cowgirls, the Iggles and the Eli INT's.

Sorry, guys.

swine

Postby Redskins913 » Tue Nov 27, 2007 4:39 pm

One of the most popular Skins, he gave us hope for the future and a reason to tune in on Sundays. He was going to be the greatest safety in Redskins history. God bless you and your family Sean Taylor, and thank you for the memories.

.:Tears:.

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Tue Nov 27, 2007 6:51 pm

I'll tell you what pisses me off...

The media and DC LOCAL MEDIA AT THAT, saying that they've gotten to know Sean within the past 48 hours.

Thats really all that can be said in this PG forum...
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

Return to Sean Taylor Tribute