Sean Taylor RIP

In memory of Sean Taylor. Please post all thoughts, well-wishes and prayers here.
Hog

RIP Sean

Postby BadgerKing » Tue Nov 27, 2007 6:48 am

This is so horrible I just can't take it all in. No rants at the team for the rest of the season, football means nothing now. This is our family and we have lost a dear brother. Blessings
To live in the hearts we leave behind is not to die." ~ Thomas Campbell

Hog

Postby ChocolateMilk » Tue Nov 27, 2007 6:49 am

Rest in peace Sean.
R.I.P. Sean Taylor

You will be missed, but never forgotten

Postby JayCutler4MVP!!! » Tue Nov 27, 2007 6:50 am

RIP Sean.

I'm a big Broncos fan and I know what it feels like to lose a player.

I always liked Sean when he was at the U and with the Skins.
Him and Portis were great friends as well.

Tough tough loss.

I will pray for the Taylor family and the Skins organization.

RIP

Pursuer of Justice

Postby Justice Hog » Tue Nov 27, 2007 6:51 am

Very very sad. R.I.P. Sean.

My heart and prayers go out to his family, and the Redskins players that were very close to him.

On the bright side, he is now in a much much better/happier place.

A place where the Redskins team he is playing on kicks the crap out of the Cowboys by 40+ points each and every time they play!

You'll be missed, Sean.

I can only hope right now that they catch the person who did this and prosecute him to the fullest extent of the law.
Fran Farren
"Justice Hog"

Newark, DE

6th person to join the "new THN message boards"

Section 341, Row 8, Seats #15 & #16

"Justice that love gives is a surrender, justice that law gives is a punishment."
-Mohandas Gandhi

Hog

Postby Kruncher » Tue Nov 27, 2007 6:55 am

I am truly saddened to here that Sean Taylor passed away.

Rest In Peace Sean

SCskinsFan

Postby SCSkinsFan » Tue Nov 27, 2007 6:59 am

Posted at 6:02 AM ET, 11/27/2007

Sean Taylor Has Passed Away

Sean Taylor did not make it through the night according to his lawyer, Richard Sharpstein.

He passed away early this morning, Sharpstein said, although he did not know the exact time of death at this point. Sharpstein said he spoke with Pedro Taylor, Sean;s father, within the hour and learned of the news then.

"He's gone, Sean didn't make it through the night," Sharpstein said, calling his death following a gunshot wound during a home invasion in South Florida Monday, "a ridiculous, unnecessary tragedy."

Sharpstein said Taylor's blood loss was a huge factor in his passing.

"When he got to hospital there was severe, profuse bleeding that could not really be stopped, only curbed a bit," Sharpstein said, praising the work of first-arrivers and those at the trauma center where they tried to keep Taylor alive. "But when they called for the helicopter, now things are already way down the road."

Sharpstein said doctors remained guarded through the night. "Because of the amount of blood he lost, it looked bleak from the beginning," Sharpstein said. Even after Taylor grabbed the finger of a doctor when instructed to late Monday afternoon., Sharpstein said he "never fully regaining responsiveness and consciousness.":

"The doctors are saying when he grabbed a hand it could have been a reflex, it could have been a twitch, it could have been anything," Sharpstein said. "It could have been his way of saying goodbye. He just could not make it through the night. It's another example in this world, in this country and in this city of senseless violence and the tragic waste of a young life."

Taylor was in the prime of his career, in this his fourth NFL season. He was engaged to be married and leaves behind a daughter, Jackie, who is 18-months old, and an organization that will deeply mourn his passing for years to come.

Truly sad news and a sad situation. This is just hard to accept, but our thoughts and prayers need to go out to his family. Our own troubles seem small compared to what his family is dealing with.
Skins fan Stuck in Panther land

Hog

Postby floridaskinsfan » Tue Nov 27, 2007 6:59 am

What a tragedy. Best wishes to his family and friends. I can't believe this could happen. God bless you Sean and rest in peace

cappster

Postby Cappster » Tue Nov 27, 2007 7:07 am

This goes to show how your life can change in an instant. My prayers go out to Taylor's family. May Sean RIP and may his soul be with the Lord.
Sapphire AMD Radeon R9 280x, FTW!

Hog Bowl II Champion (2010)

swine

Postby Judge » Tue Nov 27, 2007 7:22 am

My heart breaks for his family and friends. And I am very sad for the Redskins players and staff, and for all the fans of the team.

God rest your soul, Sean Taylor. You'll be sorely missed and I promise you'll never be forgotten.

Fire in the Sky

Postby SkinsFreak » Tue Nov 27, 2007 7:23 am

I can't put into words the sorrow and anger I'm feeling right now. I got out of bed and scrambled to the TV in hopes of hearing some good news on Sean. I got the worst news possible. Sean was easily my favorite Redskin. This is so sad.

We love you Sean, you will be missed by all. RIP, my friend.

piggie

Postby MossIsBoss88 » Tue Nov 27, 2007 7:26 am

JayCutler4MVP!!! wrote:RIP Sean.

I'm a big Broncos fan and I know what it feels like to lose a player.

I always liked Sean when he was at the U and with the Skins.
Him and Portis were great friends as well.

Tough tough loss.

I will pray for the Taylor family and the Skins organization.

RIP

Thanks, man. I just want to reiterate how much we appreciate fans and players of other teams to support Sean and his family, including his team, the redskins.
There are only two teams I root for in the NFL. The Skins, and whoever is playing Dallas.

It's okay that we drafted a Landry. After this season, the crygirls will have a new association with that name.

aka Evil Hog

Postby hailskins666 » Tue Nov 27, 2007 7:30 am

:cry: damn. doesn't seem real.
THN's resident jerk.

Glock .40 Model 22 - First* line of home defense.... 'ADT' is for liberals.

+++

Postby NikiH » Tue Nov 27, 2007 7:31 am

We loved you Sean and my heart is broken that he was stolen from us and his family. I hope the police catch those responsible.
Whenever I start to get blue, I just breathe!

My favortie line from the Simpsons:

Flanders: "Looks like someone is having a pre-rapture party!"

Homer: "No Flanders, it's a meeting of gay witches for abortion , you wouldn't be interested!"

Hog

Words of comfort

Postby BadgerKing » Tue Nov 27, 2007 7:31 am

When you are sorrowful
look into your heart
and you shall see that
you are weeping
for that which has been
your delight

~ Kahlil Gibran

Lets rejoice in how we knew number 21. We weep because he was all passion and fury on the field, he was our warrior. Forever a Redskin
To live in the hearts we leave behind is not to die." ~ Thomas Campbell

Skins History Buff

Postby welch » Tue Nov 27, 2007 7:34 am

Too soon gone, too soon gone

Return to Sean Taylor Tribute