Sean Taylor RIP

In memory of Sean Taylor. Please post all thoughts, well-wishes and prayers here.
Hog

Postby (d)oink » Wed Nov 28, 2007 1:20 am

I've been a redskin fan since the late 70's. Now, with a wife, a daughter (13) and two sons (10 and 5) we're all fans. We are either preparing for the next game, watching the current game, or talking about the last game. It is one thing that we all enjoy together. Tonight during sportcenter I turned to my 10 year old son and told him I heard Portis was going to wear #21. His eyes got huge and he said "Really?!"

Then his eyes got wet and he said "I hope he wears it forever"

I had to look away from him at that point.

Prayers to S.T. and his family.

Hail.
What the....

Hog

Postby SirSmizzy » Wed Nov 28, 2007 2:32 am

What a terrible story. My heart goes out to the family of Sean Taylor. I'm not a Redskins fan but I loved the way this kid played the game from way back and I am truely sorry and heartbroken over this.

I'm gonna use this wallpaper for the reest of the season in tribute. Thanks for making it.

All of JetNation is sorry for your loss. It's a complete tragedy his little girl will never get to know her father.

RIP Sean.... I can only hope and pray your crime does not go unpunished.
Welcome Home Coles

Hog

Postby DaRealistJoka » Wed Nov 28, 2007 7:19 am

I really dont know what to say, Sean I love u bro, you was my favorite player in the NFL. May GOd bless your family,Friends and Redskins Organization.

I remember on draft day I was jumping up and down when I heard your name. RIP Sean love ya
DaRealist Fan
R.I.P Sean Taylor

Fire in the Sky

Postby SkinsFreak » Wed Nov 28, 2007 7:05 pm

You know, it just doesn't seem fair, losing someone so young with so much potential.

Much like the rest of you, I've had to go on with my life, work, family, etc... the past two days. Quite often, while working or doing whatever, I seem to space out a bit and think to myself... damn, Sean Taylor is no longer with us, he's really gone. It's a tough pill to swallow and extremely difficult to comprehend, even just being a fan. So, so sad and senseless.

Now that Sean is in a better place, I really hope he knows how much he was loved and appreciated by millions and how much he'll be missed.

God bless ya, Sean.

piggie

Postby Britskin » Wed Nov 28, 2007 7:22 pm

Sorry I have been so long in adding my thoughts - I`ve been away for several days and heard the news in a hotel room. Sean you were a special - actually, extra special football player and I was so looking forward to seeing you develop into one of the greatest Redskins of all time. Whereever you are now I thank you for the player you were and hope that something of you will live with the Redskins for always. I believe it will.

God be with you and yours - you`ll always be with us.
Lets go Redskins !

#######

Postby The Hogster » Wed Nov 28, 2007 9:30 pm

Horribly sad event. Just check my avatar to see who has been my favorite player for the last 4 years. I have followed Sean and the Skins since he was at Miami. I remember seeing him catch 2 interceptions in the National Title game. I then watched us draft him, and watched him catch 2 interceptions (if i remember) in his first action in his first pre-season game.

From there, he has grown into a potential Hall of Fame player and a great person. I can only imagine what another 4 years would have brought for him.

I've cried real tears for Sean. I felt like I knew him. A true tragedy.
SPIT HAPPENS!!

Hog

Someone find a way to continue the legacy

Postby PMG12569 » Thu Nov 29, 2007 12:02 am

I cant recall how many time just sitting on my computer i would go to youtube and just watch Sean Taylor Videos for hours. I would show my friends who didnt even watch football and even they would be blown away. I dont know who would have the means to do this but I would love a Tribute DVD of Sean Taylor of all his highlights from U of Miami to Two weeks ago against Philly. I know we cannot capture that man he was with such a thing, but at least we can capture on the player he was. All i know is when I have kids I want to have something to show them, something to show why i loved this player, and what he meant to this organization, to show the heart and determination, how a pro-bowl safety played punt coverage and special teams. He showed what a football player ought-to-be. I have heard that eventually their might be a scholarship program in his name or maybe for his daughter. I think it would be excellent someone could sell these DVDs and contribute 100% of that profit to that fund.

Hog

Postby LOSTHOG » Thu Nov 29, 2007 8:56 am

here is a video that is on myspace now. I don't know if it's released everywhere else or not.
http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea ... d=22969966

Hog

First play

Postby THE RAM » Thu Nov 29, 2007 6:30 pm

On sunday the first play on defense the Redskins should play it with 10 players

Hog

Re: First play

Postby roybus14 » Thu Nov 29, 2007 7:04 pm

THE RAM wrote:On sunday the first play on defense the Redskins should play it with 10 players

Excellent idea. To take it a few steps further....

Coordinate with Buffalo's offense to line up just as the play clock started;

We line up all of our guys except for Sean's position;

Have Landry lay a circular cutout of a burgundy and gold ribbon with the #21 on it in Sean's position;

Have everybody in position and hold it long enough so that everyone could see it including an aerial shot;

Then call timeout before the play clock ran out so that Buffalo wouldn't lose the play;

Then the defense come together in a huddle around the cut-out and point to the sky;
Sean Taylor - 1983-2007 R.I.P.... Forever A Skin.....

Hog

Postby THE RAM » Thu Nov 29, 2007 7:14 pm

Excellent idea. To take it a few steps further....

Have Landry lay a circular cutout of a burgundy and gold ribbon with the #21 on it in Sean's position;

Have everybody in position and hold it long enough so that everyone could see it including an aerial shot;

Then call timeout before the play clock ran out so that Buffalo wouldn't lose the play;

Then the defense come together in a huddle around the cut-out and point to the sky;

What?????????

-------

Postby RedskinsFreak » Thu Nov 29, 2007 7:15 pm

I like the idea ... especially the part where it doesn't cost the Bills anything -- a snap, yards, a timeout, etc.
***** Hail To The Redskins!!! *****

BA + MS = A New Beginning

...unadulterated

Postby Hoss » Thu Nov 29, 2007 7:32 pm

Or the Bills get called for a delay of game and the skins decline, this way no penalties, no time outs.
People may not remember exactly what you did
or what you said....

~BUT~
they will ALWAYS remember how you made them feel.

Hog

Postby roybus14 » Thu Nov 29, 2007 10:16 pm

THE RAM wrote:Excellent idea. To take it a few steps further....

What?????????

A couple of people get it.....

Okay, imagine a regular play in a game. Now freeze it just before the ball is snapped. Notice all the players are in position to go on the snap. With that picture in your mind, imagine where Sean would be lined up. Okay, now; instead of Sean being there, there is a large circular shield or banner that has a burgundy and gold ribbon with the #21 on it lying on the ground.

The fans see what is happening, everyone on t.v. see what is happening and any aerial shots see what is happening. It's this defense and this team's tribute to Sean. Now unfreeze it. The Bills don't snap the ball and take the delay of game penalty and we decline it or we call timeout just before the game clock runs out.

Then all of our defensive starters that are on the field gather around that shield and point to the sky in tribute to Sean. After that brief on field tribute, one of the players picks up the banner and takes it to the sideline for all of the people in the Skins organization to sign and send to his family after the game....
Sean Taylor - 1983-2007 R.I.P.... Forever A Skin.....

Hog

Postby BearSkins » Sat Dec 01, 2007 12:20 pm

I've been working 12hr shifts all week long and have been unable to be online and post here but I wanted now to add my condolonces to Taylor's family and all Redskins fans everywhere.

I feel like I want to say something profound or meaningful but at times like this what good can words do? Not much. Life simply isn't supposed to be this way.

RIP Sean Taylor. You will not be forgotten.
It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom – for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.

Return to Sean Taylor Tribute