Sean Taylor RIP

In memory of Sean Taylor. Please post all thoughts, well-wishes and prayers here.
Fire in the Sky

Postby SkinsFreak » Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:23 am

I feel the Skins should retire jersey #21 in honor of Sean. My 2 cents

Hog

Postby skins2357 » Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:23 am

Sean will be misssed. Great player and a kid who had grown up alot during his time with the redskins. 24 is too young for anyone. I never met him in person but I fel like I just lost a family member. I will miss Sean and I for one hope and expect that his number will be retired and that his legacy as a fan favorite and a warrior on the field will always be remembered. This is not about a football player, but a 24 year old young man who has been lost, a father who has been lost, a future husband, son and friend. As a born again christian, I pray for Seans soul and that he had a relationship with the Lord and that he is with him now. RIP Sean, you will be missed and forever remembered.

Hog

Postby doeslammer » Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:27 am

R.I.P Sean Taylor
Too many times a life is taken for no reason and it destroys family and friends. You will be missed as a great person and a great redskin. You are in heaven know lookin over us. I am deeply sorry for this tragedy.

Brown in the Hall

Postby NC43Hog » Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:31 am

After such encouraging news last night . . . saw the news on ESPN and just expelled NOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Tragic, just senseless and tragic. As bad as I feel right now, it pales in comparision to what his family and teammates are going through.

Saddest day I have had as a Redskin fan.

Here's to you Sean - what you were and what you could have been.

R.I.P.
"Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son." - Dean Wormer

Hog

Postby Charm City Sports » Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:33 am

When I went to bed, I was upbeat. I felt better than I did all day.

My wife woke me up about an hour ago to tell me.

Funny... she told me like I lost a family member.

Because I did, we all did.

I can honestly say that this is the toughest loss since my father passed.

This is going to make watching the rest of the season so tough. Not because of the way it has been going, because of the void that will be left in our hearts.

I am going through such a range of emotions. I am hurt, and I am so angry that ST was taken from us.

RIP Sean. RIP.

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:33 am

I think that Taylors number should be retired, his name enshrined in the ring of fame and that Clinton Portis wear #21 this Sunday if he is emotionally well enough to play. I'm going to do my best to get to that game.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

Postby dunedindawg » Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:35 am

I wanted to stop in and give my condolences to you all. I have admired Sean Taylor's football skills since he was in college and knew the Browns could not go wrong with him or Winslow. Such a shame, may he rest in peace.

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:36 am

My favorite Redskin, taken from us.. R.I.P. Sean Taylor, I'll never forget what you did for my team and you'll ALWAYS be MY Redskin for life. Hit um hard in Heaven when you playing the big field dawg. All my prayers are with your family.

:cry:

^^^^^^^^

Postby Gibbs' Hog » Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:36 am

Damnit. I just heard on the radio. I was so optimistic too after hearing about his "improvement" last night. Ugh, this is sickening. :(

RIP ST :cry:

Site Admin

Postby admin » Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:37 am

Senseless.

What a loss.

You'll be missed greatly, rest in peace Sean.

Postby JPFair » Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:39 am

May he rest in peace!

This is a tragedy beyond words!
Sit back and watch the Redskins.

SOMETHING MAGICAL IS ABOUT TO BEGIN!

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:39 am

Chris Luva Luva wrote:I think that Taylors number should be retired, his name enshrined in the ring of fame and that Clinton Portis wear #21 this Sunday if he is emotionally well enough to play. I'm going to do my best to get to that game.

True CLL, True!!! I just ordered my S. Taylor jersey to hang up on the wall, I'll wear it 1 year from today and every year after.

+++++++++

Postby Skinsfan55 » Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:44 am

I can't believe he died, the news sounded so positive last night.

This is so unfair, not just because he's too young to die, or because he was cut down in the prime of his life, or even because he's a good person.

It's so unfair because he was shot inside his own home.

He wasn't out as a strip club, he wasn't involved in an altercation... he was in his own house woken by an intruder.

If there is a silver lining to be found in this, it's that Sean most likely went into shock almost immediately and didn't feel much pain.

Rest in peace Sean, you'll be missed by your family, friends and the legion of fans who wanted to see you be named as one of the best ever someday.
"Guess [Ryan Kerrigan] really does have a good motor. And is relentless. And never quits on a play. And just keeps coming. And probably eats Wheaties and drinks Apple Pie smoothies and shaves with Valvoline." -Dan Steinberg DC Sports Bog

Fire in the Sky

Postby SkinsFreak » Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:45 am

Chris Luva Luva wrote:I think that Taylors number should be retired, his name enshrined in the ring of fame and that Clinton Portis wear #21 this Sunday if he is emotionally well enough to play. I'm going to do my best to get to that game.

I'm with ya, Chris. Not even sure how the team can emotionally pull together to play a game this weekend. Portis wearing #21 in honor of Sean is a cool idea. I'm sure there will be some kind of vigil and tribute at Fed Ex Field on Sunday. Wish I could be there.

Hog

Postby WuSkinsFan » Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:45 am

I am so upset I barely know what to say. Such a senseless death. My heart is broken for Sean and his family.

I too believe the Redskins should retire his jersey #. I urge that everybody who shares this belief write the Redskins organization to let them know how important it is to us.
After every game, every play & every highlight, I'll always remember #21. RIP Sean.

Return to Sean Taylor Tribute