Sean Taylor RIP

In memory of Sean Taylor. Please post all thoughts, well-wishes and prayers here.
JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:45 am

Such a long, long time to be gone, and a short time to be there.

RIP Sean.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog

Postby MEZZSKIN » Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:46 am

RIP Sean Taylor. We love you and pray for your Friends , Family and teammates. Saddest day in Redskin History

swine

Postby Ghost of Red Blaik » Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:50 am

Loved him man....was one of my all time favs...

RIP Sean

Postby JPFair » Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:51 am

I'm at a complete loss for words!

I feel sad that such a talented young man in the prime of his life has been taken away. I feel anger at the worthless garbage that is responsible for this heinous crime. I feel disgust at myself for thinking of football while this man was fighting for his life. I feel hearbroken for Gregg Williams, who admired and stood by Sean Taylor through everything, including the naysayers and doubters. I feel humble that I'm still alive in spite of my contant complaining of little things. I feel anger towards God for taking this mans life away from him when he didn't deserve it.

This is despicable, and I'm utterly shocked and saddened. This was senseless and unnecessary!

Sean Taylor, though you may be gone from this Earth, you are not gone from our thoughts, our family, and our lives. This is a time for everyone, friend and foe, to come together and pay homage to an incredibly gifted man who had a lot of good in him!

I don't know what else to say!
Sit back and watch the Redskins.

SOMETHING MAGICAL IS ABOUT TO BEGIN!

tribe
Location: SURF CITY, HB, CALI *** Occasionally flying into a SUPERNOVA

Postby tribeofjudah » Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:52 am

In times like this, people get really down on God. Only God knows our end for the beginning.

Rest in Peace................ God has infinite Mercy. We love you Sean and we will miss you.
Proverbs 27:17 As iron sharpens iron,
so one person sharpens another.

Postby JPFair » Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:56 am

Please, SOMEONE tell me that they have some solid leads as to who is responsible for this senseless act of cowardice? PLEASE?

Sean Taylor did not deserve to die! This is a tragedy of unspeakable proportions. The grief that I'm feeling over this must pale in comparison to the grief that his immediate family and friends must feel.

All I want to do right now is talk about it, yet I'm at a loss for words!
Sit back and watch the Redskins.

SOMETHING MAGICAL IS ABOUT TO BEGIN!

Hog

Postby Kentucky Fried Hog » Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:00 am

Rest in Peace, Sean. You will be greatly missed.
I saw this sign posted once, it said, 'blasting zone ahead'. Wow... shouldn't that read: 'Road Closed'? - Brian Regan

Postby SwingBringsThePain » Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:02 am

JPFair wrote:Please, SOMEONE tell me that they have some solid leads as to who is responsible for this senseless act of cowardice? PLEASE?

Sean Taylor did not deserve to die! This is a tragedy of unspeakable proportions. The grief that I'm feeling over this must pale in comparison to the grief that his immediate family and friends must feel.

All I want to do right now is talk about it, yet I'm at a loss for words!

I don't know anything more than you do, but I'd say there's a STRONG chance that this was not a random assailant who robbed a random (if very large) house and randomly chose to only shoot the man of the house.

Given Sean Taylor's past, I'm sorry to say this, but it's likely this was just the last event in a chain of events involving Taylor. He kept a machete at his bedside for protection. It's not like he had no idea someone could be looking for him. This doesn't excuse the crime. Far from it. May Christ be with the Taylor family.
Shut the hell up.

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:04 am

Mursilis wrote:I'm saddened that a mother and father have lost a son, a bride has lost a groom, and a child has lost her father. Those things can't be replaced.

RIP #21.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

words escape me - RIP ST
We are very fortunate to have Kirk Cousins but Griffin has a huge upside IMO

Robert needs to continue to get better and to do that he needs time on the field - hopefully sooner than later

HAIL

Week 2 - 17-15

Hog

Postby grampi » Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:04 am

Sean was irrepalceable in life and on the field. I feel terrible for his family. It's also sad that it takes the death of a player to pry the sports media away from their constant exclusive coverage of the Cowboys and the Patriots.
Last edited by grampi on Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

swine

Postby Bipolar The Titan » Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:05 am

SwingBringsThePain wrote: May Christ be with the Taylor family.

Swing, it's good to see you here this morning offering your support.

To the Redskin fans I'd like to offer my condolences on your loss. This is truly a terrible thing and it saddens me deeply to think about it. My thoughts are with you and when I am at the Stadium this Sunday I promise that I will be thinking of Taylor and all you guys.

Take care.

Postby SwingBringsThePain » Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:06 am

Bipolar The Titan wrote:
SwingBringsThePain wrote: May Christ be with the Taylor family.

Swing, it's good to see you here this morning offering your support.

To the Redskin fans I'd like to offer my condolences on your loss. This is truly a terrible thing and it saddens me deeply to think about it. My thoughts are with you and when I am at the Stadium this Sunday I promise that I will be thinking of Taylor and all you guys.

Take care.

I liked Taylor. He didn't develop as quickly as Bob Sanders, but i think he was potentially much better.
Shut the hell up.

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:11 am

SwingBringsThePain wrote:I don't know anything more than you do, but I'd say there's a STRONG chance that this was not a random assailant who robbed a random (if very large) house and randomly chose to only shoot the man of the house.

Given Sean Taylor's past, I'm sorry to say this, but it's likely this was just the last event in a chain of events involving Taylor. He kept a machete at his bedside for protection. It's not like he had no idea someone could be looking for him. This doesn't excuse the crime. Far from it. May Christ be with the Taylor family.

I'm sorry, but you didn't know him, and it doesn't appear that you are up to date whatsoever on what was going on in his life, if those are your conclusions.

Speculate if you must, but it would be better to let Redskins fans grieve and have some peace. It was bad enough seeing the way the media covered his injury yesterday. That's the best way you can show some kindness. Thanks.
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

Pushing Paper

Postby PulpExposure » Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:14 am

Unbelievable. So sad.

+++++++++

Postby Skinsfan55 » Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:21 am

One of the hardest things I did this morning was take ST off my Madden rosters...

I know it may not seem like much to some, but it added a kind of reality to it all.

Unlike some I'm going to work today (but I respect people who feel the need to grieve.)

At work I'm going to wear a yellow sweatband I pulled out of my closet this morning that I marked with the number 21 in magic marker. I'd encourage everyone to make some sort of gesture in whatever way they are able.
"Guess [Ryan Kerrigan] really does have a good motor. And is relentless. And never quits on a play. And just keeps coming. And probably eats Wheaties and drinks Apple Pie smoothies and shaves with Valvoline." -Dan Steinberg DC Sports Bog

Return to Sean Taylor Tribute