Condolences to a rival team....

In memory of Sean Taylor. Please post all thoughts, well-wishes and prayers here.

Postby RiverCitySaint » Tue Nov 27, 2007 10:51 pm

Saints fan here.
I just wanted to come by and pay heart felt respects to Taylor's fans and to the Redskins.
Like so many others, my heart broke when I heard the news of yet another young and talented player passing on. It was senseless .
I know how hard it is when one's team goes through a hardship. Just be there for each other and chin up.
I'll keep his family, team, and fans in my thoughts and prayers. Bless you all !

RCS

from SaintsReport.com

Hog

Re: Condolences to a rival team....

Postby Charm City Sports » Tue Nov 27, 2007 11:48 pm

Eagle_Fan619 wrote:The feeling you all have as fans must be gut wrenching. Imagine the pain making its way through the entire Redskin's organization right now. My heart goes out to you ladies and gentlemen who are fans of the Redskins, but most of all my heart goes out to the family and friends of Sean Taylor.

Thank you
Words can't express the loss I feel in my heart.

R.I.P. # 21

We will always remember you.

Sean Taylor was known for his hard hits.

His hardest hit will always be the day that he was taken from us.

Hog

Re: Condolences to a rival team....

Postby por-tiz2skins » Tue Nov 27, 2007 11:50 pm

Eagle_Fan619 wrote:The feeling you all have as fans must be gut wrenching. Imagine the pain making its way through the entire Redskin's organization right now. My heart goes out to you ladies and gentlemen who are fans of the Redskins, but most of all my heart goes out to the family and friends of Sean Taylor.
Thank you for your kindness.
R.I.P

Sean Taylor-21#
Greatest safety ever and the most feared hardest hitting safety ever.

"I swear I'll Honor the number 21#"

-Clinton Portis

Hog

Postby forskins » Wed Nov 28, 2007 5:21 am

In my line of work in the last 6 monthes, I've had to deal with death of comrades on a fairly regular basis. None is ever easy, whether I know them personally or not. The thought that crosses my mind most often is the family that is left behind and that is my prayer today for the family of Sean.

I also feel for you guys as fans. Even though you are rivals, I admit you are still a classy bunch. The TO overdose incident last year as example. During the initial phases you guys actually showed a respect that kind of took me by surprise. In fact, I was fairly upset at my usual Cowboys forum for some of the rude comments. For that, you guys will always have my respect as a fellow football fans.

Now, when our teams get back on the field against each other. Sorry, No Love then! 8)

Seriously guys, this is a tough time for you all and if it's any comfort that one Cowboy fan has your back, then you've got it. Some things are bigger then a rivalry.
Chris Luva Luva wrote:

Underneath of their star and behind our battle paint, we're both fans of the game.

piggie

Postby Secondary_Chaos » Wed Nov 28, 2007 6:26 am

Thanks to all fans out there who are showing their support during this tough time. This is what makes me proud to be a fan. The passion and comraderie between sports fans means the world. All of our thoughts and prayers are with the Taylor family and their friends...
RIP #21

~~

Postby REDEEMEDSKIN » Wed Nov 28, 2007 8:49 am

Thank you for the kind words. Earlier, I read that Eagles fans had done some classless posting on another forum.

Your coming onto this site to pay respects speaks volumes. Again, thanks.
Back and better than ever!

Hog

Postby MEZZSKIN » Wed Nov 28, 2007 10:32 am

Thank you to all the fans...its been great.

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Wed Nov 28, 2007 10:44 am

Hoss wrote:One thing that has helped me today is the way other fans have reached out to us. This is something that I am grateful for and will always remember.

Thank you all.

Yea Hoss, its great to see everyone unite as human beings. Thanks to all fans of other teams, I pray none of you have to go through this crap.

Postby Phillyfan1977 » Wed Nov 28, 2007 2:58 pm

Another Eagle fan here.

Although it was a different circumstance / happened during the offseason, I remember how it felt back in June of 1992 when I heard the news of Jerome Brown passing after he was invlolved in a car accident. As an Eagle fan it was one of the most depressing and sad days I can remember.

My sympathys to his family, friends, teammates and the Redskin fans. The fans hurt in a unique way because we emotionally attach ourselves to the players on our favorite teams. I understand your pain.

I saw a thread encouraging a vote for Sean Taylor for the Pro-Bowl. He's got my vote. He was a hell of a safety.

RIP Sean Taylor

Return to Sean Taylor Tribute