Three Detained in Taylor Investigation

In memory of Sean Taylor. Please post all thoughts, well-wishes and prayers here.
Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Fri Nov 30, 2007 5:08 pm

JSPB22 wrote:
1niksder wrote:Taylor's dad is speaking about this now on ESPN

I'm seeing "Around the Horn" and they're talking about last night's game.

My Bad ESPNN but they had audio problems and went away from it. :cry:
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

ch1

Postby crazyhorse1 » Fri Nov 30, 2007 6:02 pm

A damn bunch of kids. Jesus Chirist! Idiots! Friggin Idiots!

Hog

Postby MEZZSKIN » Fri Nov 30, 2007 6:07 pm

SO SAD..Kids that will proably regret there stupidity in like 2 hourss...but their remorsefullness will never bring Sean back

Hog

Postby Charm City Sports » Fri Nov 30, 2007 6:12 pm

BREAKING

http://www.winknews.com/news/local/11969961.html#.

THEY NOW HAVE VIDEO OF TWO SUSPECTS AND THE NAME OF ONE.
17 YEAR OLD KID THAT LOOKS LIKE SIDESHOW BOB.

Taylor's siblings may have been involved

Story Updated: Nov 30, 2007 at 5:23 PM EST

Lee County, Fla. - Detectives from the Miami-Dade Police Department have informed WINK News that Sean Taylor's brother and sister may have been involved in the NFL star's home burglary.

Authorities say Taylor gave money to his brother and sister. They, in turn, shared the wealth with suspects now detained in connection with the case. Officials also believe Taylor's brother and sister may have bragged about the large amount of wealth inside his Miami home.

Four suspects are currently detained, but others, possibly from the Lehigh Acres area, may be involved.

Six Miami detectives are in Fort Myers working the case, along with Florida Department of Law Enforcement agents.
Last edited by Charm City Sports on Fri Nov 30, 2007 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Words can't express the loss I feel in my heart.

R.I.P. # 21

We will always remember you.

Sean Taylor was known for his hard hits.

His hardest hit will always be the day that he was taken from us.

Hog

Postby GSPODS » Fri Nov 30, 2007 6:23 pm

This story means nothing as written.
Almost everyone knows who the "haves" and who the "have-nots" are. Almost everyone knew Sean Taylor was one of the "haves". Simply telling someone how much someone has or is worth is not a crime. Telling someone where the home is also fails the litmus test.

If there is some evidence at some point in time suggesting that the discussion involved something criminal it will be worth noting.

My 2 cents

Fire in the Sky

Postby SkinsFreak » Fri Nov 30, 2007 7:12 pm

7:05 PM EST

The local news here in South Florida is just now reporting that 4 suspects are currently in custody and a manhunt is underway for possibly 2 or 3 more suspects. They are also reporting the possible connection to Sean's sister and brother, who are or were living in the Fort Myers area. (I live in Naples, about 20 miles south of Fort Myers)

The local news is also reporting, although not yet confirmed by the police, that sources inside the department are saying that the shooter has confessed.

#######

Postby The Hogster » Fri Nov 30, 2007 7:43 pm

How senseless and stupid. I wonder how the brother and sister will be greeted at the funeral. What idiots.
SPIT HAPPENS!!

piglet

Postby hermitkid » Fri Nov 30, 2007 7:47 pm

GSPODS wrote:Telling someone where the home is also fails the litmus test.

If there is some evidence at some point in time suggesting that the discussion involved something criminal it will be worth noting.

My 2 cents

According to the Miami Herald the suspects were at Sean Taylors house before, attending a birthday party thrown for Sean's sister Sasha Johnson.

If the suspects were in fact involved in the incident the kids deserve what they have coming to them. At the same time it's a tragedy in by itself that yet more young lifes will be wasted in the aftermath.

Hog

Postby GSPODS » Fri Nov 30, 2007 8:09 pm

hermitkid wrote:
GSPODS wrote:Telling someone where the home is also fails the litmus test.

My 2 cents

According to the Miami Herald the suspects were at Sean Taylors house before, attending a birthday party thrown for Sean's sister Sasha Johnson.

If the suspects were in fact involved in the incident the kids deserve what they have coming to them. At the same time it's a tragedy in by itself that yet more young lifes will be wasted in the aftermath.

Even if the Herald report is accurate, it does not prove criminal intent on the part of Sean's sister in the legal sense. Legally speaking, in order to be charged with a crime a suspect must meet four criteria beyond a reasonable doubt: the act must be voluntary, the act must be of culpable intent (legally referred to as "mens rea", meaning guilty mind), the intent and the act must be in concurrence, and the intent and the act must be the cause of harm.

While the suspects in custody may very well meet all four criteria, there is no public evidence yet that the sister or other family meets the criteria. Just because I've been to my sister's house doesn't mean I intend to break and enter when I think she's away from home with the intention of burglary and theft while carrying a deadly weapon.

My 2 cents

Hog

Postby nnskinsfan » Fri Nov 30, 2007 8:28 pm

ESPN was just saying a couple of the people might have confessed or something to that effect. Has anyone else heard that?

Edit: Nevermind, see someone already mentioned that as well.

-------

Postby RedskinsFreak » Fri Nov 30, 2007 8:30 pm

Herald is now reporting that arrest warrants are imminent -- and that news might come forth at tonight's press conference.
***** Hail To The Redskins!!! *****

BA + MS = A New Beginning

-------

Postby RedskinsFreak » Fri Nov 30, 2007 8:40 pm

ESPN News has live press conference -- four people have been arrested.

Police chief says intruders expected an empty residence ... absolutely none of this "boyz from the old hood exacting some pent-up vengeance" that the conspiracy theorists have spewed.

Hog

Postby GSPODS » Fri Nov 30, 2007 8:49 pm

MIAMI, Florida (CNN) -- Four people have been detained and are being questioned in connection with the shooting death of NFL player Sean Taylor, Miami-Dade Police announced Friday evening.

While not saying whether they are suspects in the case, police said all four had been inside Taylor's home in the past. They would not elaborate.

Earlier, police said there was an ongoing operation in Fort Myers, Florida, about 118 miles from Miami, and that it might be connected to the case.

The words "arrested" or "charged" do not appear anywhere in this statement. I was detained once when the crapper was out of toilet paper and I questioned if there was any in the next stall.

Hog

Postby GSPODS » Fri Nov 30, 2007 9:04 pm

MIAMI - The Miami-Dade Police Department arrested four people Friday and charged them with murder in connection with the fatal shooting of Washington Redskins star Sean Taylor.

Police spokeswoman Linda O'Brien identified the men as: Venjah K. Hunte, 20; Eric Rivera Jr., 17; Jason Scott Mitchell, 17; and Charles Kendrick Lee Wardlow, 18.

-------

Postby RedskinsFreak » Fri Nov 30, 2007 9:08 pm

A very law/technical question here:

Doesn't 'murder' involve some level of premeditation ... which wouldn't so much be the case if they went into what they thought would be an unoccupied house?

Don't get me wrong, these individuals deserve every last thing coming to them .... I'm just trying to understand what does and doesn't constitute murder, as opposed to manslaughter, etc.

Return to Sean Taylor Tribute