Three Detained in Taylor Investigation

In memory of Sean Taylor. Please post all thoughts, well-wishes and prayers here.
^^^^^

Postby patjam77 » Sat Dec 01, 2007 1:20 am

This is just sickening... I don't know what's worse, someone going into the house with tntention of killing him or these guys not knowing he was home and then just randomly firing some shots and running away like cowards. This is sick people. When does this senseless violence stop. when will we all learn to respect each other and value each others lives?
I haven't posted in a day or two becauseI am just totally numb. At first I found it odd to be so upset over someone I would never now personally, but every sunday i watch these guys and I loved watched Taylor. I guess we become just so attached to these players that send our emotions on a roller coaster.
It's still so sad to think what is truly lost by 1 of these jerks pulling a trigger while running away. why pull the damn trigger? just get the hell out!!! ugh
it's unfathomable
May #21 never be worn again by another Redskin but may every Redskin play like they are wearing #21 on their backs.

Skins History Buff

Postby welch » Sat Dec 01, 2007 1:25 am

Canesskins said
Why would that eliminate burglary as a motive? Perhaps they panicked after shooting Sean and just tried to get out of there are fast as they could. Perhaps their was another motive but I don't think that we enough information to be drawing that conclusion.

Seems reasonable that it was a burglary with guns. Burglars ran when they shot someone.

Until anything else is revealed -- by police, rather than "investigative" reporters, I am persuaded by the simplest explanation. And even less impressed by Post reporters who wrote their slanderous fantasies in the same paragraphs in which they argued that no one could know yet what had happened.

Meanwhile, I think I'll get back to remembering Taylor, and thinking about the Bills game, and the rest of the season.

#######

Postby The Hogster » Sat Dec 01, 2007 2:32 am

Those pages are horribly ghetto, and downright embarassing. If you go on the ugly light skinned guys page, the first friend is one of the other suspects....who is a "rapper"...all of his raps are eerily predictive of what happened. All he talks about is robbing people and shooting somebody with money.
SPIT HAPPENS!!

Hog

Postby jeremyroyce » Sat Dec 01, 2007 3:20 am

I am really disgusted that these people would be so jealous that they would kill someone. I don't care if thats their intentions or not the fact is they took someones life and now he is gone all because of what? Wealth? Get off your butt and earn a living.

Hog

Postby GSPODS » Sat Dec 01, 2007 6:51 am

If you have neither the time nor the inclination to read the Statutes, here is the summary:

Florida has a mandatory 10-20-LIFE law. Possession of a weapon during a crime is a minimum 10 year sentence, firing the weapon is a minimum 20 year sentence, shooting a victim, murder or not, is a mandatory life sentence.

Conspiracy to commit a crime carries the same sentence as the commission of the crime.

Armed Burglary carries a maximum life sentence. Aggravated armed burglary carries a minimum life sentence.

If anyone cares to read the Florida Revised Statutes regarding the charges or possible charges against the defendants, here is the link:

http://www.leg.state.fl.us/Statutes/ind ... #TitleXLVI

TITLE XLVI CRIMES Ch.775-896
Chapter 782 HOMICIDE
Chapter 784 ASSAULT; BATTERY;
Chapter 790 WEAPONS AND FIREARMS
Chapter 810 BURGLARY AND TRESPASS
Chapter 812 THEFT, ROBBERY, AND RELATED CRIMES

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Sat Dec 01, 2007 7:52 am

I was struck most by the books that he likes, 'I hate all books.'

That would be why you turned into an illiterate pile of dung.

Mind you... it is a lot easier on the psyche to say, 'I hate books', than to say, 'I can't read'

Does anybosy else find it sickening that you can STILL FIND THEIR MYSPACE PAGES.

Like I needed another excuse to never set foot in the mySpace world... if the complete lack of substance isn't enough, and the potential harm to your computer in the form of spyware and adware still isn't, then glorifying a senseless murder by keeping these punks' pages up certainly should be plenty.

My 2 cents
Sean Taylor was one of a kind, may he rest in peace.

Hog

Postby GSPODS » Sat Dec 01, 2007 7:56 am

BossHog wrote:I was struck most by the books that he likes, 'I hate all books.'

That would be why you turned into an illiterate pile of dung.

Mind you... it is a lot easier on the psyche to say, 'I hate books', than to say, 'I can't read'

Does anybosy else find it sickening that you can STILL FIND THEIR MYSPACE PAGES.

Like I needed another excuse to never set foot in the mySpace world... if the complete lack of substance isn't enough, and the potential harm to your computer in the form of spyware and adware still isn't, then glorifying a senseless murder by keeping these punks' pages up certainly should be plenty.

My 2 cents

This is slightly off-topic but I had a client once who had me file a lawsuit against myspace because someone had posted "distorted" pictures of her minor daughter on the myspace page. Like many public access websites, myspace cares only about the number of hits until they are forced to care about the content posted.

Fire in the Sky

Postby SkinsFreak » Sat Dec 01, 2007 8:26 am

The local news here in Florida is reporting this morning that 3 of the 4 suspects have confessed.

It appears the police have moved quickly on this and I'm very happy to see arrests made in this case. But the loss of Sean is still overwhelming. I guess I'm saying that the successful prosecution of these idiots will still not offset the loss of Sean. I do hope the judge and jury give these fools the maximum penalty possible.

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Sat Dec 01, 2007 12:07 pm

GSPODS wrote:If you have neither the time nor the inclination to read the Statutes, here is the summary:

Florida has a mandatory 10-20-LIFE law. Possession of a weapon during a crime is a minimum 10 year sentence, firing the weapon is a minimum 20 year sentence, shooting a victim, murder or not, is a mandatory life sentence.

Conspiracy to commit a crime carries the same sentence as the commission of the crime.

Armed Burglary carries a maximum life sentence. Aggravated armed burglary carries a minimum life sentence.

If anyone cares to read the Florida Revised Statutes regarding the charges or possible charges against the defendants, here is the link:

http://www.leg.state.fl.us/Statutes/ind ... #TitleXLVI

TITLE XLVI CRIMES Ch.775-896
Chapter 782 HOMICIDE
Chapter 784 ASSAULT; BATTERY;
Chapter 790 WEAPONS AND FIREARMS
Chapter 810 BURGLARY AND TRESPASS
Chapter 812 THEFT, ROBBERY, AND RELATED CRIMES

Convicts are fans, too. Sean Taylor was the kind of aggressive, take no prisoner, lay the wood player that would be popular. I'll bet he has a fan or two.

No matter what the court ends up giving for a sentence, I won't be surprised to find that additional, "off the books" punishments have been metted out by other users of the system. (see Jeff Dahlmer).

Yes. That would be just too bad. :roll:
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

Hog

Postby GSPODS » Sat Dec 01, 2007 1:19 pm

We'll have to wait & see what indictments are handed down. I'm sure the media will begin speculating before the actual arraignment. I won't.

What I do know from the FRS is that Florida also has a "Habitual Offender" and a "Habitual Violent Offender" Statute so these four defendants may want to obtain F.F.L. and "Thug Death" tattoos in the near future.

kazoo

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Sat Dec 01, 2007 1:26 pm

I have never understood how this is not premeditated murder.

- They planned (pre-meditated) the robbery
- OK, so they thought no one was home, but they didn't KNOW, which is why they took a GUN.
- He is home, they shoot and kill him.

Which part of that was not "planned" or "reasonably forseeable" consequences of their actions? When you plan a crime, you should be held accountable for ALL consequences of that crime as if you had planned them as well.

I am in no way saying this just over ST either, but it's been my view all along.
Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Proverb: Failure is not falling down. Failure is not getting up again

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

Hog

Postby GSPODS » Sat Dec 01, 2007 1:41 pm

The only question is which charge(s) and lesser included charge(s) the D.A. will include in the indictment. We won't know that until the arraignment, unless anyone wants to make the mistake of believing the media.

On face, prima facie as the legal community says, the D.A. has a case for Aggravated Burglary, which carries the same maximum sentence in Florida as first degree murder.

Considering the evidence as compared with the story of the defendants, breaking down the bedroom door and firing a deadly weapon, as opposed to leaving a home they supposedly thought was unoccupied when they found out otherwise, should negate any claims of second degree murder or manslaughter.

There is no such thing as "panic fire" during the commission of another felony in the statutes. Any argument as such would not stand scrutiny as a viable defense.

My 2 cents

Hog

Postby GSPODS » Sat Dec 01, 2007 1:45 pm

As a side note, I would like JusticeHog to throw his two cents into this discussion. He currently works criminal procedure cases on a daily basis and was formerly a prosecutor. I haven't worked criminal procedure cases in decades, which is why I can only comment on the statutes as written and wait for the charges to be announced in the indictment, like everyone else.

+++++++++

Postby Skinsfan55 » Sat Dec 01, 2007 1:57 pm

A friend of mine, who is from Florida, says that since they committed a murder during the commission of a felony they are all up for the death penalty.
"Guess [Ryan Kerrigan] really does have a good motor. And is relentless. And never quits on a play. And just keeps coming. And probably eats Wheaties and drinks Apple Pie smoothies and shaves with Valvoline." -Dan Steinberg DC Sports Bog

Hog

Postby GSPODS » Sat Dec 01, 2007 2:04 pm

Skinsfan55 wrote:A friend of mine, who is from Florida, says that since they committed a murder during the commission of a felony they are all up for the death penalty.

That was my initial reaction from reading the Florida Revised Statutes I posted earlier in this thread. It does, however, depend on the charges filed. The charge(s) have to carry that maximum penalty. Is your friend an attorney?

Return to Sean Taylor Tribute