Official Who We Should Draft Thread

Put all your thoughts and musings on the 2013 NFL Draft right here! Mocks... profiles... trades... you name it.
Hog

Postby DaRealistJoka » Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:50 am

Haven't been on here in 3 years thought I would start posting again and talk some football. I am excited that the draft is almost here and figured I would post my picks from a mock draft that I have joined on twitter to start conversation. I was fortunate to have the Redskins. #nflukmock (@coach_tf).

2. DJ Swearinger S
3. Robert Alford CB
4. Duke Williams S
5. Mychal Riveria TE
5. Kevin Reddick LB
6. Chad Bumphis WR (Slot)
7. Theo Riddick RB
Last edited by DaRealistJoka on Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
DaRealist Fan
R.I.P Sean Taylor

|||||||

Postby UK Skins Fan » Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:47 pm

Welcome back ;-)

I don't think Swearinger will be there at #51, but I'd love it to happen. Alford and Williams would be solid too - can't fault you for going with those positions at the top. As for the rest, I'm actually scared to google "Bumphis" - there's no telling what may appear.
Also available on Twitter @UKSkinsFan

|||||||

Postby UK Skins Fan » Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:49 pm

Countertrey wrote:No. This FO has demonstrated a remarkable ability to maximize value of picks... they will not waste any just to move up. Our greatest need is the Secondary... and this draft is extremely deep in that area. They will not move up.

Given the depth of the draft in those middle rounds, I wouldn't be surprised if they tried to move DOWN to gain more picks. We've seen Allen and Shanahan being very active on trading down before. It's certainly more likely than trading up in my view.

Hog

Postby DaRealistJoka » Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:56 pm

UK Skins Fan wrote:Welcome back ;-)

I don't think Swearinger will be there at #51, but I'd love it to happen. Alford and Williams would be solid too - can't fault you for going with those positions at the top. As for the rest, I'm actually scared to google "Bumphis" - there's no telling what may appear.

I am not sure either but he was on the board. ( Swearinger). lol I really like Bumphis the more and more I watch film on him. Try draftbreakdown.com Go to videos Great site.
DaRealist Fan
R.I.P Sean Taylor

|||||||

Postby UK Skins Fan » Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:56 pm

Two days to go (three, if we're only interested in the Redskins' picks), and are we any nearer to knowing what might happen? No!

Tyrann Mathieu is one player who I just can't make up my mind about. Would he be worth the risk? I keep reading that Raheem Morris loves the kid (I have seen no quotes to back that up though), and his skill set is a great match for what we need at corner. He's talented and versatile, he hits and creates turnovers, and would be a good fit for our scheme. But all those failed drug tests.......In Shanahan's three drafts so far, he hasn't displayed any tendency to gamble on players like this - he's consistently gone after high character people; team captains and academic achievers.

Mathieu does not fit that description. But I'm convinced that he's one hell of a player, who could be perfect for the Redskins if he gets his act together.

Worth the risk? I can't decide.

|||||||

Postby UK Skins Fan » Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:43 pm

In no particular order, here are some other names that I'll be looking out for over the next few days. They're not guaranteed all pros by any means, but each has their merits and I'd be happy if one or two of them had their names called by the Redskins:

Reid Fragel, OT, Ohio State
Stedman Bailey, WR, West Virginia
Robert Alford, CB, Southeastern Louisiana
Josh Boyce, WR, TCU
Keith Pough, LB, Howard (where?!)
Josh Evans, S, Florida
Kwame Geathers, NT, Georgia
Chris Thompson, RB, Florida State

Hog

Postby riggofan » Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:40 am

UK Skins Fan wrote:Tyrann Mathieu is one player who I just can't make up my mind about. Would he be worth the risk? I keep reading that Raheem Morris loves the kid (I have seen no quotes to back that up though), and his skill set is a great match for what we need at corner. He's talented and versatile, he hits and creates turnovers, and would be a good fit for our scheme.

Could be a help on special teams too. He can return punts and kicks.

Such a huge risk though, I'm not sure we can afford to gamble. Maybe a team like the 49ers or Pats who can get rid of him if he wants to be a knucklehead.

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:35 pm

riggofan wrote:Such a huge risk though, I'm not sure we can afford to gamble. Maybe a team like the 49ers or Pats who can get rid of him if he wants to be a knucklehead.

Nope, draft picks are low risk in the days of the new CBA.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog

Postby riggofan » Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:00 pm

Deadskins wrote:
riggofan wrote:Such a huge risk though, I'm not sure we can afford to gamble. Maybe a team like the 49ers or Pats who can get rid of him if he wants to be a knucklehead.

Nope, draft picks are low risk in the days of the new CBA.

I understand your point, and that's true financially.

I was talking about the draft pick itself. With no first round pick the next two drafts, the cap penalty this year and the problems with the secondary, I don't know that we can afford to gamble on a guy like Matthieu with a second or third round pick. I think we need those picks to play this year.

It would suck to see our second round pick suspended for weed mid season. We have enough problems with that already.

Hog

Postby HTTRRG3ALMO » Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:59 am

Definitely didn't expect what happened in Round 1. I'm really tempted to hope we'll trade up for a couple picks. Don't really think we have much to bargain with though and/or if the cost would out-weigh the payoff.

No Rbs picked, some of my favorite safeties are still around (for now), and lots of solid WRs. Kinda hoping there's still solid o-line guys left (don't know much about the draft talent in that position this year).

Anyway, just venting...closer we get to our pick, the more people I "want" lol

Hog

Postby HTTRRG3ALMO » Thu May 02, 2013 2:44 pm

Sorry if this has already been said, but I just found out that Ray Ray Armstrong got signed 4 days ago to St. Louis.

Return to NFL Draft 2013