Backfield...

Put all your thoughts and musings on the 2013 NFL Draft right here! Mocks... profiles... trades... you name it.
---

Backfield...

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:46 am

I don't think we have someone on our roster that we can put in the backfield with Morris and RGIII...

Some of us were very interested at the possibility of having Reggie Bush. But I think it was moreso his skillset than him in particular that we wanted for the offense.

The Hawks just got Percy and if he can stay healthy, that's a nasty addition to their offense.

Who can we pick up in the draft that can fullfill that role? Will we pick up someone like that? As I stated in an another thread. Someone of that skillset provides protection for RGIII because it'll freeze the defense that much more.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

piglet

Postby Rayskins69 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:57 am

I stated this in another post but a player like Tavon Austin out of WV would be an incredible addition to our offense. I know this is a deep draft for secondary, thats why you would grab him with our 2nd rounder if hes still there. You can get secondary help in the 3rd round and below...

HTTR
Ray

Hog

Postby HTTRRG3ALMO » Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:18 pm

Rayskins69 wrote:I stated this in another post but a player like Tavon Austin out of WV would be an incredible addition to our offense. I know this is a deep draft for secondary, thats why you would grab him with our 2nd rounder if hes still there. You can get secondary help in the 3rd round and below...

HTTR
Ray

I LOVE TA, but that's gonna be really hard to balance. He's definitely compatible for future years' needs; he'll probably end up replacing Moss or Hankerson in time.

However, with our secondary needs, I'm glad I'm not the one who has to make that call...its not like we get two picks back to back; lots of good secondary players will be gone. This draft is loaded with secondary talent, so it may very well be worth the risk.

For this year, that is a luxury pick...but I do believe it will pay off over time.

Decision: Investment or Immediate Need?

Return to NFL Draft 2013