Official 2013 Draft Thread

Put all your thoughts and musings on the 2013 NFL Draft right here! Mocks... profiles... trades... you name it.
~~~~~~

Postby Redskin in Canada » Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:22 pm

What time does the 4th round start tomorrow?
Daniel Snyder has defined incompetence, failure and greed to true Washington Redskins fans over the last decade. Stay away from football operations !!!

Hog

Postby HTTRRG3ALMO » Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:25 pm

The Hogster wrote:Is the 4th round today or tomorrow?

Tomorrow starting at noon and it will wrap up all remaining rounds too

Postby skinsfan#33 » Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:36 pm

Well it looks like the Niles Paul experiment is over.
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain"
(It is time to roll the dice) Tai'shar Manetheren

"Duty is heavier than a Mountain, Death is lighter than a feather" Tai'shar Malkier

RIP James Oliver Rigney, Jr. 1948-2007

swine

Postby Colorado Skin Fan » Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:43 pm

My prediction is the safety they've had their eye on all along is Duke Williams from Nevada. 4th round target.

~~~~~~

Postby Redskin in Canada » Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:53 pm

Colorado Skin Fan wrote:My prediction is the safety they've had their eye on all along is Duke Williams from Nevada. 4th round target.

Not the only safety available but, after picking a TE in the 3rd, they might pick ANY other position. :shock:

I do not understand it but I am sure there is a logic to it.
Daniel Snyder has defined incompetence, failure and greed to true Washington Redskins fans over the last decade. Stay away from football operations !!!

#######

Postby The Hogster » Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:57 pm

Redskin in Canada wrote:
Colorado Skin Fan wrote:My prediction is the safety they've had their eye on all along is Duke Williams from Nevada. 4th round target.

Not the only safety available but, after picking a TE in the 3rd, they might pick ANY other position. :shock:

They really stay true to the board. They must believe this guy can come in and be a tandem with Davis that will present matchup problems. Niles Paul couldn't catch a cold. This guy could wind up being Davis II. Having a Fred Davis and a Hernandez type on the field together could be dangerous.
SPIT HAPPENS!!

Hog

Postby HTTRRG3ALMO » Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:57 pm

Or this guy that Hogster found...look like Sean Taylor when he hits
http://www.thehogs.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=39312

swine

Postby Colorado Skin Fan » Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:01 pm

I like the look of Reyes too. He definetely makes you think of Sean Taylor with the size and big hits. They say he covers well at 6'4", 220lbs.

Hog

Postby HTTRRG3ALMO » Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:02 pm

Redskin in Canada wrote:

LOL Shanny's gonna pull a mind game on us and draft Matt Barkley tomorrow :lol:

But seriously, here's a list of current best available players based on position. I believe it is current but double check anyway:

http://www.hogshaven.com/2013/4/26/4272 ... f-need-for

There's some good talent still around. I'm feeling pretty good.

Fire in the Sky

Postby SkinsFreak » Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:05 pm

Hey guys, Jordan Reed is a great pick. I know some of you weren't predicting a TE in the 3rd, but I saw that the Skins wasted no time when they were on the clock making this pick. They basically ran to the podium, which tells me they had this kid rated highly, and I know why.

I live down here in Florida and most of my friends here are Gator fans. Folks here absolutely love this guy. He was one of the most popular players for the Gators. The analysts say he's the type of TE you can move all around the formation as Reed can create mismatches. Reed has great hands, great ball skills and they love his physicality. Everyone believes his best years are in front of him.

I can plainly see why they took Reed. Fred Davis is the man, but he's returning from an achilles, which can take a long time to recover from. That leaves Logan Paulsen and Niles Paul. (I think most have resigned to the fact that Cooley's days in Washington are over.) Although Paulsen has good hands and makes good catches, he gets no YAC and he's nowhere near the physical specimen Reed is. Although I've been intrigued by the potential of Niles Paul, his hands have yet to show up.

So I believe the addition of Reed puts Paulsen and Paul on notice. I can see us going into the season with Davis, Reed and Paul. (Paul gets the edge only because he's versatile and was a 5th round pick. Paulsen was undrafted. But that's only if Paul learns how to catch. If not, they could stay with Paulsen.)

I really like the pick of Jordan Reed. Mike and Kyle love using the TE in their system and Reed can be dynamic in this offense with RG3 dishing him the ball. How about a two-TE set with Davis and Reed? That would leave either one-on-one with a LB. No match. Reed will really boost our offense IMHO. Love it!

Hog

Postby HTTRRG3ALMO » Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:13 pm

Colorado Skin Fan wrote:I like the look of Reyes too. He definetely makes you think of Sean Taylor with the size and big hits. They say he covers well at 6'4", 220lbs.

And if receiver do catch on him, they'll think twice next time after he hits them :) I'd like to see us get this guy in the 5th unless we know we could steal him even later.

Hog

Postby HTTRRG3ALMO » Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:14 pm

Oh and I'm still pulling for Ray Ray in the last round. He's the icing on the cake for me. Hope no one else picks him up.

B-rad

Postby brad7686 » Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:19 pm

They got two athletes anyway. Reed looks like he can create some mismatches all over the field.
No Pressure, No Diamonds

Hog

Postby TimSkin » Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:19 pm

HTTRRG3ALMO wrote:
The Hogster wrote:
Countertrey wrote:
The Hogster wrote:Niles Paul is somewhere @#!*%
Not as @#!*% as Mark Sanchez... but... yeah!

Mark Sanchez has his resume on the printer right now.

This kid looks good though. I'm seeing where they are going with this. Another weapon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-frWs5UGg0

He looks like Fred Davis insurance. Not to be a broken record but his catching and yards after looks a lot like Davis. Trey made a good comment though about whether or not he can block.

Anyone know this this dude's play?

Okay huge Gators fan here and I do like this pick don't love it but like it. Basically in 2012 the Gators had NO and I mean zip zero zilch of a passing attack besides Reed. Every game he was being double teamed sometimes triple teamed because the Gators had no WRs that could stretch the field(Reed was really their only halfway consistent deep threat) Also because of this the other teams would put 8, 9, sometimes 10 guys in the box so the middle of the field would be congested. This is why he doesn't have monster numbers. However when he does get the ball in his hands he is extremely dangerous in the open field which will be beneficial in our division since the girls, eagles, and gints have average to below average back sevens so he has the potential to be a matchup nightmare.

While his size is only listed at 6'2" 240 he really does seem to play a lot bigger than that.

In his first few years at UF his blocking wasn't that great but last year during the off season it was his first full off season as a TE and all the reporters and coaches were saying he dedicated himself to becoming a better all around blocker and it definitely showed so i'm sure after a couple years with an NFL position coach he will be just fine there.

One thing that he does do that needs to be fixed is he will have a perfectly thrown ball his way and jump up and try to catch it which just lets dudes catch him in the air and tackle him but that can be fixed too.

With Freddy only signing a one year deal this year and not exactly knowing Paul's true potential this is a good pick maybe a bit of a reach but with the type of mismatches this guy could eventually create in our division and Shannallen's drafts so far this guy could end up being a very solid 3rd rounder.
HTTR!!!!!!!!!!!!

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:31 pm

Davis
Paulson
Paul
Cooley

If the coaches say he is hands down better then three of the four, then and only then, is this a good pick. Having Cooley in the reserves isn't a luxury any other team has... So, I don't get the need for another TE. The pukes are decimated at safety, and pick before us... That may not bode well for omorrow.
Luckily they draft wrs too high then train them tobe selfish crybabies who give up on plays. Hopefully they draft a wr w the next pick too.
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

Return to NFL Draft 2013