Redskins @ Ravens

This sub forum is STRICTLY for THN's Redskins' Game Day threads.
Forum rules
Despite our PG board, we WILL tolerate more colorful verbage on game days, but we still ask that you never attack the poster unless it is in Smack.
DarthMonk

Re: Redskins @ Ravens

Postby DarthMonk » Sun Oct 09, 2016 3:19 pm

Hail to the Mother F'n Redskins

Hail Victory

Fight for Old DC !!!
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013, 2016)

Hognostibowl XII Champion (2017)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Sun Oct 09, 2016 3:22 pm

DBackfield shredded by injuries... still has the depth to cover in man and shut down Ravens deep game...
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Sun Oct 09, 2016 3:25 pm

Burgundy&GoldForever wrote:
Deadskins wrote:
Burgundy&GoldForever wrote:Surprised they didn't flag Compton for some *sh$t* defenseless receiver penalty or something.

Perfect hit, right in the gut.

You know that and I know that but I never expect the zebras to know that.
I still can't believe they got that fumble through the end zone right... Maybe the Giant management guy in charge of telling the replay zebra what the call is was in the latrine...

Hog

Postby Burgundy&GoldForever » Sun Oct 09, 2016 3:30 pm

Countertrey wrote:I still can't believe they got that fumble through the end zone right... Maybe the Giant management guy in charge of telling the replay zebra what the call is was in the latrine...

If you watch that play you can see he actually threw the football forward. It would have been an easy challenge, even for Gruden.
"I coached in Washington - and in Washington, you lose the ballgame, it's a bad Monday, I just want to tell you that." - Joe Gibbs

Hog

Postby oj » Sun Oct 09, 2016 3:37 pm

Deadskins wrote:No hold on that 2nd down play???????

The one where Flacco ran to his right and the receiver was barely in bounds? That was an outrageous hold on the backside of Flacco. So bad they never even showed the replay of Flacco throwing the ball, any ref could not have missed that one. The announcers etc were so biased to the Ravens that that play would have embarrassed even them.
Molon Labe

Skins History Buff

Postby welch » Sun Oct 09, 2016 3:37 pm

Redskins ran about 18 times and threw about 40. Please hire Joe Gibbs to give Gruden & coaches a quick clas on how to RUN an offense.

Hog

Postby oj » Sun Oct 09, 2016 3:45 pm

Seemed to me the keys to the game were to move the middle linebackers up into the box further, I believe that was what kept the Pigeons from getting first downs from the 2nd quarter thru to the last couple minutes of the game when they dropped back into coverage and let Flacco complete the underneath stuff.
Molon Labe

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Sun Oct 09, 2016 3:45 pm

oj wrote:
Deadskins wrote:No hold on that 2nd down play???????

The one where Flacco ran to his right and the receiver was barely in bounds? That was an outrageous hold on the backside of Flacco. So bad they never even showed the replay of Flacco throwing the ball, any ref could not have missed that one. The announcers etc were so biased to the Ravens that that play would have embarrassed even them.

Exactly!
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog

Postby grampi » Sun Oct 09, 2016 4:43 pm

Countertrey wrote:DBackfield shredded by injuries... still has the depth to cover in man and shut down Ravens deep game...

Our D looked amazing considering all of the injuries, but WTH is wrong with the offense? I know they were playing against the Ravens D, but let's face it, this isn't the 2000 Ravens D...not even close....

Hog

Postby OldSchool » Sun Oct 09, 2016 4:52 pm

I am happy with the win but this team is SO UNBALANCED. The Ravens have a great defense and playing in them on such a windy day added to the difficulty. I know it is tough to run against the Ravens but late in the when it is 2nd and 1 and you get a 3/4 of a yard and then the OC gives up on the run and call a pass into the teeth of a stiff on 4th inches it is very frustrating. Thankfully, they kept them out of the endzone.

Hog

Postby grampi » Mon Oct 10, 2016 6:58 am

Yeah, I didn't get all the 3rd and ones where they threw the bomb instead of just trying to get the first downs...what's up with that?

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:04 am

Countertrey wrote:
Deadskins wrote:
Burgundy&GoldForever wrote:Surprised they didn't flag Compton for some *sh$t* defenseless receiver penalty or something.

Perfect hit, right in the gut.
I still can't believe they got that fumble through the end zone right... Maybe the Giant management guy in charge of telling the replay zebra what the call is was in the latrine...

He was obviously there when they gave OBJ that late TD last night. #ObviouslyOutOfBounds :roll:
That crap is probably gonna cost me my fantasy week in my other league. They needed to get him a TD so he do his whole kiss-the-net shtick.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Mon Oct 10, 2016 7:00 pm

grampi wrote:Yeah, I didn't get all the 3rd and ones where they threw the bomb instead of just trying to get the first downs...what's up with that?
I get your bewilderment... but that was classic Gibbs... Unfortunately, this team doesn't have a play caller like Gibbs or a cannon arm like Rypien...

s'ok... cause I agree with you... I was repeatedly hollering at the screen in disbelief... The problem is, Jones is totally ineffective as a short yardage back... Way too upright, and does not commit with force... in other words, he can't bang. I think they lost confidence in him through the course of the game in short yardage situations (as they should have).

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Mon Oct 10, 2016 8:52 pm

^^^^ AND Kirk missed Crowder on the 4th down play opting a hard sideline pass to his favorite target Reed instead.... and I'm pretty sure I saw someone underneath on the Djax bomb. I actually liked where his head was since we need more of those, surely even more connected would be sweet, but at that time in the game it was the wrong throw. Huge if it finds its home possibly disastrous to send the D back out though. Should got the first downs on those two plays
#21 forever in our hearts
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

Return to Game Day