Eagles @ Redskins

This sub forum is STRICTLY for THN's Redskins' Game Day threads.
Forum rules
Despite our PG board, we WILL tolerate more colorful verbage on game days, but we still ask that you never attack the poster unless it is in Smack.
Hog

Eagles @ Redskins

Postby Burgundy&GoldForever » Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:07 am

"I coached in Washington - and in Washington, you lose the ballgame, it's a bad Monday, I just want to tell you that." - Joe Gibbs

Hog

Re: Eagles @ Redskins

Postby oj » Sun Oct 16, 2016 9:11 am

Sweet. We are underdogs again, last I checked it was by 3ish. Which tells me the professionals are calling it a kickers game, I'd say we have the edge there for sure.
I wonder if we'll see a breakout game by Preston Smith, he's due and this might be the game. The MLB's have gotten smarter with experience, I have confidance in them. Hopefully the O line has gelled to open some running lanes, I'd like to see a 'Counter Tray' type of play where Moses pulls. I hope to see more of Thompson and Crowder, they have got to get their hands on the ball. A reverse to Crowder to open the game would be sweet.
I don't have a clue to what the scoring will be, I suspect it'll be high.
Go Skins!
Molon Labe

Hog

Postby Burgundy&GoldForever » Sun Oct 16, 2016 10:09 am

oj wrote:Sweet. We are underdogs again, last I checked it was by 3ish. Which tells me the professionals are calling it a kickers game, I'd say we have the edge there for sure.
I wonder if we'll see a breakout game by Preston Smith, he's due and this might be the game. The MLB's have gotten smarter with experience, I have confidance in them. Hopefully the O line has gelled to open some running lanes, I'd like to see a 'Counter Tray' type of play where Moses pulls. I hope to see more of Thompson and Crowder, they have got to get their hands on the ball. A reverse to Crowder to open the game would be sweet.
Go Skins!

Kerrigan will be facing a rookie right tackle who is playing due to injury. He should have a field day.
"I coached in Washington - and in Washington, you lose the ballgame, it's a bad Monday, I just want to tell you that." - Joe Gibbs

Hog

Postby oj » Sun Oct 16, 2016 10:46 am

Burgundy&GoldForever wrote:
oj wrote:Sweet. We are underdogs again, last I checked it was by 3ish. Which tells me the professionals are calling it a kickers game, I'd say we have the edge there for sure.
Go Skins!

Kerrigan will be facing a rookie right tackle who is playing due to injury. He should have a field day.

I didn't know that, Kerrigan is hungry looking to reestablish himself as an elite and you are probably right he'll learn a rookie some lessons.
Molon Labe

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Sun Oct 16, 2016 11:51 am

Burgundy&GoldForever wrote:
Go Skins!

Yes, that injury being a 10-game PED suspension. :lol:
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog

Postby Burgundy&Wha? » Sun Oct 16, 2016 11:58 am

We're winning today. Week 6 is the time when the talking heads' early season narratives get turned upside down. The cracks start to show in the Iggles jalopy today.

Win.

HTTR

Hog

Postby Burgundy&GoldForever » Sun Oct 16, 2016 12:01 pm

Deadskins wrote:Yes, that injury being a 10-game PED suspension. :lol:

I knew about Lane Johnson. I thought I read somewhere his backup (Allen Barbre) was injured and that's why Halapoulivaati Vaitai is starting.

Maybe I'm wrong about that. Either way, Kerrigan should be in the backfield a lot today. I'd guess the Eagles run away from him and toward Smith.

Hog

Postby Burgundy&GoldForever » Sun Oct 16, 2016 12:03 pm

Ugh. Deferring on the opening kickoff again.

Hog

Postby Burgundy&Wha? » Sun Oct 16, 2016 12:04 pm

First play. Holding and a sack. Nice.

Hog

Postby Burgundy&GoldForever » Sun Oct 16, 2016 12:06 pm

Mason got mugged.

Hog

Postby Burgundy&Wha? » Sun Oct 16, 2016 12:07 pm

TWO SACKS FOR KERRIGAN!

Hog

Postby Burgundy&Wha? » Sun Oct 16, 2016 12:09 pm

Let's get the running game going. Have a nice mix.

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Sun Oct 16, 2016 12:12 pm

How many spare Wentz jerseys do you think they brought?
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog

Postby Burgundy&Wha? » Sun Oct 16, 2016 12:13 pm

DJax is impacting this game early.

Hog

Postby Burgundy&Wha? » Sun Oct 16, 2016 12:14 pm

Setting up that double move.

Return to Game Day