Redskins @ Lions

This sub forum is STRICTLY for THN's Redskins' Game Day threads.
Forum rules
Despite our PG board, we WILL tolerate more colorful verbage on game days, but we still ask that you never attack the poster unless it is in Smack.
Hog

Re: Redskins @ Lions

Postby Burgundy&Wha? » Sun Oct 23, 2016 3:10 pm

Brian Mitchell and Trevor Matich agree that the play that lost the game was the fumble at the two yard line.

Hog

Postby hanburgerheel » Sun Oct 23, 2016 3:17 pm

Burgundy&Wha? wrote:Brian Mitchell and Trevor Matich agree that the play that lost the game was the fumble at the two yard line.

They're wrong, too!

piggie

Postby EaglelandSkin » Sun Oct 23, 2016 3:23 pm

I could only listen on the Redskins app. Did Kirk score too quickly? Could the defense have stopped the Lions on their last drive or are they that good? Did they say why they didn't try to get 35 yds and attempt a game-tying FG?
Joe Theismann: "Nobody in the game of football should be called a genius. A genius is somebody like Norman Einstein."

Skins History Buff

Postby welch » Sun Oct 23, 2016 3:24 pm

(1) Where is Alfred Morris? Not as fast as Fumbles Jones, but sometimes you need a reliable runner. Oops. I think I know where Morris works this season...

(2) Fumbles Jones. Long, Long ago, in a football league far away, the Redskins had a RB named Riggins who refused to fumble. He was stronger. He put two hands on the ball as he got extra yardage. Jones is not a rookie: it's time he learned

(3) Defense! Defense! Defense! When the Lions are not running the ball, should the Redskins defensive "coordinator" be more coordinated?

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Sun Oct 23, 2016 4:03 pm

Would've liked to see us drain the clock more before scoring... crap
#21 forever in our hearts
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Sun Oct 23, 2016 4:06 pm

Burgundy&GoldForever wrote:Stafford has all day when they don't call his line for holding.

Man that last drive was chalked full of rear naked chokes and horse collar "blocks" Smmfh
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Sun Oct 23, 2016 4:12 pm

oj wrote:Poor defense play calling, they should have stayed in man coverage and they went into zone and let them march right down the field. The only time they went into man coverage is when they sacked Stafford for that big loss and wen tright back to zone to give them the TD. 2 more plays in man coverage and we would hav ewon, inspite of Gruden letting Jones stay in the game and continue to fumble. Poor coaching lost that game.

X2.

The unappreciated D gave us 8 quarters without a td... whilst the O put up three in the first half against a crappy D.

We lost Norman. And should've tried an onsides kick! THEN we went to our horrible prevent Defence, that notoriously only prevents us from winning!

Blame coach. Blame Jones. But get real, and do NOT blame the Defense. Smmfh

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Sun Oct 23, 2016 4:17 pm

cowboykillerzRGiii wrote:We lost Norman. And should've tried an onsides kick!

When? Williams may be gone too. :cry:
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog

Postby oj » Sun Oct 23, 2016 5:06 pm

Now that I have cooled off a bit, it might be that Baker, Kerrigan & Co did not have 1 more play left in them. That last time they nailed Stafford they might have needed a break and that was why Barry played zone instead of another allout jailbreak - which is what was needed to win the game. The D had the lions backed up and Barry played conservative to give a 1 play rest before hammering Stafford again. That is the only scenario that makes sense to me. The boys just did not have 1 more play left in them. I'd rather think that then the alternative.
Molon Labe

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Sun Oct 23, 2016 6:49 pm

hanburgerheel wrote:
Burgundy&Wha? wrote:Brian Mitchell and Trevor Matich agree that the play that lost the game was the fumble at the two yard line.

They're wrong, too!
... because, the best response to being wrong is to keep digging? :roll:
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

08 Champ
Location: IF you're lucky enough to live in Newport, RI, you're lucky enough

Postby SkinsJock » Sun Oct 23, 2016 9:14 pm

We did not score more points than they did - it's really a simple game .... :lol:

9 games to go ...
The Redskins will never be a consistently successful franchise while Dan Snyder is so involved with 'managing'
we may have some success but there's no chance of any consistentency ... NONE!

Hog

Postby hanburgerheel » Mon Oct 24, 2016 12:36 am

Countertrey wrote:
hanburgerheel wrote:

They're wrong, too!
... because, the best response to being wrong is to keep digging? :roll:

The game was won with 1:05 seconds left. the only way we could lose woul dbe for the defense to allow Detroit to score a TD. That is exactly what happened, in less than a minute.

I realize that all the events of the whole game result in the eventual outcome. But, what might have happened, or could have happened are speculation, at best. What DID happen is what I have been contending. The Jones fumble near the goal was unfortunate and might have cost us points, but we'll never know because he fumbled before that happened. What DID happen is; our team went ahead with 1:05 left and the defense failed to keep Detroit from scoring a TD.

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Mon Oct 24, 2016 2:23 pm

Deadskins wrote:

Onsides kick after we scored the to with 1:30 left or so.. a sneaky onsides kick

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Mon Oct 24, 2016 2:53 pm

cowboykillerzRGiii wrote:
Deadskins wrote:

Onsides kick after we scored the to with 1:30 left or so.. a sneaky onsides kick

Well, they'd certainly never expect that, but If it fails, then they get the ball with < 50 yards to go. Not many coaches would call something like that.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog

Postby grampi » Tue Oct 25, 2016 7:18 am

I didn't get to watch the game, but I kept getting the updates during the game on XM. Seems to me when the offense does absolutely nothing for 3 quarters then tries to eek out a win by scoring late in the game, then expecting a depleted defense to come up with a stop, that's a pretty good recipe to lose... :oops: I don't understand why the offense was struggling so much against DET...as I understand it, their defense was pretty depleted as well...we should have been able to score much more than we did...

Return to Game Day