Redskins Vs Bengals @ London

This sub forum is STRICTLY for THN's Redskins' Game Day threads.
Forum rules
Despite our PG board, we WILL tolerate more colorful verbage on game days, but we still ask that you never attack the poster unless it is in Smack.
CKRGiii

Re: Redskins Vs Bengals @ London

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Sun Oct 30, 2016 3:35 pm

Norman and Cousins played out of their minds today... Gtfoh!
Shoulda coulda woulda. Grudens old hc pulled a fast one and changed the game by icing the kicker; and effectively iced the long snapper. It's whatever, but you don't point fingers at a guy who kept AJ Green out of the endzone and another guy who threw for 458 yards...That's insane
Last edited by cowboykillerzRGiii on Sun Oct 30, 2016 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#21 forever in our hearts
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Sun Oct 30, 2016 4:52 pm

SkinsJock wrote:As good a CB as Norman is he has to know that he really hurt the team by what he did - as good a QB as Cousins is we need him to be more effective in the Red Zone - play calling on offense sucks - Gruden needs to be a better HC

for the 3rd time this season we found a way to not win a game we should have won - this has been mainly because key players and coaches have not done their jobs as well as they are capable - this criticism is aimed at the leaders, both players and coaches

hopefully Scot will take this into account when we look at who should stay and who should go at the end of the season

sick and tired of this BS
Are you serious? [-X
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

08 Champ
Location: IF you're lucky enough to live in Newport RI, you're lucky enough

Postby SkinsJock » Sun Oct 30, 2016 6:16 pm

Countertrey wrote:sick and tired of this BS
Are you serious? [-X[/quote]

maybe ... I'm just really disappointed in Josh for continuously putting his hands on Green's face mask - he's better than that and does not need to - once or twice is not bad but he did it a lot and it's a sign of a player losing his composure - Tony Dungy "these were good calls and they did not make all the calls they could have ..." - Josh is better than that

as far as Cousins is concerned he has to do a better job in the Red Zone - he had over 400 yards so we know he's completing a lot of passes and he has a lot of weapons - find a way to get it done better when we get to the Red Zone - is that too much to ask?

we should have won this by 10 - we continue to not play as well as we are capable
The Redskins' franchise has been a huge disappointment since 1999 and it's not getting better anytime soon

Hog

Postby grampi » Mon Oct 31, 2016 7:25 am

The Skins beat themselves out of a win in this game.....there were WWWWWAAAAAYYYYYYYYY too many penalties against our D that kept giving the Bungles huge chunks of yardage and 1st downs. Someone needs to tell our pass defenders to quit grabbing the receivers during the pass route before the ball arrives, and then Hopkins basically misses a PAT for a FG that would've been the game winner...I wonder how good the Skins could be if they could get rid of all of this bonehead garbage?

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:36 am

SkinsJock wrote:I'm just really disappointed in Josh for continuously putting his hands on Green's face mask - he's better than that and does not need to - once or twice is not bad but he did it a lot and it's a sign of a player losing his composure - Tony Dungy "these were good calls and they did not make all the calls they could have ..." - Josh is better than that

I disagree with Dungy. Those were some seriously ticky-tacky calls. Most of the time he didn't appear to even touch the facemask, or if he did, it was just a light tap. Never did he move Green's head, which is what a hands to the face call should be for. One time he hit Green in the upper shoulder pads and still drew a call. I'm sure he was giving the ref an earful, and probably brought a lot of the calls on himself, but NFL refs should be above petty payback calls for feeling disrespected. That said, Norman calling the ref out in the post-game presser, was really stupid. That's not going to make things better, Josh. You thought the refs cheated us before? Just wait. :evil:
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog

Postby Burgundy&GoldForever » Mon Oct 31, 2016 10:07 am

Deadskins wrote:
SkinsJock wrote:I'm just really disappointed in Josh for continuously putting his hands on Green's face mask - he's better than that and does not need to - once or twice is not bad but he did it a lot and it's a sign of a player losing his composure - Tony Dungy "these were good calls and they did not make all the calls they could have ..." - Josh is better than that

I disagree with Dungy. Those were some seriously ticky-tacky calls. Most of the time he didn't appear to even touch the facemask, or if he did, it was just a light tap. Never did he move Green's head, which is what a hands to the face call should be for. One time he hit Green in the upper shoulder pads and still drew a call. I'm sure he was giving the ref an earful, and probably brought a lot of the calls on himself, but NFL refs should be above petty payback calls for feeling disrespected. That said, Norman calling the ref out in the post-game presser, was really stupid. That's not going to make things better, Josh. You thought the refs cheated us before? Just wait. :evil:

Norman had been called for illegal hands to the face a total of 7 times in his entire NFL career before that game. He was called for it four times in that game. I think it's pretty clear that official sucked.
"I coached in Washington - and in Washington, you lose the ballgame, it's a bad Monday, I just want to tell you that." - Joe Gibbs

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Mon Oct 31, 2016 10:57 am

OK - it's not really a penalty if you just touch the face mask ... and it really shouldn't matter that he kept doing it ... Norman states that Green actually pushed his hands up into his face mask ... when I slowed it down that is just complete BS - one thing is clear, doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result is just STUPID

Norman is one of the best in the game and he lost his composure

there were a number of penalties and mistakes by the players that indicate to me our coaches need to do a better job

it's just frustrating to see this happen - these guys are better than 3-4-1

thankfully we have a bye week - can't wait to see what happens on the field in the coming weeks :twisted:
The Redskins' franchise has been a huge disappointment since 1999 and it's not getting better anytime soon

Hog

Postby Burgundy&GoldForever » Mon Oct 31, 2016 11:17 am

SkinsJock wrote:these guys are better than 3-4-1

Yes, they are 4-3-1. Do you not even know the team's record?
"I coached in Washington - and in Washington, you lose the ballgame, it's a bad Monday, I just want to tell you that." - Joe Gibbs

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Mon Oct 31, 2016 11:24 am

SkinsJock wrote:Norman is one of the best in the game and he lost his composure

I never saw him lose his composure. You must have been watching a different game.

Hail to the Redskins!

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Mon Oct 31, 2016 11:55 am

Deadskins wrote:

I never saw him lose his composure. You must have been watching a different game.

Norman can play better and smarter and he tries to get into the WR's head - yesterday, Green got the better of him

you obviously weren't watching the matchup closely enough and you must have missed the interview after the game

Norman tried blaming the official - he looked a little rattled - Norman actually touched his facemark even more than was called :roll:

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:03 pm

Burgundy&GoldForever wrote: ... Norman had been called for illegal hands to the face a total of 7 times in his entire NFL career before that game. He was called for it 4 times in that game. I think it's pretty clear that official sucked.

Why? because you didn't like it - did you watch the matchup? - Norman kept putting his hands (left and right) on Green's face mask
FYI, that is a penalty ... and Norman got called for it less times than he got called for it

in a way the official did a bad job ... he should have made the call more often

Norman knew he would get penalized and yet he kept doing it - why would he do that? maybe because he was frustrated ... :lol:

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:10 pm

SkinsJock wrote:
Deadskins wrote:

Norman can play better and smarter and he tries to get into the WR's head - yesterday, Green got the better of him

you obviously weren't watching the matchup closely enough and you must have missed the interview after the game

Norman tried blaming the official - he looked a little rattled - Norman actually touched his facemark even more than was called :roll:

Disagree with everything you said here. Green did NOT get the better of him. I saw the presser (commented on it above, which prompted your posts I'm pretty sure :roll: ). He didn't try to blame the ref, he just complained that he sucked, and I agree. Like I said, touching the facemask is NOT hands to the face, or even a facemask penalty. You have to actually move the head of the opposing player to warrant a penalty. Norman never did that. Should he have stopped after the first or second time it was called? Yes, obviously, because the ref is trying to make a point, and you aren't going to win that argument. That doesn't mean the ref was right, but it's stupid to continue to hurt your team just to spite him. He will get fined for publically criticizing the refs. The NFL won't stand for that, even if they are wrong.

Hail to the Redskins!

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Mon Oct 31, 2016 2:03 pm

To Norman's point in the presser... the wide outs weren't called for putting hands on HIM... and the blatant face mask missed, then the call on Pierre. He was complaining about the overall bias of the refs, and for them not being consistent. Most shows and articles aren't even mentioning the offensive PI call in Garçon... because it was really THAT bad of a call. And possibly changed the outcome of the game.
To those points, Norman and the entire team have a right to be frustrated with the refs IMHO
#21 forever in our hearts
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

Hog

Postby Burgundy&Wha? » Mon Oct 31, 2016 2:44 pm

Pac Man was backpeddling on the Offensive PI from Garcon. That made it "look" like it was a push off rather than actually BEING a push off.

DJax was hit with the crown of the helmet while the ref was in position and LOOKING RIGHT AT IT without throwing a flag.

The facemask against Crowder was BLATANT, and with the WHOLE STADIUM looking at him, without a flag.

These are the plays with which the refs blew it. Throwing flags against the Bungles for these plays would have changed the way THEY played the game. Throwing flags against the Skins changed field position and the way our guys played the game. The refs mattered.

If coaches and players have to face reporters after wins and losses, the refs should face questioning as well. As of now, they can impact the outcome of games with a simple holding penalty. They should answer questions about their calls.

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Mon Oct 31, 2016 4:02 pm

I totally agree that the officials made some horrendous calls and missed a bunch of calls - the one on Garcon was just STUPID as Jones was obviously backing up

if you touch or jam a player in the area of the face mask you will most likely get penalized whether his helmet moves or not

if you continue to do this (it looked to Dungy and myself that Norman did this more than 4 times) and continue to draw a penalty, you are just hurting your team - IMHO :roll:

enough from me - we should have won this game and many people including the officials were involved in causing that to happen

bad and missed calls are happening a lot - but as long as they get the players for unsportsmanlike conduct, its OK with the NFL

did any of you see the missed calls in the eagles/pukes game - some of these refs are just horrible

Return to Game Day