Redskins @ Cowboys

This sub forum is STRICTLY for THN's Redskins' Game Day threads.
Forum rules
Despite our PG board, we WILL tolerate more colorful verbage on game days, but we still ask that you never attack the poster unless it is in Smack.
Hog

Re: Redskins @ Cowboys

Postby hanburgerheel » Thu Nov 24, 2016 8:04 pm

grampi wrote:The good news is Cousins will get his big contract cuz there ain't no way the Skins will let him go...he's hotter than a tin peckered billy goat right now!

and, I'm thrilled about that.

We've needed a good QB for decades, it seems. He's getting better and better. If we can bump-up the running game to be equal to the passing game, it will be awesome.

If the defense can improve a lot more, we'll be in Super Bowls.

Hog

Postby grampi » Thu Nov 24, 2016 8:13 pm

hanburgerheel wrote:
grampi wrote:The good news is Cousins will get his big contract cuz there ain't no way the Skins will let him go...he's hotter than a tin peckered billy goat right now!

and, I'm thrilled about that.

We've needed a good QB for decades, it seems. He's getting better and better. If we can bump-up the running game to be equal to the passing game, it will be awesome.

If the defense can improve a lot more, we'll be in Super Bowls.

We may be closer than you think right now. We have a stout passing game, one of the top running games, and a defense that's playing better than can be expected given all of the injuries....our biggest weakness is our red zone offense...how many 2 point conversions have we made this year? I haven't seen them make one...it just seems like they have no idea what to do when they're inside the 10...like they only know how to score TDs if they're 50 yards out....

Hog

Postby TexasCowboy » Thu Nov 24, 2016 8:31 pm

Good game - I do have a serious question though, just what in the Hell were they thinking attempting an
onside kick so early? the defense wasn't allowing Dak or Zeke to run the ball, like they were earlier in
the game...The TD made it close, I saw NO reason to go for a "Jap" play

thoughts?
People don't like the truth because many times the truth takes them out of their comfort zone -
Jesse Ventura

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Thu Nov 24, 2016 8:42 pm

When gruden tries to be ballsy, ots usually when he should be smart. Dumb ass play call. Should've bad em earn it!

The sun was a factor.. two missed field goals and redone woes. Not bad on the road and an excruciating short week
#21 forever in our hearts
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

Hog

Postby TexasCowboy » Thu Nov 24, 2016 8:50 pm

cowboykillerzRGiii wrote:When gruden tries to be ballsy, it's usually when he should be smart. Dumb ass play call. Should've had em earn it!

I agree had the touchdown, failed on the 2 point try..but were within striking distance the onside kick should have never been called

cowboykillerzRGiii wrote:The sun was a factor.. two missed field goals and redone woes. Not bad on the road and an excruciating short week

Lots of factors to lose by 5 not to bad even though it's a loss..still can take something away from this 1
People don't like the truth because many times the truth takes them out of their comfort zone -
Jesse Ventura

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Thu Nov 24, 2016 8:51 pm

After his presser I feel better about it.. feast or famine
#21 forever in our hearts
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

08 Champ
Location: IF you're lucky enough to live in Newport RI, you're lucky enough

Postby SkinsJock » Fri Nov 25, 2016 11:37 am

our offensive play calling has got to get better - what the hell was Kelley doing lined up behind center and there were a number of running plays that the pukes looked like they knew what was coming
The Redskins have been a huge disappointment since 1999 - it's not getting better until Dan Snyder stops interfering
give people the authority to do their jobs and support them
'Happy Xmas, you're fired Bruce Allen' would be a good start

Hog

Postby grampi » Mon Nov 28, 2016 9:00 am

SkinsJock wrote:our offensive play calling has got to get better - what the hell was Kelley doing lined up behind center and there were a number of running plays that the pukes looked like they knew what was coming

The play calling between the 20s seems fine, it's the play calling inside the red zone that sucks...they act like they haven't got a clue what to do inside the red zone...

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Mon Nov 28, 2016 4:11 pm

as someone else pointed out - they're more afraid of what could go wrong than what could go right

it's called "coaching scared" and Gruden is a master of the art
The Redskins have been a huge disappointment since 1999 - it's not getting better until Dan Snyder stops interfering

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:15 pm

SkinsJock wrote:as someone else pointed out - they're more afraid of what could go wrong than what could go right

it's called "coaching scared" and Gruden is a master of the art
I don't know... I thinks its just poor play calling, and execution errors... I mean, stupid as it was, wildcat from the 5 was not "coaching scared"... it was just dumb.

I'm happy with the play of the team, for the most part. That was a game we could have... and should have... won.
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:18 am

Maybe 'coaching scared' is too strong ...maybe - It's just another game from a season with too many bad/dumb decisions by this HC

AND - it happens in all facets of the game - not just the offense - surely, there has to be accountability for this

Return to Game Day