Redskins @ Cardinals

This sub forum is STRICTLY for THN's Redskins' Game Day threads.
Forum rules
Despite our PG board, we WILL tolerate more colorful verbage on game days, but we still ask that you never attack the poster unless it is in Smack.
Hog

Re: Redskins @ Cardinals

Postby Burgundy&Wha? » Sun Dec 04, 2016 7:40 pm

hanburgerheel wrote:
Burgundy&Wha? wrote:And there's the pass that NFL Network will feast on all week. Pressure on Cousins and no answer from our line. I don't blame Cousins on that.

Really? Crowder was WIDE OPEN and he threw it way behind him and got picked-off. They were bringing the house, and he knew it.

Really, genius. Two men hit Cousins as he threw the ball. Watch the replay.

Hog

Postby hanburgerheel » Sun Dec 04, 2016 7:43 pm

Burgundy&Wha? wrote:
hanburgerheel wrote:
Burgundy&Wha? wrote:And there's the pass that NFL Network will feast on all week. Pressure on Cousins and no answer from our line. I don't blame Cousins on that.

Really? Crowder was WIDE OPEN and he threw it way behind him and got picked-off. They were bringing the house, and he knew it.

Really, genius. Two men hit Cousins as he threw the ball. Watch the replay.

Actually, he went down after he threw it.

Cousins had a good day. He just threw a bad pass at the end. The defense blows. The offense settles for too many FG's. It's not complicated.

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Sun Dec 04, 2016 8:03 pm

Crowder had Six if Kirk gets that off cleanly.

Owell, good battle... better for the wrong team like last week. Definitely have a nice core to build on next year, but this isn't a championship D. I couldn't even imagine how terrible we'd be without Norman tho. Seems like Breeland has regressed and the majority of the other players are mediocre at best
#21 forever in our hearts
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Sun Dec 04, 2016 8:08 pm

Worst part is that TB won... I've been saying for a few weeks that they are a sleeper.. then they beat KC, rolled Sea, and now might knock us out if we don't string some wins together. *sh$t*
#21 forever in our hearts
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

08 Champ
Location: IF you're lucky enough to live in Newport, RI, you're lucky enough

Postby SkinsJock » Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:27 pm

the problem with this team is the leadership - the play calling on offense is gutless

Arians had the lead and could have played not to lose like we normally do - he went for it

we left 11 points out there (maybe even more) because of gutless play calling
The Redskins will never be a consistently successful franchise while Dan Snyder is so involved with 'managing'
we may have some success but there's no chance of any consistentency ... NONE!

Hog

Postby grampi » Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:15 am

I didn't get to watch the game, and I understand our D had/has a lot of injuries and they haven't been up to full strength in a while, but how do we allow a team that normally struggles to score 6 or 7 points a game score 31? That's some pretty poor defensive play! And it sounds like the O is up to more of the same, can't score in the red zone? We had a chance to gain on NY yesterday as they finally lost, and what do we do? Lose as well....figures....

Hog

Postby oj » Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:55 am

I didn't see the game but listened to it while getting glimpses of it on TV. Looked to me like the defense was playing zone, Barry was happy with it at half time, no adjustments and the 2nd half was a repeat of the 1st half. Everytime he plays zone we loose. Everytime. The corners are good enough to play man coverage long enough for an aggressive pass rush to get to the quaterback, when we do that we win games. Period. We play zone, we loose. We play man, we win. Its the difference between passive and aggressive.
The coaching staff should stay in Arizona, they called a better game for the Cardinals than they called for the Skins.
Molon Labe

Return to Game Day