Redskins @ Eagles

This sub forum is STRICTLY for THN's Redskins' Game Day threads.
Forum rules
Despite our PG board, we WILL tolerate more colorful verbage on game days, but we still ask that you never attack the poster unless it is in Smack.
DarthMonk

Re: Redskins @ Eagles

Postby DarthMonk » Sun Dec 11, 2016 7:49 pm

Burgundy&GoldForever wrote:
DarthMonk wrote:Sproles call was correct as we hit him before ball arrived. Ball hit us in the back as we delivered hit.

True, however Sproles should have called a fair catch. Instead he crouched down and got nailed in the chest with a shoulder.

True but we hit him early so it's a penalty for sure. We were definitely not head-hunting though.
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013, 2016)

Hognostibowl XII Champion (2017)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

08 Champ
Location: IF you're lucky enough to live in Newport, RI, you're lucky enough

Postby SkinsJock » Sun Dec 11, 2016 9:03 pm

no doubt at all that the guy thought he was tackling a player with the ball and had no intent at all to hit the guy high
The Redskins will never be a consistently successful franchise while Dan Snyder is so involved with 'managing'
we may have some success but there's no chance of any consistentency ... NONE!

tribe
Location: SURF CITY, HB, CALI *** Occasionally flying into a SUPERNOVA

Postby tribeofjudah » Sun Dec 11, 2016 9:38 pm

#22 Everett is trying to SHOW coaches that he belongs on the field. But I think he will be getting a letter from the League Office for that HIT on Sproles. That was a mean hit and way too soon.....BUT NOT intentional on his part. The ball hit #22 on the back on his numbers. But I think his aggressive nature will reap him more playing time.
Proverbs 27:17 As iron sharpens iron,
so one person sharpens another.

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Mon Dec 12, 2016 12:10 pm

SkinsJock wrote:Sproles got tagged high - some shoulder, most of the contact was to the helmet

He wasn't hit high, Sproles lowered his body into the strike zone. He was hit early, though. The defenseless player call earlier was the same. Had the Smeagol stayed at the same level the hit would have been delivered to the chest. This gets called all the time, but I think the league should consider the actions of the player getting hit into the equation.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Tue Dec 13, 2016 11:36 am

to clarify, the Sproles hit was not intentionally high by #22 - he thought that Darren Sproles was going to catch the ball and he tackled him - it happened that Sproles lowered his body and the contact was made - the contact was to the shoulders but it seemed to me that there was also some contact to the helmet ... others here do not agree with this ... so to further clarify - here it is :roll:

the correct call was made by the officials and it's all part of the game

http://www.sbnation.com/2016/12/11/1391 ... or-everett
The Redskins will never be a consistently successful franchise while Dan Snyder is so involved with 'managing'

Hog

Postby Burgundy&GoldForever » Tue Dec 13, 2016 12:22 pm

Whatever. Sproles has no argument.

https://vine.co/v/izqn9v3MagH
"I coached in Washington - and in Washington, you lose the ballgame, it's a bad Monday, I just want to tell you that." - Joe Gibbs

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Tue Dec 13, 2016 3:23 pm

Burgundy&GoldForever wrote:Whatever. Sproles has no argument.

these hits happen all the time - I never implied that Everett was head hunting - I was just pointing out that Sproles took a hard hit to the helmet area - the only reason that Everett was penalized was for the early hit to the helmet - if the refs thought that it was done intentionally, they would have ejected him, which they did not

Return to Game Day